Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

"Notice one thing - On Caribe Deck I didn't have room to put the 7 in front of every number. Just add a 7 and you will have the cabin number. All Balconies on Caribe deck are a BB balcony."

Maybe you were referring to just the aft balconies? We have a category BA on Caribe deck - C510. What exactly is the difference between BA and BB categories? This is only our 2nd cruise so still learning.....

"Notice one thing - On Caribe Deck I didn't have room to put the 7 in front of every number. Just add a 7 and you will have the cabin number. All Balconies on Caribe deck are a BB balcony."

Maybe you were referring to just the aft balconies? We have a category BA on Caribe deck - C510. What exactly is the difference between BA and BB categories? This is only our 2nd cruise so still learning.....

From deck to deckbalconies in the same category are generally the same. Having said that there are those sought ofter rooms that are different. An example being a Caribe level BB true aft balcony, which I was lucky enought to get:) The room inside will be the same as the other BB's but the balcony is larger b/c of the position on the ship.

On the caribe level the BB and BA's are the same inside and balocny size too. The big difference is location. The BA's are midship. Some people prefer that b/c midship always has less motion and those rooms are generally closer to the midship elevators. Soooo the only reason to spend more $ on a BA is if you HAVE to have midship. The caribe level in general is GREAT. Balconies are all bigger then other levels of balcony rooms b/c you are positioned over a deck of mini-suites.

I hope I didnt type that to be confusing.

C752 and C753 and B748 and B749 all have the same size/shape of balconies/cabins on Caribbean Princess, Crown, Emerald and Ruby. Any of these 4 cabins are good choices for oversized/corner/aft facing fully covered balconies but standard size interior balcony class cabins.

Does anyone know if the balcony on the cabin has clear (see through) glass or is it a solid wall? Looks like on the older Grand class ships all the balcony cabins on this deck had the solid. Anyone have a pic of the Emerald E731? Thanks

C752 and C753 and B748 and B749 all have the same size/shape of balconies/cabins on Caribbean Princess, Crown, Emerald and Ruby. Any of these 4 cabins are good choices for oversized/corner/aft facing fully covered balconies but standard size interior balcony class cabins.

Thanks, I didn't think I could be happier, but this put "I can't wait" to a new level;)

Great thread FLVOL77.

Allow me to add one I put together of the Crown's stern.

This thread should be a Sticky thread.

SternOfCrown.jpg

Maxx

:cool::cool:

PS. Wife and I are in B749 in a few weeks....I'll be sure to add some pictures later.

We have C753 booked on the Ruby for March 2011. We've had this cabin before on the Crown so know exactly what to expect, which is why we're booking this cabin again!

We have C753 booked on the Ruby for March 2011. We've had this cabin before on the Crown so know exactly what to expect, which is why we're booking this cabin again!

I think we have the flip version on the port side, C752 on the Golden for 12/22/10 and also the sme cabin on the Sapphire, C748 for 12/18/10. Would happpen to have any pictures from your previous cruises? We've heard that this is a coveted cabin but have never actually seen it.. Thanks so much..

Does anyone know if the balcony on the cabin has clear (see through) glass or is it a solid wall? Looks like on the older Grand class ships all the balcony cabins on this deck had the solid. Anyone have a pic of the Emerald E731? Thanks

Here ya go:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2880330370105991883cyysMr

Thanks for pictures of E731. Unfortunately, Princess cancelled our cruise:mad:. Very disappointing but I see this is not the only one. They must be shifting ships around or changing itineraries???

I think we have the flip version on the port side, C752 on the Golden for 12/22/10 and also the sme cabin on the Sapphire, C748 for 12/18/10. Would happpen to have any pictures from your previous cruises? We've heard that this is a coveted cabin but have never actually seen it.. Thanks so much..

The inside of the cabin would be the same as any other balcony cabin; it's the balcony that makes the difference and it's a really sweet one! The other difference is the location of the cabin makes it really private. You go to the end of the ship and then turn left and it's like there's no one else there. You have your own little

"hallway" that leads to your door. You're on the end so only one neighbour (a suite) next to you.

Here's a picture from our balcony.

C753.JPG.74a071982c877b86f2d30e0310bbdca8.JPG

Edited by KAWS

The inside of the cabin would be the same as any other balcony cabin; it's the balcony that makes the difference and it's a really sweet one! The other difference is the location of the cabin makes it really private. You go to the end of the ship and then turn left and it's like there's no one else there. You have your own little

"hallway" that leads to your door. You're on the end so only one neighbour (a suite) next to you.

Here's a picture from our balcony.

Thank you so much.. We are really looking forward to staying in this cabin.:D

thanks for all the great pics on this thread! We were wondering if the larger balconies of cabins c752, and c753 on the CB accomodate reclining chairs that permit you to lay down on your balcony. We were on the Crown(riviera deck) and barely had room for 2 upright chairs and a small table. We are hoping to get more use out of the balcony this time around

So, does C753 on the Grand, have lounger chairs too, or just a table w/ 2 chairs. It would be nice to lay outside on the balcony for a little snooze....

Also, It is on the end, but is the divider between that room and the one next to it, completely private or is it somewhat sheer, as well as only goes up partially to the ceiling. seemed like it was at a curve....hard to tell with some of the pics i have seen, but looked like i could see through. And what exactly is the "private hallway??" okay well thanks!1:o

Yes you can have a lounger chair on that balcony if you can get your room steward to score you one. That sometimes is a problem we've found.

As for the private hall let's see if I can describe it a bit better. When you get to the back of the ship and walk as far as you can go, you turn to the left and C753 is down that little corridor and you'll see the door to your cabin and the cabin next to it (the suite). That's all that there is. The other cabins across the aft you turn to the right to go to them. It just makes it a little more private since 753 is an end unit cabin.

Fully reclining loungers (like at the pools onboard ship) are no longer allowed to be brought onto passenger balconies as they are not up to the fire retardant standards required for passenger cabin areas. So while your C752/C753 balcony is large enough to accommodate a full lounger, no pool loungers are allowed on your balcony. We were advised this by our cabin steward when we asked for a lounger. He also asked that we not bring one down from the pool ourselves as his supervisor would see it and report the infraction.

Fully reclining loungers (like at the pools onboard ship) are no longer allowed to be brought onto passenger balconies as they are not up to the fire retardant standards required for passenger cabin areas. So while your C752/C753 balcony is large enough to accommodate a full lounger, no pool loungers are allowed on your balcony. We were advised this by our cabin steward when we asked for a lounger. He also asked that we not bring one down from the pool ourselves as his supervisor would see it and report the infraction.

But they make an exception for the full suites with teak furniture....

• 1 month later...

First time booking Caribe let alone an Aft cabin.

Kinda excited about it.

:p

I'm hoping it gets sun part of the day. :confused: What's your take on this?

Also, is it too difficult to get a lounger?

Most pictures I have seen are with 4 chairs and a small table. :rolleyes: