Bert Stratton

cookyb

Oh please....that's a bit extreme. He's not even in the Main Theater, so if you really dislike him that much, all you have to do is avoid the lounges he's singing in each night.

You can't, everytime you work through the Atrium the dreadful sound reaches you even when sitting in the bar downstairs, quite off putting!

Terry

You can't, everytime you work through the Atrium the dreadful sound reaches you even when sitting in the bar downstairs, quite off putting!

Terry

Aside from his goofy, John Carey mannerisms, he's good. Nice voice and really draws a crowd! We enjoyed him the first time, a bit much the second time around. Give him a break.

Aside from his goofy, John Carey mannerisms, he's good. Nice voice and really draws a crowd! We enjoyed him the first time, a bit much the second time around. Give him a break.

Totally agree, he has a lovely voice and can play the keys, he just murders every song

Terry

• 2 years later...

I don't understand how people can't see the humour in Bert's show. I loved it and sang along as well as laughed all night. His show was the best on the ship! He is funny as well as very talented. He intentionally mispronounces words - its meant to be funny - like participitation! Loosen up and enjoy the show!:D

This is a 2 year old thread - does anyone know what ship he is currently on?

Yeah...talk about somebody raising the dead. Unfortunately rumor has it that he is on the Emerald right now. Hope it is just a nasty rumor because we sail on the Emerald this weekend. The only thing worse than having a screaming kid at the table next to you is Crooners with him at the piano. Wait a minute....people find a grown person mispronouncing words on purpose funny????? I believe that the best job for Bert would be a camp director at a youth camp. His singalongs and hand clapping would really make him a hit with the campers.

Disclaimer: To those who enjoy him I am happy that he helps make your cruise enjoyable. To each his own.

Yeah...talk about somebody raising the dead. Unfortunately rumor has it that he is on the Emerald right now. Hope it is just a nasty rumor because we sail on the Emerald this weekend. The only thing worse than having a screaming kid at the table next to you is Crooners with him at the piano. Wait a minute....people find a grown person mispronouncing words on purpose funny????? I believe that the best job for Bert would be a camp director at a youth camp. His singalongs and hand clapping would really make him a hit with the campers.

Disclaimer: To those who enjoy him I am happy that he helps make your cruise enjoyable. To each his own.

Like him or not he is a very talented man, and a wonderful person....if u don't like him he is very easy to avoid......huge ship, small lounge.

Like him or not he is a very talented man, and a wonderful person....if u don't like him he is very easy to avoid......huge ship, small lounge.

True unless you have business with the purser and there's a long line ahead of you when he's performing. It happened to me and I saved the purser visit for another time.

Archived