When Life Hands You Lemons - Make Limoncello

Sandytoes

Boy, would I love to sample that.

Let us know how it turns out - OK?

:)

I will report it when its done. Hopefully it'll be good news. Its a simple recipe and I hope it goes well. If so it can be varied using say flavored vodkas, etc. Larry :)

Everyone keeps mentioning that they put it in the freezer. I keep mine in the refrigerator.....what am I doing wrong?

Anne

Limoncello is usually stored in the freezer.

Tastes better when it's served icy cold in tiny glasses.

We keep it in the freezer too.

:D

Cook your favorite pasta. (I use angel hair)

Saute fresh shrimp in butter and a little garlic.

When shrimp are done (4 min), add 1 cup Limoncello (more or less to taste and the number of people)

Mix and toss into the pasta.

With a salad, white wine, and garlic bread, you have a Limoncello Pasta meal fit for a queen.

I got this "recipe" from Generoso, my favorite maitre d'.

That sounds AWESOME....bet it would be great with bay scallops as well :p

Anne - who knows what she fixing for dinner ths weekend.

Limoncello Mouse for dessert :D

Cook your favorite pasta. (I use angel hair)

Saute fresh shrimp in butter and a little garlic.

When shrimp are done (4 min), add 1 cup Limoncello (more or less to taste and the number of people)

Mix and toss into the pasta.

With a salad, white wine, and garlic bread, you have a Limoncello Pasta meal fit for a queen.

I got this "recipe" from Generoso, my favorite maitre d'.

Off to Trader Joes :p Can't wait to try the Cream one :D

BTW - I tried the recipe this weekend with scallops & spinich angle hair pasta ........YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne

Can't wait to order it on our Star Princess Alaska cruise. Our first limoncella was in Sorrento!!! Trader Joe's has both the regular and cream type.

The drink costs $4.95 and you can keep the glass.

A refill would be $3.95.

(We were given a refill for free)

The next night I thought I could get a refill for $3.95.

So I brought the glasses, wrapped up in my purse, to the dining room.

When the waiter came over and asked if we wanted Limoncello

I told him that I brought my glass. :o

He said, No, it's only a one shot :rolleyes: deal.

You need to buy the drink and glass daily if you want Limoncello.

I now have a collection of glasses.....:p..:D

We have been on two Princess cruises and now have four Limoncello glasses, soon to be at least 8 on our CB cruise this Oct :rolleyes:

Also have a bottle in the freezer!!! What can I say??? It is GREAT for settling an upset stomach after a huge heavy meal, actually the chips and dip I just munched on isn't settling well....BRB :o

Hi guys. Well I just made the stuff after marinating the zest in vodka for 13 days. I must say it came out much to my liking. I don't think I'll be buying it anymore I used the zest aof about 9 lemons, let it soak in 750 cc of Smirnoff 80 proof vodka, then boiled around 800 cc water with about 200 gm. sugar until dissolved, then slowly added the strained alcohol mixture. Once all of it was in the sugar H2O mixture just let it simmer for maybe 5 mins. and remove from the heat. Then I let it cool. The taste now is really good and I can't wait to try it cold. I'm happy with the results. :)

We have been on two Princess cruises and now have four Limoncello glasses, soon to be at least 8 on our CB cruise this Oct

Also have a bottle in the freezer!!! What can I say??? It is GREAT for settling an upset stomach after a huge heavy meal, actually the chips and dip I just munched on isn't settling well....BRB

You know it helped.

Had way too much to eat tonight...:o - it did settle my tummy. Who knew...:rolleyes:..:p And just to make sure, I had another..;) ..:D

After reading this thread and not having ever tried Limoncello before, I went and bought some, popped it in the freezer and waited for it to get very cold. I poured me a bit, tried it and unfortunately hated it. :eek: I'm apparently not tough enough for Limoncello! :confused: I have an almost full bottle of highly recommended Limoncello chilled in the freezer if anyone that likes it shows up. :)

After reading this thread and not having ever tried Limoncello before, I went and bought some, popped it in the freezer and waited for it to get very cold. I poured me a bit, tried it and unfortunately hated it. :eek: I'm apparently not tough enough for Limoncello! :confused: I have an almost full bottle of highly recommended Limoncello chilled in the freezer if anyone that likes it shows up. :)

It is rather like an addiction, I wasn't too sure of it when I first tried it and now YUM!!! Especially after a really heavy meal.

I have had it mixed into Lemon Drop Martinins and it was very good. I make a *adult* lemonade...vodka, ginger-ale, fresh lemon juice, very tart and refreshing, next time I am going to add Limoncello to it too:p

Hi guys. Well I just made the stuff after marinating the zest in vodka for 13 days. I must say it came out much to my liking. I don't think I'll be buying it anymore I used the zest aof about 9 lemons, let it soak in 750 cc of Smirnoff 80 proof vodka, then boiled around 800 cc water with about 200 gm. sugar until dissolved, then slowly added the strained alcohol mixture. Once all of it was in the sugar H2O mixture just let it simmer for maybe 5 mins. and remove from the heat. Then I let it cool. The taste now is really good and I can't wait to try it cold. I'm happy with the results. :)

Did you know you can make a non-sugar version? Just substitute Splenda - same measure as sugar. I let my lemons set for 30 days. For a "creamed" version, I add Eagle Brand to my limoncello.

Did you know you can make a non-sugar version? Just substitute Splenda - same measure as sugar. I let my lemons set for 30 days. For a "creamed" version, I add Eagle Brand to my limoncello.

Wow! I don't use splenda. How much would it cost and does it come in bulk, i.e. not is those little packets?

Does the creamy version take away some of the bite?? Grand Marnier used to have a creamed GM that was lovely. I am thinking it would taste really good.

That's wonderful to know :D I'm diabetic and LOVE Limoncello :p

Archived