Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

I do not think this is the Crown. The Crown has a Riviera deck, and there is not one shown here. I believe this is the Grand.

Nope. Absolutely, 100% the Crown. The Riviera cabins at the stern have the portholes, which you can see in the photo. I just pulled out my photos from when we were on the Crown, and the photo you question is indeed the Crown.

It must be a bit different, then, than the Ruby -- as the Ruby has balconies on the Riviera deck. Thanks for the info.

It is different - the Ruby was introduced after I started this thread, at the time no one thought there would be 2 balconies on each side of the ship Port and Starboard on the Riviera Deck as seen below - other than those 4 balconies everything is the same as on the Crown and the Emerald

107+Aft+Of+Ruby+Princess+And+Carnival+Legend+From+Ferry+11.26.08.JPG

I called Princess today to change my cabin. I decided I wanted to put up with the vent instead of the beam. They asked why I wanted to change, and they then denied there was any obstruction whatsover on the aft balconies on Ruby! I told them I was currently staring at a stern picture of the Ruby (on Webshots), and that I had seen the Crown and Emerald also -- and it was quite apparent that columns or supports of some kind ran down both sides of the ship, and that they intersected some of the balconies. They said that no obstruction of that sort showed up on their plans at all. There were no beams. Well, I know what I saw, and asked for a cabin change, which they complied with.

Hmmm...

flvol

I just wanted to thank you again for taking the time to label the cabins and generate this thread. I agonized over my aft choice for weeks..whether over soot, the sun issue, vent issue or beam issue. we just returned from our cruise and it was fabulous. I am so glad i didn;t opt out of the AFT experience.

Thank you so much for showing 'our' balcony- best picture yet!

We are sailing on the Crown Princess May 17, 2009 - Rome to Venice (Med and Greek Islands).

After months of planning our trip is almost here.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Jean

Hey JDLMED:

I see that you changed cabins to "escape" the dreaded beams. What cabin did you switch to? I'll see if I can take some pictures of that one also.

Let's see - Knock-knock? Who's there? I'd like to take some pictures of your balcony to post on CC! Think that will work?

Anyway, I'll still be posting pictures of B753 so everyone can get a good idea if the beam is an issue or not. I hope it's not.

Really bizzare that Princess has no idea that many of these aft balonies have obstructions. If nothing else, maybe the beams will keep the aft balony prices from going up. We'll see.

Bob

It is different - the Ruby was introduced after I started this thread, at the time no one thought there would be 2 balconies on each side of the ship Port and Starboard on the Riviera Deck as seen below - other than those 4 balconies everything is the same as on the Crown and the Emerald

107+Aft+Of+Ruby+Princess+And+Carnival+Legend+From+Ferry+11.26.08.JPG

Hi flvol77

Your pictures are great! Thanks! However the link to the Ruby above won't work. Is there another link?

I have had this thread on my "favorites" forever, so thank you so much! I referred to it many times before we went on the Diamond this January, and now refer to it for our trip on the Ruby next January. When I'm in a bad mood, I look at this thread, and it makes me suddenly happy to see my cabin and balcony and realize paradise will be here soon!

Anyway, I couldn't tell by any of the pictures of the Ruby where the aft balconies for the Riviera deck are. I have my parents currently booked in B757 and saw that R749 and R750 are now available, which would be closer to our cabin. Any ideas as to which would be better? I think they might like being close to the terrace pool, but wondered if it was noisy, and couldn't figure out exactly where their balcony would be. Any suggestions as whether to change their cabin or not would be great!

I have had this thread on my "favorites" forever, so thank you so much! I referred to it many times before we went on the Diamond this January, and now refer to it for our trip on the Ruby next January. When I'm in a bad mood, I look at this thread, and it makes me suddenly happy to see my cabin and balcony and realize paradise will be here soon!

Anyway, I couldn't tell by any of the pictures of the Ruby where the aft balconies for the Riviera deck are. I have my parents currently booked in B757 and saw that R749 and R750 are now available, which would be closer to our cabin. Any ideas as to which would be better? I think they might like being close to the terrace pool, but wondered if it was noisy, and couldn't figure out exactly where their balcony would be. Any suggestions as whether to change their cabin or not would be great!

I have heard these are nice cabins, but not actually seem them myself. It appears (on the deck plans) that the balconys are considerably smaller than some others, primarily because of their position and curvature of the ship. Have fun!

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your hard work on this. I agree that this post should be made a sticky.

Barbara

Hi Barbara Long time no see.:D I have fond memories of the Emerald and our friends from Conn.

• 2 weeks later...

We had R749 on the Ruby for our 16 day transatlantic cruise and loved it. That cabin had a large enough balcony for us. The problem that we notice was it was next to the terrace pool so there was some privacy issue as other passengers standing next to us could see our balcony,also you can hear chairs moving around above us. Sometimes when they spray clean the terrace pool deck at 4AM you can also hear that. The door that leads out to the terrace pool slams hard shut when the ship is out at sea. The location was great that we could grab a plate of food from the Horizon court and head back to the cabin and eat out on the balcony. I would suggest getting cabins R750 or R751 if you wanting more privacy as far as the balcony is concern.

We had R749 on the Ruby for our 16 day transatlantic cruise and loved it. That cabin had a large enough balcony for us. The problem that we notice was it was next to the terrace pool so there was some privacy issue as other passengers standing next to us could see our balcony,also you can hear chairs moving around above us. Sometimes when they spray clean the terrace pool deck at 4AM you can also hear that. The door that leads out to the terrace pool slams hard shut when the ship is out at sea. The location was great that we could grab a plate of food from the Horizon court and head back to the cabin and eat out on the balcony. I would suggest getting cabins R750 or R751 if you wanting more privacy as far as the balcony is concern.

I'm still dying to see photos of these balconies. Do you (or anyone else ) have any?

I just booked BB E734 for my parents for a med 2010 cruise - I am worried since it is right above club fusion - will noise be an issue? I think both aft balconies were available this far out - should I switch sides - or go up to Riviera, Caribe or Baja deck aft?

Hi,

We just booked yesterday on the Caribbean Princess for May 9, 2010.

Our Travel Consultant did a great job in getting the cabin we wanted, with a great price and OBC.

After looking at the wonderful pic of the CB aft cabins, we were able to get Cat BB, Cabin B749 corner aft.....on Deck 11.:D

This is our first time getting a aft cabin and we're looking forward to cruising on the CB, our first time with Princess.

Happy Cruising,

I am sure someone will post better pictures soon, but until then, here is a picture showing those 'new' balconies on the Riviera deck. As noted earlier, the inboard rooms (R748/749) can be viewed from the Terrace pool deck. R750 and R751 seem to have a bit more privacy.

Click to enlarge, then click on magnifier to enlarge further.

2289777930046641903KUlRgE_th.jpg

I took these pics last week! We stayed in B748, a corner aft balcony room that we really enjoyed, particularly the balcony! It was not as windy, completely enclosed and covered, and perfect to use as an extension of our room.

ruby_b748.jpg.8dde3bfb4aae720a559869d1c2986428.jpg

ruby_b748_2.jpg.4f37c022407e1a55fb98b8e17e81b906.jpg

sunset2.jpg.446a9841c08105ce2ad4834c9dfa7f60.jpg

sunrise.jpg.3c390d3871917345a6888475d791725f.jpg

I started looking at this thread when it was first posted and I have looked at it dozens of times since. We have an aft BB booked for our summer cruise and this thread helped me get exactly what I wanted! Thanks again!