Docking in Gdansk, and Helsinki???

maryllb

I looked Helsinki up yesterday. We are at the Olympia ferry dock, E01, in the South Terminal. It doesn't look super-convenient to the sights or the open market, but it's better than where the Constellation docks!

Here's a PDF of the Helsinki port map:

http://www.portofhelsinki.fi/content/pdf/julkaisut/handbook_kartat08/Kartta_etela_hb08.pdf?from=1169412031396075

Which trip are you on? This week's?

Jana

I just found Gdansk info too. I knew that we would be in Gdansk itself rather than in Gdynia like most of the other ships. It looks like we will be at Oliwskie Quay in the port of Gdansk, along with Seven Seas Voyager for the first four hours on my trip next week.

Here's a port map, Oliwskie Quay is number 6.

http://www.portgdansk.pl/about-port/port-map

Jana

The port at Helsinki is walkable to the Market Square. The port is somewhat scenic. We felt it was our least favorite of the Baltic Ports. Not much to do or see, actually. In Gdansk, it's a bit off the beaten path. We had a great private guide there a few weeks ago. We were really surprised how nice Gdansk was - very picturesque. Go to Sopat if you can. We had a great day there. Have fun!

In Helsinki we saw the Sibelius monument, the Olympic stadium, the Rock Church, visited the market around the port, the town square and took a boat trip out to Suomeninna fortress which is a UNESCO site. It was a good day.

:)

In Helsinki we saw the Sibelius monument, the Olympic stadium, the Rock Church, visited the market around the port, the town square and took a boat trip out to Suomeninna fortress which is a UNESCO site. It was a good day.

We saw just about the same things last summer. It was about 10 or 15 miniutes to walk into town. Also took the HO/HO bus. A teriffic day for us.

Archived