St. John beaches through RCCL excursion

We will be visiting St. Thomas in the fall on the Adventure of the Seas and would like to get peoples input on the excursions RCCL offers. We have been to St. Thomas many times and never been over to St. John. We are not swimmers or snorkle, but would like to go see the water and beaches as I have heard they are beautiful. We would like to stick to the ships tours. Any suggestions is most appreciated.

We've done the Royal Caribbean excursion over to Trunk Bay and it's not a bad way to go. You catch the boat over to St. John right there at the ship. Then you ride over to Trunk Bay in an open air taxi. Scenic drive. You're at the beach probably an hour and a half and then you head back. The good thing is you don't have to arrange anything yourself and worry about missing the ferry, etc. or get yourself over to Red Hook. The downside is that you don't have a very long time at the beach. Trunk Bay is beautiful.

Hi Love to sail,

We just did this RCCL excursion on our AOS cruise on July 6th. We enjoyed the ease of going right from the dock and the boat ride over was enjoyable too. Nice way to stay cool. It was a beautiful day. If you stayed outside you got wet! If you came inside their was air conditioning. A guy sold water and soda for $1.00. a good deal! We enjoyed the open air ride to Trunk Bay. We thought it was BEAUTIFUL. My husband is a snorkeler and I tried too. We did not see that much sea life, but it was a spectacular, shady spot. crystal clear blue water etc.... Nice changing facilities and showers. A small gift shop and food place.

We had met another couple on our Meet and Mingle who did it on their own and had no trouble, but I was leary of catching the ferry on time..... SO no stress and a lovely day...

ENJOY> Be glad to answer any other port questions too..

Sue (Wish I was back):rolleyes:

I'm thinking of taking this tour as well. On Mariner, the tour begins at 1 pm, giving us some shopping time in St. Thomas before and after. The transfers of cab to ferry to cab.....just seem like more than we want to deal with. We've never been to USVI before, so a little bit of everything will work out nicely. We rarely stay on any beach for too long anyway. I'm just hoping that it's true the stores will remain open past 5pm.

If only the St. John tour would let you stop off at Duffy's Love Shack before hopping the ferry !?

Do you know what the name of the excursion was? are there different times or just one time slot? How big of a boat on the ride over to St. John? Where does the boat dock on St. John? Are there beach chairs at Trunk Bay or do we sit on our beach towels? We would like to stick to the ship excursion even if it is more spendy than doing it on our own, that way it is all organized and we have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for all of the information.

Archived