Looking for info on Kidszone on Spirit

We are leaving in three days for a cruise on the Spirit Ship. I am looking for some information on the Kidszone area. We have three kids, ages 10,14 and 16. What types of activities will they find? Thanks! :confused:

Cruised on Spirit a few times- not with kids - but the kids onboard seem to have a great time in Kidszone- they do the usual fun and games and seemed to keep kids happy and occupied- never heard anyone complaining -should it must be ok

We are leaving in three days for a cruise on the Spirit Ship. I am looking for some information on the Kidszone area. We have three kids, ages 10,14 and 16. What types of activities will they find? Thanks! :confused:

I also can't comment on the Kidszone but I would have thought that at your childrens ages they'd be enjoying the swimming pool and being outdoors ?

Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the cruise yesterday. Fabulous! We were incredibly impressed with the Thomson Spirit staff, and the Kidzone staff were no exception.

For our daughter (age 10), Kidzone provided an opportunity to meet and connect with other kids her age. It's tough to be outside in the sun all day everyday, so Kidzone gave her an opportunity to do some age-appropriate activities. They had kids-only parties including a chocolate night where they could eat all the chocolate they wanted, a movie night, and another where they went to dinner as a group and then had front row seats to at the Broadway show lounge for the evening's show. They also did the usual kid things like making crafts, etc. She didn't go to every session, but she did enjoy herself. Her only complaint was that some of the better activities were held during the afternoons when we were ashore. But then seeing Monaco, Florence, and Rome at age 10 certainly isn't to be missed, either!

Security is excellent. You have to sign your child in and out, and you have to tell the staff where you will be on the ship in case some problems arise.

We thought Kidzone was a great way for a youngster to feel more comfortable in an environment that often is geared to adults.

Our teens (16 and 14) were well above Kidzone age, so they met the teen coordinator at the designated (and unsupervised) teen area called Graffiti's. After the initial meeting, the teens just did what they do naturally--hang out together constantly until all hours of the night. They did go to dinner together with other teens at the Compass Rose dining room most nights, since they seemed to enjoy being able to do adult activities without having to tag along with their parents.

So pleased to hear you had such a good time and especially that your children enjoyed their cruise so much. It's always good to get some feed-back after posters come back from their travels and I'm sure your comments will reassure others who are wondering whether such a trip will be suitable for their family too.

Archived