Tendering

mcanuck

:rolleyes: I am enquiring about tendering.We are slated for the Grand Caymans in Feb. arriving at noon and departing at 5:30. How long is the tendering process and how much time will we actually have on Grand Cayman? I am thinking of booking an excursion through the cruiseline to ensure we are back on time(RCL).Any suggestions appreciated.

If you are only going to be in port 4 hours, the ship excursion is probably a good investment. You and your group will probably be instructed to meet at a location on the ship (like the theater) and go as a group to the tender. Excursion groups generally go to the head of the line.

Last time in GC the tender ride was maybe 10-15 minutes from ship to dock. If you are only in port the 4 hours there will be a lot of people wanting off as soon as possible.

Most cruise lines hand out tickets for tendering. When they call your ticket number or color or whatever they use, you proceed to the tender area and board the tender.

If you are on a ship sponsored tour you will not need a ticket.

I agree. I think booking through the cruiseline is the best in Grand Cayman. When we went our ship was leaving on the dot because some bad weather was rolling in and did not want us to get caught in it. They had pulled up the anchor and started moving out of the port. Well we started returning to port and could not figure out why. Later we found out that we had to come back because the tender was trying to get to the boat in the choppy water and was having a hard time. It was passengers from a cruiseline shore excursion, so the boat had to return for the passengers. That totally changed my mind about booking with the cruiseline!

Archived