Receiving e-mails onboard

Ericktina

I don't think they deliver it to you. You'll need to retrieve it in the internet cafe. Also, while the idea of getting mail to your "shipmail" account is kind of fun, it's also kind of expensive. In addition to the internet fees (you can either pay by minute or buy a package), there is an additional charge to set up and use that shipmail account. You're much better off to set up a free Yahoo or gmail account (if you don't already have one) and just pay for the internet time to access that account.

I think the fee for setting up your shipmail account was around $4, and then each email carried an additional charge -- on top of the internet charges. That, however, was almost 5 years ago on the Sea and the pricing could have changed since then.

If you pay the per minute feee (75 cents), then you can access the internet just like at home (only very slow connection). You can then navigate to any site you want....except those "BAD" sites that NCL has blocked. So...yes, you can access your account on AOL, etc.

Happy Cruising!!! :D

if you have a email service that you can access from any computer, then...yes, you can use that on the ship. any web-based email service will work...just remember your pass word. (so many people have it automatic on their computer, they don't remember it:eek: )

if you have a email service that you can access from any computer, then...yes, you can use that on the ship. any web-based email service will work...just remember your pass word. (so many people have it automatic on their computer, they don't remember it:eek: )

Thank you! You are always so knowledgeable!

Remember ... S-L-O-W is the optimum word on onboard internet service! Be prepared to spend plenty of $$'s just to check your email. There really is no such thing as just doing a quick online check!!

Remember ... S-L-O-W is the optimum word on onboard internet service! Be prepared to spend plenty of $$'s just to check your email. There really is no such thing as just doing a quick online check!!

DITTO! When I was posting my review and other comments live from the Sky the connection was soooo slooow. I think I spent somewhere between $25-$30 on internet charges and I wasn't online for more than 1 hour maximum the whole cruise. :eek:

Archived