How does a B2B cruise work??

red1der1

No you can leave your stuff in the room, that is if you have the same room booked. Others have said they were able to move it to the new room. You will have to disembark, get a new S&S card. Most say it takes 45 min to 1 hour. I have not done it yet but someday will.

On our B2B cruise, the Spirit, coming from Hawaii, heading to Alaska, we were told to wait until all the passengers that were not doing B2B, were off the ship, we were told an approximate time to meet where everyone else was debarking. We were then led off the ship, by ship's personnal, to go through customs, get our new S&S card. We were then able to go back on the ship, or off to see the port of Vancouver, BC. which ever we chose to do. We had to change rooms, but they do all the moving, you have to pack it up, but they will move it to your next room. Our next B2B, in October, we will stay in the same room for the entire 16 days. Hope this helps.

Linda

On our B2B cruise, the Spirit, coming from Hawaii, heading to Alaska, we were told to wait until all the passengers that were not doing B2B, were off the ship, we were told an approximate time to meet where everyone else was debarking. We were then led off the ship, by ship's personnal, to go through customs, get our new S&S card. We were then able to go back on the ship, or off to see the port of Vancouver, BC. which ever we chose to do. We had to change rooms, but they do all the moving, you have to pack it up, but they will move it to your next room. Our next B2B, in October, we will stay in the same room for the entire 16 days. Hope this helps.

Linda

I see you are going to the panama, I don't remember seeing you on the roll call. Why don't you stop by and say hi:) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=678209&page=273

Hello!

Ditto to imacruiser2 - probably did the same cruise B2B on 5/2/ (Hawaii) as we did. You can check with your TA to make sure you can remain in the same room - all our friends did this and it made it so much easier than having to move. Only difference was if for example you were upgrading from inside to balcony on the next leg, but we knew of one couple that had to move 6 cabins down the corridor. We got off the boat pretty early, with the recommendation that if we did want to go ashore, don't come back before 3pm, after the new cruisers had boarded. We were issued with "Transit Passenger" cards, but this did nothing to expediate our embarkation - there were even sign posted areas for this - but for some reason that particular day there was a breakdown between Canadian/USA customs and we were caught up in a backlog of non-english speaking cruisers that had not filled out all of their papers. We got back about 2:45pm and unfortunately it was the only complaint I would have as we were shuffled into a "holding area", where this large group was individually processed ahead of us. We had arrived about 20 minutes before them and with about 20 of us B2B passengers waiting "patiently", they finally realised that we were "Transit Passengers" and hurried us thru. 2 Hours later we finally boarded. Funny enough, our friends who had got off and had a lovely day on Granville Island, came back about 3:30pm ish, and went straight thru. I guess by then they had sorted out the problem. Not a lot of time ashore, but it was good to get off and "get our bearings", as at the end of the Alaskan leg, we spent another 5 days in Vancouver. If you are going to be staying in Vancouver, a tip. If you can manage all of your luggage, (there are no porters to help - so you are on ya own laddie) choose self carry off. We lined up at 7:15am, off Spirit at 740am; in a taxi as quick as our little legs could rush us into one, at our Hotel (Rosedale on Robson) at 7;55am and looking out of our window at 8:05am!!!! Our friends choose to stay and collect their luggage. At 3pm they were still waiting in the foyer of the hotel when we had returned after a day of sightseeing - then spent another hour with us in our hotel room before their room was ready. You have to do what is best for your situation. You will have a wonderful holiday!!!

janette:D

Bella54

We were in th 3:30 group and got right on the ship. We did not get an embarkation picture, that was my only complaint. When we booked this cruise we were supposed to stay in the same room for both, but we had a horrible room and during the Hawaii end, they moved us and then we moved again when we got to Vancouver. It's a long story, but still enjoyed the cruise. We are looking forward to spending 16 days on the Miracle, in the same room.

Going on our first B2B on the Imagination in Dec.

The TA talked to Carnival reps and they put us in the same room.

They told us we had to Disembark off the first one, but we could be the very last people off, but we could turn right around and go back on the ship if we wanted to.

They also said to make sure your steward knows you're doing a B2B.

We are doing B2B Alaska & Hawaii this September. Will let you know how we get on. Will probably have to change cabins as we upgraded to a balcony just for the Alaska leg.

We are planning on having a look at Gastown & Granville Island inbetween cruises.

Cheers

Col & Sue

We are doing B2B Alaska & Hawaii this September. Will let you know how we get on. Will probably have to change cabins as we upgraded to a balcony just for the Alaska leg.

We are planning on having a look at Gastown & Granville Island inbetween cruises.

Cheers

Col & Sue

Loved Granville Island, the market was so great. Wish I had one here.

We didnt even know we were doing a B2b til weeks after we booked it lol.....we booked with a TA here and it was advertised as a 19 day Fire & Ice Cruise. Was advertised as a package deal including airfares. We ended up doing the airfares ourselves and saved quite a bit.

Cheers

Col & Sue

• 3 weeks later...

What is the secret to finding a b2b cruise? I was looking at doing this for next year, hoping to cruise to Hawaii and on from there. My searching has turned up nothing - I find the ideal Vancouver-Honolulu in Sept. 09, but nothing from Honolulu that will coincide with the dates. Any pointers?

Thanks, DreamTeam. We looked at this cruise from Honloulu, and it may be the way to go. Unfortunately, we really dislike Ensenada, as it is such a difficult port to get home from - we have to get to San Diego and fly from there - not pleasant at the border with a baby! I was hoping there might be something going to LA or San Diego, but no such luck!

If you can afford to do it, b2b is a very relaxing way to go. I'm doing it in Oct. But its getting off one carnival ship, and hopping on to the next carnival ship at the same port.:D

I have 2 next year in jan a conventional b2b on the glory same cabin then on may 10th i do a 1 week on the victory then a repo home to ny on the carib princess i also am doing the apr 26 on the splendor 3 cruises in 4 weeks tough job but someone has to do it :)

Thanks, DreamTeam. We looked at this cruise from Honloulu, and it may be the way to go. Unfortunately, we really dislike Ensenada, as it is such a difficult port to get home from - we have to get to San Diego and fly from there - not pleasant at the border with a baby! I was hoping there might be something going to LA or San Diego, but no such luck!
try princess from la and hal from sd

We booked the Honolulu to Vancouver ,then the Glacier Bay R/T Vancouver April 24,'09 /May 6,'09,if you have an interest in that one.

If you can afford to do it, b2b is a very relaxing way to go. I'm doing it in Oct. But its getting off one carnival ship, and hopping on to the next carnival ship at the same port.:D

Us too.... we're going on the Valor on 14th Sept, then getting straight on to the Destiny on the 21st.

As we have a 10 hour drive to Miami, we might as well make the most of it!!!:) :) :)

No problem :)

Hope you find something you are happy with.....we stumbled upon ours and are stoked :D

Col

Archived