What to Wear at Night?

akwaaba

This isn't a formal/informal or how dressy question; I'm asking about the type of clothing fabric that's usually worn at night

I'm with a group whose sailing to Alaska August 23; we were just chating and realized everyone was wearing different types of clothing aboard ship. One person was dressing in fall/winter clothing, another in (nice) capris or chop pants (more spring/summer).

What type of fabric do folks usually wear, what do women usually have on their feet; assume that we're not going to be on deck at night?

Thanks

Sheila

This isn't a formal/informal or how dressy question; I'm asking about the type of clothing fabric that's usually worn at night

I'm with a group whose sailing to Alaska August 23; we were just chating and realized everyone was wearing different types of clothing aboard ship. One person was dressing in fall/winter clothing, another in (nice) capris or chop pants (more spring/summer).

What type of fabric do folks usually wear, what do women usually have on their feet; assume that we're not going to be on deck at night?

Thanks

Sheila[/q

OK...no discussion about what to wear style-wise...don't want to get involved in a whole to-do. But I made the big mistake of not bringing a layer with me one night to dinner. As we were leaving, there was a great deal of excitement around one of the doors to the outside deck. I went out to see what was going on. There were (many) whales right to the port side of the ship, almost swimming with us. Unfortunately, I was in a light-weight top with nothing to put over, and it was quite chilly out on deck.(I had my camera too). So, here was an opportunity to see something great on our cruise, and I missed it because I didn't have a sweater or shawl (warm, wool) to throw over my shoulders. Although the ship is temperature controlled (probably at the mid 70s range), bring at least one layer to dinner too!

I would lean more toward the fall/winter clothes. Remember you are probably going to be dealing with temperatures in the high 40's to high 50's (if the current weather trend continues) so even though it is August it will probably feel more like the fall season.

strange i wore black pants with a short sleeve top every night but formal night. i wore summer weight for formal night. my ship was warm. I did carry a shawl some nights but never had one on.

Archived