Holiday to Ibero Cruceros?

NOBODY PANIC!!!! :)

IF (and it is a really big IF) this scenerio takes place... it would probably be a simple (well maybe not simple) matter of moving your "cabin" from the Fantasy to the Triumph!!!

I also have predicted some kind of "shuffle" every since I knew the Splendor was going to California in March 2009.

Time will tell.

NOBODY PANIC!!!! :)

IF (and it is a really big IF) this scenerio takes place... it would probably be a simple (well maybe not simple) matter of moving your "cabin" from the Fantasy to the Triumph!!!

I also have predicted some kind of "shuffle" every since I knew the Splendor was going to California in March 2009.

Time will tell.

Hmm Im wondering if it would be that simple. Fantasy is doing a 4/5 run leaving twice a week. Im assuming Triumph would be doing a 7 day run at a much higher rate.

I would think people would have their bookings canceled at some point and maybe given a favorable rate/OBC/no additional fuel charge to rebook Triumph.

Again its all speculation, but Im not sure how they could just "move a cabin from Fantasy to Triumph"

Guess we will have to stay tuned.

Yes, it is official. Carnival Triumph is coming to New Orleans "early 2009." Dates haven't been set, and my PVP wasn't sure if it was going to be offering 4/5 day or 7 day cruises yet. But the rumor about Carnival Triumph coming to NO is true (unless, of course, Carnival changes their mind).

Yes, it is official. Carnival Triumph is coming to New Orleans "early 2009." Dates haven't been set, and my PVP wasn't sure if it was going to be offering 4/5 day or 7 day cruises yet. But the rumor about Carnival Triumph coming to NO is true (unless, of course, Carnival changes their mind).

Well its not official until Triumph actually arrives in NO. Carnival made announcements and even had dates, then decided not to bring Triumph to NO a couple of years ago.

Lets hope this time is for real

Why?

Because of all the promotions, advertising, and website changes that will have to be done.

Now here is a thought, because of the Jones Act, they cannot sail the ship straight to Mobile unless it is empty which will throw off the schedule. So it will have to go to Cozumel. Will they offer bus/train service back to New Orleans from Mobile or will you be on your own?

Dave

When the Holiday first repositioned to Mobile from New Orleans, she did so without passengers. She also spent a couple of days in port for the cruise terminal dedication, as well as TA tours of the ship, etc. Having said all of that, I am not convinced that the Fantasy will leave New Orleans. I do believe however, that the Triumph will reposition there and resume a 7 day itinerary. The Fantasy seems to be doing well on her 4/5 day itineraries from the Big Easy so why move her? Likewise, I don't believe that Carnival will reposition the Sensation from Port Canaveral since that would leave that port without a Carnival presence doing short itineraries. Given that the Glory is moving to Miami, essentially to replace the Triumph, and given that the Splendor is going to the west coast year round, I lean toward believing that the Paradise or the Elation would be a likely candidate for the Mobile cruise port.

:D I hope they leave the Fantasy for 4/5 days cruise and bring another ship for 7 days in New Orleans, then bring something to Mobile. That would give me 3 ships to pick from and I can drive to either port. Be glad when it is official. So I can make plans for a cruise.:D

:D I hope they leave the Fantasy for 4/5 days cruise and bring another ship for 7 days in New Orleans, then bring something to Mobile. That would give me 3 ships to pick from and I can drive to either port. Be glad when it is official. So I can make plans for a cruise.:D

That sounds good.

All I want for Mobile is a Fantasy class ship that has had all the upgrades. I don't care which ship it is LOL. If I get my wish, it's going to be really hard for me to cruise out of South Florida for a long time because fantasy class is my favorite and I can drive to Mobile in 40 min. :D

This news makes me nervous, as we are planning to book the Fantasy for Jan 10th 2009. I'd hate to deal with changing hotel plans and/or paying more for another ship. I wouldn't mind a 7-day out of Mobile or NO, though, as they are both an easy drive :)

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to talk to my PVP!

Because of all the promotions, advertising, and website changes that will have to be done.

Now here is a thought, because of the Jones Act, they cannot sail the ship straight to Mobile unless it is empty which will throw off the schedule. So it will have to go to Cozumel. Will they offer bus/train service back to New Orleans from Mobile or will you be on your own?

Dave

The Inspiration will return to Miami and drop off its passengers. It will then leave from Miami and arrive in Jacksonville that night, and leave the next morning with its passengers on its first cruise.

Consider this scenario...

Fantasy leaves out from New Orleans on Feb. 7, and returns to NOLA on Feb. 12, then cruises to Mobile and picks up the Holiday 5 day cruise scheduled to leave on Feb. 14.

The Holiday arrives on Feb. 14, drops off its passengers, and the Fantasy then moves into the berth.

And, a similar schedule would bring the Triumph, or whatever ship into NOLA.

The Inspiration will return to Miami and drop off its passengers. It will then leave from Miami and arrive in Jacksonville that night, and leave the next morning with its passengers on its first cruise.

Very interesting.... Inspiration cruises out of Tampa, not Miami. I thought Fascination was moving from Miami to Jacksonville. :confused:

Very interesting.... Inspiration cruises out of Tampa, not Miami. I thought Fascination was moving from Miami to Jacksonville. :confused:

You are correct. The Fascination is going to Jacksonville to replace the Celebration.

Ships "dead head" whenever it is necessary.

When the Victory finished its last 7 day Canadian run (we were on it)...it dead headed to Norfolk.

The crew had a BLOW OUT party the day it sailed from New York to Norfolk...no passengers onboard!!!

It did a couple of runs from Norfolk then went into drydock.

You are correct. The Fascination is going to Jacksonville to replace the Celebration.

Very correct, it is the Fascination...and I will be on her in Feb...

but my point is still correct...

all these "ation" ships are so confusing...

and just think, if and when this happens...

and the Holiday is gone...

now all those "Big ship only cruisers" will start talking about how the Fantasy Class ships are too old and small.

and just think, if and when this happens...

and the Holiday is gone...

now all those "Big ship only cruisers" will start talking about how the Fantasy Class ships are too old and small.

And if you consider that the current USS Enterprise first sailed in 1962, then the Holiday is still a baby.

Hmmm, I just learned that the Destiny is being repositioned to Miami and will begin 4 and 5 day cruises from there beginning 9/27/08. Now would that not free up the Imagination?

I thought the Destiny was taking over the Victory run and vice versa.

Aren't they just changing places???

All of this is just too confusing for my brain!! I will do like others and just wait and see what happens. Carnival can change it's decision at any time and has in the past. You really don't know which ship will go to what port until that ship docks in that port.

All of this is just too confusing for my brain!! I will do like others and just wait and see what happens. Carnival can change it's decision at any time and has in the past. You really don't know which ship will go to what port until that ship docks in that port.

As long as I am on "something that floats"... I am good to go!!! :D

Archived