24 hour cafe

Last night I was asked which cruise line I favored. After thinking about it, I explained I like RCCL because I loved the 24 hour cafe, among many other reasons. Then I realized these are on the ships with the inside promenade. My question to those who have sailed on other RCCL ships (without the inside promenade), do they have these lovely cafes, or places to get food any time of the day or night? I am a diabetic & must eat small amounts of food every 2 to 2 1/2 hours. On other ships I just stash foods from the breakfast buffet, but those little cafes really fill the bill.

Ary, no charge at all. They have 3 or 4 choices of freshly made cookies & usually some kind of pastries. Also some pizza. Then they have coffee, tea bags & instant cocoa. It has been a couple of years since we sailed on one of these type, but that is what comes to mind immediately. And they have small tables & chairs inside & then out in the promenade, so you can enjoy viewing the walkers as they go by. We really enjoyed it.

Ary, no charge at all. They have 3 or 4 choices of freshly made cookies & usually some kind of pastries. Also some pizza. Then they have coffee, tea bags & instant cocoa. It has been a couple of years since we sailed on one of these type, but that is what comes to mind immediately. And they have small tables & chairs inside & then out in the promenade, so you can enjoy viewing the walkers as they go by. We really enjoyed it.

This sounds like a great spot to grab a snack!

Is this the only place to get pizza on RCCL? Carnival's 24 hour pizza was something we always took advantage of late at night. Is the pizza always available at the 24 hour cafe?

I think I also read somewhere that drinks like juice, lemonade, ice tea, etc. were not always available like on Carnival...only during the hours that the buffet was open...true?

Last question...how is the coffee at the 24 hour cafe?

This sounds like a great spot to grab a snack!

Is this the only place to get pizza on RCCL? Carnival's 24 hour pizza was something we always took advantage of late at night. Is the pizza always available at the 24 hour cafe?

It is the only place for pizza on the ships that have a cafe (may be available for roomservice, too). I believe that the pizza is available 24 hours. Neither are great, IMO, but I much prefer Carnival's pizza.

I think I also read somewhere that drinks like juice, lemonade, ice tea, etc. were not always available like on Carnival...only during the hours that the buffet was open...true?

True as far as I know. There are not juice/tea dispensers around the buffet like on Carnival, so if the beverage stations are not staffed, then you usually cannot get a drink.

Archived