Celebration-Baltics 05 Aug

We are a family with a teenage daughter, that's not new to cruising, nor Thomson Cruises. Up to now we have always opted for "hot" destinations ie the Med or Caribbean. This time we have chosen the Baltics and for some reason, our daughter is not looking forward to it as much as before. Maybe it's the lack of potential sunbathing or too much culture in one trip, but I think the main reason is because she fears there will not be many of her own age on board.

Whilst I do not want to act as a social hostess for an almost 14 year old (heaven forbid!), I would like to reassure her that she will not be the only one of her age-group on the entire ship - so would welcome any feedback from previous Baltics cruisers or those going on the same holiday as us in a few weeks time.

(By the way us parents are really excited especially as we now have the tickets)

Just got back from the same (or similar) cruise and I would tell your teenager not to worry. Whilst the vast majority of the passengers were 'mature' shall we say, there were about a dozen or so kids between 12 and 16. Some of them seemed to mix, otheres kept to themselves.

I would be surprised if she was the only person of her age.

As for the cruise, it was our first one and we loved it. Approach it with a positive attitude and I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. You're right to be excited, hope you have a ball.

:)

Hello we have also got back from the Baltic cruise and I must say that there was not many children on board at all only between 5-6 max and at least 2 of them was under three years old.

But I wouldent be to overly concerned about the weather as we had fab weather and was able to sunbathe quite a few times and also get a suntan :)

Even if there are not many or any children I'm sure your daughter will enjoy herself whilst on board as you can do as much or as little as you want to do.

I hope you have a lovely time and I wish I was going again :)

If you look under the reviews section I have just written a review about our holiday to the Baltics,this may help.

Have fun

Nigel & Rob

Don't forget we're not in the school holiday period yet so the absence of many children in recent weeks may have more to do with them still being in school than a reflection of the 'mix' of adults/children on this itinerary. I'm sure there will be quite a lot more children around in August. Anyway, enjoy - it's a fabulous itinerary and for me, a great ship too. The atmosphere on board is fantastic, standards of hygiene reassuringly high, food great, staff amazing and for us, on all our trips, the entertainment has been first class. Sorry, djmutters that you didn't find it so good and hope that this was just a 'blip' in Thomsons reputation for great entertainment.

We will also be on the Baltic Capitals cruise, departing on 5 August. I have two teenage children – 14 and 17 – who have also been wondering if they will be the youngest onboard. Looks as if their fears will be unfounded!

Archived