Delta 2nd bag rebate, check out this link, I hope it helps someone

bubbles1209

This will probably be moved to the cruise air section of the boards, but I wanted to share it here too, in hopes even more people that may not know will see it.

If you took a flight on Delta after May 5th, 2008 and paid the $25 fee for your 2nd checked bag and you purchased your ticket before April 9, 2008 you may be entitled to the $25 fee for the 2nd checked bag that you paid! I found this while checking out prices on the Delta site tonight, here's the link.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/baggage_allowance/second_bag_fee/index.jsp

Just thought I'd share this info I saw on their website tonight, these days, every little bit helps:)

You're welcome, we traveled in June, and if we had checked a 2nd bag, we would be entitled being as how we purchased our tickets in November, but we managed to get away with 1 piece of luggage each coming & going, so no rebate for us. Just hope it will help some of my fellow CC friends.:)

Thanks for that link! We purchased our tickets back in March, wont be flying out until November.

Just in case, I printed that info - the right hand might not know what the left hand is doing behind the ticket counter when we check our bags...I do not want to get charged...and if I didnt know the business decision Delta came up with, I would have dug into my wallet no doubt & handed over the moolah, if my purchase date was overlooked. I'm not needing the rebate of course, but I do not want to get charged either. Thank you Thank you...:D

I purchased my Delta ticket on April 10 for my December flight!

SOAB!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Looks like I am stuck with the $25! I guess ill have to make everything fit into my checked and my carry-on! :)

I purchased my Delta ticket on April 10 for my December flight!

SOAB!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Looks like I am stuck with the $25! I guess ill have to make everything fit into my checked and my carry-on! :)

Oh man!...*sigh* thats not right....!! I'm still going to do what you're saying, I'll try to make everything fit into ONE checked bag....and the day I do that, they'll change the checked bag weight to like only 20lbs or something :o :p

Wow, im glad to hear this....I booked my flight in Decemeber, flew out on May 10 and got the second bag free but was going to have to pay the 25 for the 2nd bag home. I called Delta and went round and round with them about having to pay for the second bag even tho I had booked in December. Well we did luggage express on the way home and were never charged the 25 for the extra bag. It clearly states on their ticket contract that all rules apply on the forward lag of the trip and remain until the return flight.

That's true of all the airlines. I'm flying Continental in September and they told me to check my luggage at the counter if I have a 2nd bag. It would take me making a lot of noise before I would pay the fee to check a bag before the fee inception, because knowing the airlines, you'd have a fight and a half getting it back. I would/am printing out their fee info from their web site where it clearly states that if you purchased by a particular date, you are not required to pay the fee. That way, if you demand a manager at the counter and the airport, you have the documentation. It's difficult for them to play 'dumb' when you have the info in writing to hand to them :eek:

Diane

Thanks for the info!!!!!!! I found out on the last day at sea of our 5/3 - 5/10 Triumph cruise that Delta pulled a fast one!!! When I checked in online to head to Miami to leave for the cruise, I was able to check 2 bags for free and then found out on the last day at sea when I again, went to check in online that I'd have to pay $25 for my second bag!!! I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad!!!!! Just filled out the form online and received a message that my claim should be processed within 60 days.

This will probably be moved to the cruise air section of the boards, but I wanted to share it here too, in hopes even more people that may not know will see it.

If you took a flight on Delta after May 5th, 2008 and paid the $25 fee for your 2nd checked bag and you purchased your ticket before April 9, 2008 you may be entitled to the $25 fee for the 2nd checked bag that you paid! I found this while checking out prices on the Delta site tonight, here's the link.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/baggage_allowance/second_bag_fee/index.jsp

Just thought I'd share this info I saw on their website tonight, these days, every little bit helps:)

Many thanks! Delta just credited back $25.00 to my Amex card. I filed my claim online with the link you provided less than 2 weeks ago. Gail

• 1 month later...

Archived