Advice Needed: Final Payment

Hello All,

I am a first time cruiser and booked with a TA. My final payment is due July 22.

My husband was supposed to receive a bonus this week, which would've been our final payment.

However, he called (when it didn't arrive) and was notified it may not arrive until Monday (21), but could be as late as the 25th.

What happens if we do not make our final payment on time? Is it possible for our TA to extend our deadline 3 days?

Any and all advice is welcome!

PS-We do have insurance, but I'm not sure if it covers this situation...

Thanks!

Hello All,

I am a first time cruiser and booked with a TA. My final payment is due July 22.

My husband was supposed to receive a bonus this week, which would've been our final payment.

However, he called (when it didn't arrive) and was notified it may not arrive until Monday (21), but could be as late as the 25th.

What happens if we do not make our final payment on time? Is it possible for our TA to extend our deadline 3 days?

Thanks!

If you are cetain the bonus check is coming next week sometime, couldn't you just pay the balance with a credit card and then apply the bonus check to the credit card?

Hello All,

Thanks!

Just call your TA and let them know. Many actually have an earlier final payment date that what Carnival requires. They do it just for this reason or if they are waiting for a check to clear.

As long as you keep all parties in the loop you shouldnt have any problems.

Hello All,

Thanks!

Usually, the cruise line will give you another week...not always but sometimes. Have your TA call and ask for a 7-day extension.

Make sure you make payment before then or you will risk having the cruise cancelled.

Just call your TA and let them know. Many actually have an earlier final payment date that what Carnival requires. They do it just for this reason or if they are waiting for a check to clear.

As long as you keep all parties in the loop you shouldnt have any problems.

As a TA, normally the cruiselines have granted extensions...as Liberty said, just let your TA know, and there really shouldn't be a problem....Good Luck!

I can't speak for TA's, as we book directly with Carnival.

There have been a couple of occasions where I did not make the final payment on time (failed to place a reminder on my calendar). About one week later I received a FAX and phone call. I made the payment, no issues (or penalty).

Tom

This happened to me but I booked through Carnival directly. I didn't plan my budget very well and didn't want to put more charges on my credit card so I called and asked for a week extension. Carnival said they couldn't do it but if I didn't pay the balance they would contact me in about a week to 10 days to remind me before they would cancel anything.

Hello All,

Thanks!

You'd have to review your policy, but if your cruise was canceled by the cruise line due to failure to make final payment on time, I doubt many policies would cover that...

Archived