Oct and Nov glory cancellations? help

ron57nie

I am booked on a 10-17-2009 Glory out of Port Canaveral which has been cancelled, the ship moved to Miami. I know people booked earlier are unchanged and thouse booked after December are having their cruise changed to the Dream without any hassle and the rate is honored as well as a $50 onboard credit. Those of us who booked in the two month transition timeframe are being offered nothing. I have been on the phone with my travel agent and now personally with Carnival resolution department with no clear answer, and in fact we were offered several different possibilities all which had been offered then rejected with an "I'm very sorry , that has been rejected", but still no confirmed booking in over a week of trying. We have been told pick a date and we do and the rate is not held, try another date , we do , same story. It has gotten to the point where we said "look we'll take any 7 day cruise anywhere out of Florida, to any port, for any week other then Thanksgiving or Christmas.

To make matters worse we went through this in March when they cancelled the Sept 19, 2009 Glory cruise and they let us change to any other week, had we changed to December we would be fine, if we change to August same story. The way Carnival has handled this is embarassing and the lack of consistancy in the answers and proceedures is unbelievable for an organization in business for this long. A similar situation I had with NCL was handled seemlessly, I was moved to another week, given an upgrade and a $50 room credit all accomplished in one day.

What I need is to know what others are experiencing and any suggetions other then prayers which have already been offered.

I guess what I am trying to get my head around is what are you wanting from Carnival. Are you wanting to sail at the same price for the same room on another ship, or are you wanting to sail on the Dream at the same price as your Glory cruise. It is tough to offer suggestions not knowing A. What has already been offered either by you or Carnival and B. what are you trying to achieve.

Well what I want is to cruise for the same price I agreed to initially, which was for an oceanview room on the Glory. At this point I'll take anything that gets me the same price on a 7 day cruise out of Florida...I admit the pricce was fantastic...$349 for an oceanview 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral, I just want to Carnival to honor the price we agreed to...Surely I am not the only one with this problem.

...$349 for an oceanview 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral, I just want to Carnival to honor the price we agreed to...Surely I am not the only one with this problem.

Man, how does one get those kind of prices?

Well what I want is to cruise for the same price I agreed to initially, which was for an oceanview room on the Glory. At this point I'll take anything that gets me the same price on a 7 day cruise out of Florida...I admit the pricce was fantastic...$349 for an oceanview 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral, I just want to Carnival to honor the price we agreed to...Surely I am not the only one with this problem.

I would be feeling the same way. They should be willing to transfer the booking to another 7 day or do something seems like to me too. I agree.

(and yep that is a fantasic rate, thats less than Im paying for my 5 day on Ecstasy and not even for a OV).

I would have to agree that $349 is a great rate for an ocean view. I would want Carnival to honor that rate as well. What have they said so far about getting that rate on the Dream. I have seen several posts about how Carnival is honoring the rate that people had already booked. Seems odd that they wouldn't honor yours when they are honoring others. By the way how did you manage to get such a great rate. I have never gotten such a good rate and I am constantly looking for the best deals.

Well I have little to do but look for great deals...that said I found this deal in Dec 2007 for a Sept 2009 sailing, it was the posted rate on several sites and was for several sailings over the month of September. It was in fact an accident as i meant to look for 2008 but clcked 2009 instead. My Sept cruise was cancelled in March due to the ship being schedualed for dry dock. Carnival gave me several options at that time as alternatives and I chose the October sailing which has again been cancelled. Had i chosen earlier in Sept or later in Dec I would not be having this problem. Only cruises from Oct and Nov 2009 are being canceled with no price honoring.

We were on the same sailing with you. Our TA went to bat for us and got us a decent deal. On the 10/19/09 sailing we had booked a 1A at a very good price (military rate). Now, Carnival wouldn't honor that price on the new sailing I picked out (8/30/08) but they said if we would pay the going rate of a 1A (which was an additional $151 for both of us - not pp) they would upgrade us to a 6A oceanview and give us an onboard credit of $50 as well as honor our fuel surcharge at the time we originally booked our cruise.

Not quite the deal I wanted but not to bad compared to others. Wish I could have been one of the ones just switched to the Dream - some people have all the luck of being at the right place at the right time.

Not too sure the missing cruise people like myself and others was handled the best way by Carnival but that's not going to stop me from sailing Carnival as the have fantasic military rates and with my husband retired we have to conserve all the money we can so we can still cruise.

Not sure why you would expect anything except a full refund. Your crusie is 15 months away. Just find another one and book it. Carnival should not be giving anyone anything for cancellations that far out.

Not sure why you would expect anything except a full refund. Your crusie is 15 months away. Just find another one and book it. Carnival should not be giving anyone anything for cancellations that far out.

I disagree....they should not be penalized because they booked a cruise well in advance. Carnival entered into an agreement for them to sail on a certian day on a certian ship. It was carnvial that decided to change the ships location so they should be offering alternatives other than you need to pay more money to cruise now.

Well I have little to do but look for great deals...that said I found this deal in Dec 2007 for a Sept 2009 sailing, it was the posted rate on several sites and was for several sailings over the month of September. It was in fact an accident as i meant to look for 2008 but clcked 2009 instead. My Sept cruise was cancelled in March due to the ship being schedualed for dry dock. Carnival gave me several options at that time as alternatives and I chose the October sailing which has again been cancelled. Had i chosen earlier in Sept or later in Dec I would not be having this problem. Only cruises from Oct and Nov 2009 are being canceled with no price honoring.

is there another date for glory that would work for you?? I would ask them to honor that rate on another date at the very least.

Everything finally worked out...we will be cruising from Miami on the Glory one day later then originally planned. They kept me happy which was the main thing and we will be keeping our 3 other cruises which we are currently signed up for. Thank all of you kept encouraging us and thank you Carnival for meeting our expectations both as a customer and a stockholder.

Archived