Radiance Aft Cabins 1102 1104 1604 ?

i am curious... as hard as aft cabins are to get sometimes, i often see deck 10 aft D1 cabins available on radiance class ships (cabin 1102,1104,1604):confused:

is there anything undesireable about these cabins? can anyone that has sailed in one give me their opinions and or pictures:)

thanks in advance

dave

I think some people are afraid that there will be noise from the Windjammer. There is an outdoor eating area on the aft of the ship. From the reports I've read (because I have 1100 booked on a couple of cruises), there's not really any noise from up above.

i am curious... as hard as aft cabins are to get sometimes, i often see deck 10 aft D1 cabins available on radiance class ships (cabin 1102,1104,1604):confused:

is there anything undesireable about these cabins? can anyone that has sailed in one give me their opinions and or pictures:)

thanks in advance

dave

Here's a picture of the aft cabins. The only thing that might be annoying to some is that they are right below the WJ outdoor seating area..........and when people look over from above they can see part of the balconies. Otherwise.............these cabins are primo.

These are your typical D1 cabins.................but with wonderful long balconies.

Radiancestern.jpg

thanks vicki, i never see 1100 available , so i wasnt thinking that there was a noise from above issue,but you never know;)

they look like great cabins to me,but i am hoping for some pictures

dave

thank you as well, patti

i thought they looked like nice deep balconies:) and who wouldnt love that, which is why i am surprised to see them available so often

oh well,i think i will plan on one of those,because i am dying to try a radiance ship:cool:

dave

thanks vicki, i never see 1100 available , so i wasnt thinking that there was a noise from above issue,but you never know;)

they look like great cabins to me,but i am hoping for some pictures

dave

We were lucky enough to get 1100 for Alaska next year! I have some pictures of 1100 and of 9258(from our cruise in '06) in the link in my signature.

Ron

Yes, we have had 1104 and have 1102 booked, these rooms are great. Did not notice and noise from the WJ. I have been in 1104, 1102, 1604 and JS 1602 as we had a group who had all of these rooms when we were on the Jewel, they are all great.

• 2 weeks later...

All,

If you had your choice between a JS 1042 or D1 1604 which would you choose. It seems to me the comparison is

JS 1042 - Extra Service, but does this really matter?

JS 1042 - Larger cabin space

JS 1042 - Smaller balcony, with a full side view

D1 1604 - Normal Oceanview cabin, same service as all of the decks

D1 1604 - Smaller cabin space

D1 1604 - Larger Balcony, is it really that large. The diagram makes it look large, but the pic above doesn't look like it is all that much larger.

Any thoughts?

The Junior Suites don't get any extra services - just more space and a bathtub. You tip at the same levels as you do for the rest of the cabins. The Grand Suites and above are the ones with Concierge Club access with higher tips suggested.

1604 isn't really any wider than a normal D1 balcony, but it is much deeper. You do have a lot more balcony space than you would with the JS you mention.

I'm a dedicated wake watcher, so there's no contest for me. I'd go with 1604 even if there's less room in the cabin. It's so peaceful.

We love the aft. Last year we did 4 cruises on the Radiance, 3 times we stayed in 1602 and once a mid ship cabin to see if we'd like it. We prefer the aft with the larger balconies. Never have been really bothered by noise. We have aslo stayed a few times in cabin 1100 on the Jewel & Brilliance and love it as well. In fact we have 1100 for Jan's cruise on the Jewel. We have also stayed on deck 9, cabin 9258 on the Brillinace. We have sailied on the Freedom & Liberty twice we had cabin 1102. In March we are doing a b2b in cabin 1700 on the Independence. As you can see we are aft lovers. Try it once and you'll be hooked!

thanks in advance

dave

Dave, I do not have any pictures, but OUR cabin, is 1104 always.......

We love the cabin, we are going to have the same cabin in Nov 1, on the Brilliance. It was our cabin on our last few cruises on the Brilliance to Panama (12 completed cruises on the Brilliance, 37 with RC) and we had the some on the Radiance to Hawaii, and it was the BEST cabin in the whole ship. You do not need to search for a spot on the ship, you'll have the best spot: relax, have a coffee, have a drink and enjoy the view.

I'll have some pictures after Nov and I hope you do not need them before that.

Have a good one,

Franca

something,

cruisingduo, good thing we are not on the same schedule. We have 1700 on the Indy for our 2/7/09 cruise and 1100 on the Jewel for 9/14/09.

Hi Vicki, Franca here, you are so lucky to have 1700. I booked late, so all the aft cabins were gone, we are in 9314. We'll see there.......

We love our 1104 on the Radiance ships, and NO MUCH NOISE,

Franca

well it sounds pretty unanomous(sp?) , I MUST sail in one;)

great info folks:D

dave

this is 9260 which is the exact same as 1104, huge balcony about 10 x 14. We had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table.

IMG_1108.jpg

Thanks everyone. We dropped out JS cabin and went ahead and moved to 1604. We've never been aft and the large balcony for Alaska was too good to pass up. Plus we saved over $1100 dropping down to a D1.

Can't wait until next July!!!

this is 9260 which is the exact same as 1104, huge balcony about 10 x 14. We had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table.

IMG_1108.jpg

We stayed in 1604 on our last Panama Canal transit and loved it. My only complaint was that we didn't have the nice lounge chairs as shown in the picture. We only had the two regular chairs but asked our cabin steward if he could get us lounge chairs. He said he wasn't supposed to but he would see what he could do. He came up with two but they weren't very nice ones. They were the ones with the vinyl straps and looked pretty old.

We stayed in 1604 on our last Panama Canal transit and loved it. My only complaint was that we didn't have the nice lounge chairs as shown in the picture. We only had the two regular chairs but asked our cabin steward if he could get us lounge chairs. He said he wasn't supposed to but he would see what he could do. He came up with two but they weren't very nice ones. They were the ones with the vinyl straps and looked pretty old.

I had a question about the amount of open air or coverage from the overhead that existed in 1604. It looks from the aft picture on this thread that 1604 has less then the one below it, but pictures can be deceptive.

I really like the chairs in these pictures. Are they are a recent change, do they change them out for the different areas, i.e. go to plastic in Alaska, but have the nice canvas chairs in the caribean or pacific?

I don't recall exactly how much coverage there was on the balcony. I know there was some. It was very warm during the canal transit and I remember trying to find as much shade as possible and sometimes it was hard to come by depending on the time of day. I don't think that would be an issue in Alaska. You will probably welcome the sun.

I'm not sure about the chairs. I know we had the nice ones on our Hawaii cruise in 2007 but they could be different for Alaska. I do know that this cruise went on to Alaska when we disembarked and I can't imagine that they changed the chairs. This cruise was on the Radiance also.