Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

My gosh how wonderful. This must have been a huge undertaking and we sure do appreciate it.

I agree about the "Sticky". Please moderators make this a permanent thread. There is not a week that goes by that this very subject comes up.

marilyn

What you're doing is answering so many questions people have. I hope they make this a sticky. :)

Will you be doing the Diamond and Sapphire, by any chance? If so, will you include C748 and C7753?

Thanks for a job well done!

Tee

What you're doing is answering so many questions people have. I hope they make this a sticky. :)

Will you be doing the Diamond and Sapphire, by any chance? If so, will you include C748 and C7753?

Tee

Its going to take some research. I have never been on either ship so I don't know their layouts. Give me a day or two and I will have it on the board.

Just remember the aft of the Grand Princess is not exactly the same as the aft of the Star or the Golden Princess. The Grand has 2 Grand Suites on the Lido deck and 2 Owner Suites on the Baja Deck. On the Star and the Golden there is just 1 Grand Suite and 1 Owner Suite on the aft of the Baja Deck. They did change that layout of the Star and the Golden.

Let me add my thanks for this very informative and well thought out images and information!! I have photos of the Diamond Stern in my galleries, feel free to use the photo if you decide to take this further.

Moderator: Please make this a sticky!!!!

Needless to say, I have bookmarked the thread :D

Cheers and thanks again, Denise

Tee

Here you go

DiamondPrincessII.jpg?t=1216002174

Just remember the aft of the Grand Princess is not exactly the same as the aft of the Star or the Golden Princess. The Grand has 2 Grand Suites on the Lido deck and 2 Owner Suites on the Baja Deck. On the Star and the Golden there is just 1 Grand Suite and 1 Owner Suite on the aft of the Baja Deck. They did change that layout of the Star and the Golden.

The only difference I was able to see is on the aft only that the Star and Golden has a GS suite, a PS suite and a OS suite and the Grand has two owner suites and two PS suites.

flvol77 ~ thanks so much. What a great job you have done! This is an incredible thread and will be put to good use by so many! From what I've read you can really get a bum deal if you get a beam or vent aft cabin. We have the corner B748 aft on the Emerald Princess for our 12/20. It would have been so easy to make a huge cabin mistake. I could have used your aft pictures back in April when I booked the 12/20.

Denise...those were awesome pictures of your cruises! You are a fantastic photographer!

flvol77 ~ thanks so much. What a great job you have done! This is an incredible thread and will be put to good use by so many! From what I've read you can really get a bum deal if you get a beam or vent aft cabin. We have the corner B748 aft on the Emerald Princess for our 12/20. It would have been so easy to make a huge cabin mistake. I could have used your aft pictures back in April when I booked the 12/20.

Denise...those were awesome pictures of your cruises! You are a fantastic photographer!

B748 is a great cabin. I have seen the cabin on the CB and it has a great balcony. You are going to LOVE it.

I'm currently booked in R411 on the CB. Do you think I'd be happier in C750 or C751?

Is the room size the same? Balcony extended? Quieter location?

R411 is mid ship

C750 and C751 are aft balconies and their is NOTHING better than the sound of the wake and to wake up and see the wake behind you. Research it, If you like to take naps during the day and relax in your cabin and enjoy your balcony you may hear some noise in r411 from the pool deck. If I had my choice I would always have an aft balcony.

Remember there will be less movement in R411 - When we had VS E732 we felt the movement, it didn't bug us at all.

That's why I am torn. The balcony looks better aft, but we were 1 cabin away from aft on our last cruise and the vibrations really bothered me one day. However I wonder if I would enjoy the balcony more aft.

Which would I not like more, the noise in R411 or the movement in the back. That's what I have to decide. sigh. Such problems I have lol.

That's why I am torn. The balcony looks better aft, but we were 1 cabin away from aft on our last cruise and the vibrations really bothered me one day. However I wonder if I would enjoy the balcony more aft.

Which would I not like more, the noise in R411 or the movement in the back. That's what I have to decide. sigh. Such problems I have lol.

Either way I am sure you will have an awesome cabin.

One thing to look at is the weather. I don't know anything about when you are going but sometimes in the year the water is more rough.

I think with the CB, if you are in the aft you are going to feel some movement. Just know its going to happen and if you can handle it then go for it.

What is interesting the weather during hurricane season for us has always been smooth as glass, Nov and Jan can we rough out of FL when the cold fronts come through and kick up the seas. One thing also, I truly believe that the Club on top the CB makes the ship rock more than other ships. We have been forward on our last two cruises on Carnival and RCCL and we didn't move around anywhere near as much as we did on our last CB cruise.

I found them great! But, how different will it be on the Sapphire? Have only sailed on Princess once, the Crown. Thanks, I really enjoyed your pictures!

Check out post number 33 it has the Diamond sister to the Sapphire.

Post number 23 is the Grand sister to the Star and Golden - Only difference is that the Star and Golden have the GS on the top aft deck along with a PS Suite and a OS, while the Grand has two OS suites and two PS suites.

Post number 25 has the Caribbean Princess. That should cover all the Grand Class of ships.

Next project is to find beam photos of the Grand, Star, Golden, Diamond, and Sapphire.

Thanks for a great post flvol77

The space in the middle of the stern at the back of Emerald Deck apears to be vents based on the attached photo of the Crown. You do not have it marked that way on your pic. What do you think it is?

DSC_5210-2.jpg.4d90d13510b130a5ec6d44efbdaa728b.jpg

That helps a lot Flvol77. Thanks!

Windango,

I love your kitty!:D

Also, OP, thank you for this wonderful reference. We've had VS D737 and VSE732 before, and your photos show how

very different the decks are on E deck compared to D deck which has deeper decks. Although we had noticed this before,

the size difference is quite significant compared to what we remembered.