When Life Hands You Lemons - Make Limoncello

Sandytoes

Thanks for the video link, Sandytoes :) Has anyone had the Limoncello on the CB? If so, do they use the same glasses on the CB? They are so cute.

I will order it on my cruise and will let you know.

I have heard that the drink is free because of a legal reason.

They do charge you for the glass.

I will order it on my cruise and will let you know.

I have heard that the drink is free because of a legal reason.

They do charge you for the glass.

Great! I will look forward to your review and your limoncello experience :) Enjoy your cruise!

I know you have to pay for the glass, but has anyone tried to just get refills :D

Can't get Everclear in NH (we live here). We actually picked up a bottle in Florida last time we went searching.

Sailing on the Ruby in March and although I don't like vodka- I just can't resist a free drink and a souvenir glass

Has anyone had the Limoncello on the CB? If so, do they use the same glasses on the CB? They are so cute.

Yes, CB does make Limoncello and it's great! The glasses they serve it in are identical to the other ships....and available in a few different colors. We have green, blue and red, so far.:)

On one ship the Limoncello looked and tasted a little creamy, as though a milk based product had been added. It was delicious but I wonder if the recipe was different. :eek:

There is a creamy version of Limoncello. It is also available commercially. In fact, I have some in my fridge right now!:) They are both great.

Hi,

I have ordered it many times and did receive one refill. Our waiter and assistant waiter joined our table in a toast. The three of us drank it in one gulp and all the others at my table sipped. I told them my glass had a hole in it and I wonderfully received a refill. When we stopped in Italy and I bought some Limoncello in Pisa, I brought it onboard and we all enjoyed another glass from me.

Sandytoes -

Thanks for the great video link! Yes, same glasses on the CB as in the Emerald Princess video. Cool glasses. DD Emily and I were at dinner 2nd formal night last Aug on our CB (first) cruise and wondered what everyone was drinking at the next table that they were enjoying so much. Our waiter poured me one, and kept on pouring.... and pouring... and pouring! DD Emily (17) tried a sip and christened her own name for the drink - she said it reminded her of those little moistened towelettes all us parents take in the car on vacations - to us, Limoncello is now "The Wetnap" !!!!

Bob Laubach

Manassas VA

We bought the cream lemoncello in Sorrento once and didn't drink it for a couple years and it went bad. The cream part of it separated from the rest. So if you buy it drink it soon. I was waiting for a special time to have it. Boy was I bummed.

Oh you... wild women... I'm ready... I will look for you on Italian night so we can 'Salute' with this great liquor!!

MC;)

Jackie and MC, Great minds think alike, looks like we may have to add something else to our activity page!

and he said it's healthy too! wish I had some right now, it would probably knock this cold right out.

Mary

Lake Tahoe has Everclear its closer to us- but have you tried the one made by our local growers in Ventura its really good and Wades Wines off the freeway in Agoura carries it "Ventura County

Growers Lemoncello. good luck Karon

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Also for those of you who really do like the glass and not just the ingredients - Bed Bath and Beyond sells them as a set. Not as much fun though.

Lake Tahoe has Everclear its closer to us- but have you tried the one made by our local growers in Ventura its really good and Wades Wines off the freeway in Agoura carries it "Ventura County

Growers Lemoncello. good luck Karon

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Also for those of you who really do like the glass and not just the ingredients - Bed Bath and Beyond sells them as a set. Not as much fun though.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, how much do they charge for the glass? And is it available in every bar?

First shot is $4.95 + 15% gratuity

Your waiter might give you a second shot for free. (our waiter did)

You get to keep the shot glass.

Limoncello.jpg.49a1f24802488ceed714e364062d68dc.jpg

First shot is $4.95 + 15% gratuity

Your waiter might give you a second shot for free. (our waiter did)

You get to keep the shot glass.

[ATTACH]87805[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the picture of the glass - fun glassware is one of my weaknesses. I'm taking my first Princess cruise on the Ruby in January. Is limoncelo only available on Italian night? How do you know which night of the cruise will be Italian? We have Anytime dining and would want to be sure to be in the right restaurant on the right night. Sorry for all the questions....just SO excited and we're still 159 days out.

It's available any night, but some you have to ask for it. I think on our ten-day British Isle, it was offered as a special three nights. My DH loves to pour it over ice cream, so many nights that's what he opted for in the dining room and we gave our table mates the glasses. We have a friend who makes his own and it's okay, but IMO everything tastes better when there's a cruise wrapped around it:D

Thanks for the picture of the glass - fun glassware is one of my weaknesses. I'm taking my first Princess cruise on the Ruby in January. Is limoncelo only available on Italian night? How do you know which night of the cruise will be Italian? We have Anytime dining and would want to be sure to be in the right restaurant on the right night. Sorry for all the questions....just SO excited and we're still 159 days out.

On Caribbean night a waiter came around offering Limoncello. Then the next night, Italian, our waiter asked if we wanted it again. Of course!!! :D

So, I think it's offered any night, you might just have to ask for it.

Jacki & MC,

Please have a glass or 5 for me...I LOVE the stuff :p I bought a wonderful bottle of it in the Duty Free shop onboard the CB last month, one shot and I'm out. It's imported from Italy and stronger than what's served on board.

The glasses they were selling / serving it in were NOT the pretty ones shown in the video, however they are cute and say 'Princess' on them with the Logo. Bob hot glued a little loop on two to use as Christmas tree ormaments on our family room tree :D

Hugs,

Anne

Hi,

Limoncello is one of my favorites. I have two bottles in the freezer right now. One bought locally and the other is from Italy. Italy limoncello has a higher alcohol content and you can certainly feel it after having 2 shots. I always come home with a few extra glasses.

MC- Are you ready for Italian night? I am! (minimum of 2 for myself)

Jacki

Archived