Cost of Children on Excursions

gagirl789

I have been on several NCL cruises and loved each one! We are going on a cruise with several other ppl so we are considering taking a Carnival cruise. One of the benefits is that on certain excursions children under 3 are free (if a child does not take up a seat and on beach excursions the child is free) per the Carnival website. We are mainly interested in doing beach excursions. Does anyone have any experience taking a child under 3 to one of these on NCL? Were they free or reduce price possibly? We were very surprised to see that certain excursions were free for the wee ones! I am also going to post on the family board.

Thanks!

There are always adjustments for children: free, I don't know. My guess is there probably are some that charge almost nothing if the kids do not take up a seat and no food is involved.

I am sure you are aware NCl does not charge period for kids under 2, but I don't know what age you are thinking of. If a child is over 2, I can't imagine her/him being content to sit on someone's lap. If just doing a beach excursion is your thing, Salty Dingo has the right idea. We rarely use the cruise tours period. The exception: when timing is important like a 6 hour tour when we are in port only 7 or so hours.

Nita

I have a price list dated 10/16/07 & it says the child prices are for ages 2-12 & to consult the ship's Shore Excursion Desk regarding children under the age of 2. You could try calling the shore excursion dept. at NCL: 866-625-1167.

Archived