Onboard Credit when you've bought a Future Cruise...

ManhattanCruiser

If you have a high volume TA, they can apply your FCC toward your final payment and then you will have the OBC. It is too late for the lower deposit , (you already paid that) but you will stll have the OBC. We just did this. I had no FCC when we booked for Med cruise, in Sept. but on the New Zealand cruise, in Feb. we bought FCC and applied the $100 toward the the next cruise and got OBC. Consultant looked at my TA 's company and said no problem.

I contacted my TA about this. She said she contacted Princess 3 times and they said the FCC must be purchased before the deposit is made. Did you get the on board consultant to add a just purchased FCC to an existing booking?

I contacted my TA about this. She said she contacted Princess 3 times and they said the FCC must be purchased before the deposit is made. Did you get the on board consultant to add a just purchased FCC to an existing booking?

I have often run out of FCC's when booking. If I have another cruise before final is due on the one booked without the FCC, I purchase them onboard the next sailing. My TA has managed to assgin that FCC to the already booked sailing. So, there has got to be away around this as I have done it in the past.

I have often run out of FCC's when booking. If I have another cruise before final is due on the one booked without the FCC, I purchase them onboard the next sailing. My TA has managed to assign that FCC to the already booked sailing. So, there has got to be away around this as I have done it in the past.

Thanks Toto. I contacted my TA again. I guess I'll have to find another TA if she doesn't come through. I know we're only talking about a couple of hundred dollars, but at his point it's the principle!!!

Try calling Princess on their 800 number. The onboard person does not necessarily know everything. I was transferring FCCs back and forth between 2 previously booked cruises this summer and Princess customer service had no problem applying them to whatever cruise I wanted. I did not need to rebook anything.

I called Princess 800 and she didn't know everything either. I told her that only 1 person in cabin needed a FCC and both people would be able to benefit. At first she disagreed and then said she'll look it up and came back and said I was right. But she didn't help me with applying the FCC to my already booked cruise, said I had to go thru my TA. I haven't been happy with my TA lately, in fact booked my last cruise with someone else. But I called and left a message and am waiting for a reply:rolleyes: , which from experience lately may take awhile. But thank you for your advice and I will continue to pursue it. Maybe if I called Capt. Circle, does anyone have a direct phone #?

There is a possiblity that the TA also had shipboard credut associated with this booking. We normally get the credit from the FCC, PLUS whatever shipboard credit the TA is offering for the sailing. It often ends up being $150 pp or higher for most cruises 10 days and longer.

Thanks, maybe that's it then. I'm sure you can see why I'm not inquiring at the travel agents office. ;)

I called Princess 800 and she didn't know everything either. I told her that only 1 person in cabin needed a FCC and both people would be able to benefit. At first she disagreed and then said she'll look it up and came back and said I was right. But she didn't help me with applying the FCC to my already booked cruise, said I had to go thru my TA. I haven't been happy with my TA lately, in fact booked my last cruise with someone else. But I called and left a message and am waiting for a reply:rolleyes: , which from experience lately may take awhile. But thank you for your advice and I will continue to pursue it. Maybe if I called Capt. Circle, does anyone have a direct phone #?

Elcruzer,

Please let us know how you make out. I contacted my TA again and was turned down again!! She swears Princess tells her you must have an FCC on the books when you book your cruise to gain OBC. I really don't want to cancel and rebook because I have great cabins. Does anyone know if it is possible to change from one TA to another without losing your cabin?

Call the regular 800# and press "6" when the choices start.

It is Princess policy to only allow you to use FCC that has been purchased at the time of booking or before booking so I don't think you will get a positive response by calling the Captains Circle desk. It seems that only high volume TAs can get around this and I don't know how they do it.

Archived