Paradise tram is a waste of $15 pp

tamariadawn

We went on the tram in early October. The ride lasts only about 5-10 minutes maximum each way. Sure, the view was nice at the top but not worth this much pp. I think I should have saved our $30 total and bought more booze at AH Rise stores (dirt cheap booze).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip! It was $16 pp when we were there a week ago and we decided not to do it. I'm glad to hear we didn't miss much of anything!

I did notice, however, that the ride is FREE on non-ship days (or after they've left, something like that).

We are currently vacationing in St Thomas for 10 days. We'd been to the island 3 other times via cruise and decided to come back and stay. During our other visits we had thought about taking the tram, but didn't want to spend the $16/pp. When we arrived last week found out Wed from 5-9 it is free. Grabbed the chance and definitely glad we did not pay! It was really beautiful particularly at night, but not for $32! Once you get to the top there was only a bar/restaurant and a couple of shops that are no different than what you find in Havensight mall.

If you happen to be in port after 5 pm I'd say definitely do it. Otherwise, skip it!

Well, we did it and enjoyed it. I did it with my 77 year old mom on our last sail on the Grandeur this past June. We had been there done it before in St. Thomas so this was perfect, and possible for my mom. The ride to the top was cool. It was a great spot for picture taking and nice cool breezes. The bird show was cute and the drinks and food were good and priced the same as anywhere else. They had a few shops with some really nice things and you could bargin. To sum it up... I would say, a really nice relaxing day.....

Archived