Rio Cuale Canopy Tour

gargoyle999

Rio Cuale Canopy Tour seems to be rather new in PV and not too many comments on it. Has anyone been on this one. Los Veranos seems to be very popular but Rio seems to have a higher and longer run.

My take on it from what I have seen of the Rio I think there are other better canopy/zip line tours in PV.

Also I'm not sure when you are going but the Rio tour would be better in the rainy season June to Sept as the river would have a heavy flow. JMO

I sure we will have a good time on which ever one we try. I was just hoping to get some information from people who have actually gone on "this" tour.

Thanks!

I did a search on tripadvisor.com and there is nothing there since 2006 and what is there is the same info your looking for with no replies.

Based on the fact that there is no info there or any replies here I would stay clear till they get established a go with El Eden or los vernes.

We've done Los Veranos and El Eden and loved them both. We plan to try all five eventually. I believe you will have a great time on any of them. :cool:

Ok, while we are at it can you tell me what El Eden was like? Thanks,

El Eden is a must to see. They shot the movie Preditor there with Arnie and the helicopter is still there. You can go swimming, they have a restuarant, small tequila factory, canopy tour.

Lots of kodak moments.

Do a search on tripadvisor.com lots of info there.

In addition to what Addictedtwo stated, I felt the El Eden experience is similar to Los Veranos as far as the terrain and ziplines. If you go, you will probably leave saying just like my governator would say, "I'll be back." :D

• 3 months later...
We've done Los Veranos and El Eden and loved them both. We plan to try all five eventually. I believe you will have a great time on any of them. :cool:

Can you tell me more about El Eden? How many lines? Is it over a river like Los Veranos? We've done LV but would like to try a different one this time. Thanks!!

Can you tell me more about El Eden? How many lines? Is it over a river like Los Veranos? We've done LV but would like to try a different one this time. Thanks!!

There are 12 different ziplines. I don't remember if there is a river, but I think there is. It is definitely over a jungle similar to Los Veranos terrain. Check these sites for more info.

http://www.canopyeleden.com/

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/el-eden-canopy-tour.htm

• 2 years later...

WE did this in April 2011 and had a fantastic time. The guides were very funny while completely professional with safety first. I even went upside down on the last zipline (head rush!) which ended with a mule ride back up the mountain.

Be warned though... there is some uphill hiking between launch platforms. I was huffing and puffing (but then again I'm out of shape!)

The photo package that they attempt to sell is very expensive so we didn't buy any.

The ride up is definitely part of the experience :)

• 2 weeks later...

The reason you don't hear much about this zipline is that the owner and cruise lines don't have a contract. I have taken the other lines in PV and 5 others around the world and will tell you this is the fastest-highest-longest runs of any I have taken. You reach speeds of 55mph+ and heights of 850' and one run is a 1/4 mile long....By far I rate this a 10 and most of the others a 7...If you like speed take this one, if you fear heights pass...As for there photo policy, they do try to sell you a photo package for $45.00 I will say for 200+ photos of my son and I, that was priceless. Yes over 200 photos of just the 2 of us...Great deal and they brought it to the pier just before we sailed, oh its in a CD...As the other poster mentioned you climb onto donkeys at the river and ride up steep switch back trails to the top, about a 25+ minute ride....Have fun we do :)

Archived