Ok so what do you watch?

Sauceress

On our Liberty trip this past June, we took the dvd that we bought from our dolphin excursion in Cozumel and watched it as well as the home video we had shot so far that we took on our dvd camcorder. We didn't watch all of the home video, who had time, we were out having fun:D, however, we did take time to watch certain things we wanted to make sure that we had captured.

Got upgraded to a cat 11 and had a question. Just what do you watch on the vcr in the room.

Thanks

Dee

Nothing at all. I don't cruise to watch TV. The only time the TV is on is the ship's channel for announcements or to check my account.

I can watch videos and TV at home. I'd rather be on the balcony watching the sea.

I can only think of one use for the VCR/DVD players . . . helping young children to go to sleep at night. :rolleyes:

As another poster stated, I only use the TV to check account and look at the agenda for the coming day. :)

I can only think of one use for the VCR/DVD players . . . helping young children to go to sleep at night. :rolleyes:

As another poster stated, I only use the TV to check account and look at the agenda for the coming day. :)

same here.

Like I said earlier, we were out having fun, but being as how we were still in port in Cozumel, I decided it was a good idea to check out our dvd that we purchased from Dolphin Discovery to make sure it was our video, and not a blank one like so many others here have had happen to them with other places in port. ;) I have not read that there's been a problem with the ones from Dolphin Discovery, but I have read where there were problems with videos from other excursions, and thought it to be a good idea to check it out and make sure. If something had been wrong with the video, I could have gotten back off of the ship being as how we were in port until 10 p.m. and taken it back to get things straightened out. Luckily, there were no problems with it, and I was glad I checked. Other than that, I agree with all the other posters, we can watch t.v./dvd's at home. We were on a cruise, time for t.v. later at home.:)

Now if you work at home like DH and I do, going on a cruise very well may be a situation where you do not leave your cabin, especially if you get a suite. We had the aft wrap last year on the Miracle and the poor cabin steward was never allowed in! The Miracle still only had VCR's but I had brought my portable DVR and watch back to back episodes of Nip/Tuck! We would just hibernate in there, crawl out on the hugh balcony, then call room service! When I am at home, it is too easy to find something else to do.

So yes, there are some of us that watch the TV on vacation, and for us, that is a vacation!

By the way, anyone else watch Nip/Tuck. It is some of the best writing on TV?

Archived