Onboard Credit when you've bought a Future Cruise...

ManhattanCruiser

I have a cruise coming up that started as a Future Cruise booking, so there is now a $25 pp OBC showing on the reservation.

But it shows as a $50 credit on each of our "balance and payments" pages on MyPrincess. I know they mean $50 TOTAL and not pp (we're in an inside).

So here's my question... since I'm the one who purchased the FC... will the entire OBC be credited to MY onboard account... or will we both get $25 credits on each of our accounts.

It's nothing earth-shatteringly important... I'm just curious. FYI: I'm traveling with a non-spouse (if that matters to the policy at all).

I have a cruise coming up that started as a Future Cruise booking, so there is now a $25 pp OBC showing on the reservation.

But it shows as a $50 credit on each of our "balance and payments" pages on MyPrincess. I know they mean $50 TOTAL and not pp (we're in an inside).

So here's my question... since I'm the one who purchased the FC... will the entire OBC be credited to MY onboard account... or will we both get $25 credits on each of our accounts.

It's nothing earth-shatteringly important... I'm just curious. FYI: I'm traveling with a non-spouse (if that matters to the policy at all).

It doesn't matter who purchased the fcc. Both passengers get the same amount. You will each get your own accounting record and each one will have a $25 credit on it. I'm assuming this is for a 7 day, inside cabin. If you had an outside cabin or higher, the credit would be $50 each. If you were traveling solo, you would still get just one of the credits. When you add another person, they get the same credit as you.

It doesn't matter who purchased the fcc. Both passengers get the same amount. You will each get your own accounting record and each one will have a $25 credit on it. I'm assuming this is for a 7 day, inside cabin. If you had an outside cabin or higher, the credit would be $50 each. If you were traveling solo, you would still get just one of the credits. When you add another person, they get the same credit as you.

Hmmm..............

Each of you will receive an OBC on your ship's accounts. Since gratuities for a 7 day cruise will be more than $25 each, the entire OBC will be used for tips, and you don't need to worry about which ship's charges to put on which account. It's a nice perk to buying and using future cruise credits....free money!

OK, now I'm curious about whether my friend (non-spouse) and I used our FCC's in the best way.

We each bought one FCC on our last cruise and each of us used it on our next booked cruise (we're in the same room). Should we have just used one of them (not sure how we would decided who's to use, though) and then the other person pay the $100 deposit and each of us would still get the full OBC (which is $100pp)???? Or did we each need to use our own FCC because we're not a married couple?? I'm confused - any help? :confused:

OK, now I'm curious about whether my friend (non-spouse) and I used our FCC's in the best way.

We each bought one FCC on our last cruise and each of us used it on our next booked cruise (we're in the same room). Should we have just used one of them (not sure how we would decided who's to use, though) and then the other person pay the $100 deposit and each of us would still get the full OBC (which is $100pp)???? Or did we each need to use our own FCC because we're not a married couple?? I'm confused - any help? :confused:

Yes, you could have used just one fcc and both would get the credit. That way you could book another cruise with the additional fcc. I guess you'd either have to flip a coin or make sure you both go on the next cruise together. Being married has nothing to do with anything. On my last cruise I went with my best friend. I had an fcc and she did not. We used my fcc, she paid her $100 deposit and we both got $100 credit. (15 day, outside cabin).

Should we have just used one of them (not sure how we would decided who's to use, though) and then the other person pay the $100 deposit

Doesn't matter which one you use. I am sure the one of you that used one would buy another FCC while on the cruise. Thus both of you would have an FCC available at the end of the cruise.

recent change to this policy, if traveling solo, the person traveling gets the obc as if two were in the stateroom, i.e. if it is $25pp then the single gets $50.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. I was just reading through this post trying to refresh my memory on how the whole FCC thing works since I'm planning to use mine soon. I have a question to add to beachyfe's. Can two people in one cabin each use a FCC? And if so, do they get double the OBC? For example, if DH and I were to book a 7-day in an outside cabin and we each used our FCC for the booking would we each get our own $50 OBC plus the other's $50 OBC since we are each other's cabinmate? If so, it might make sense for us to book this way and get a total of $200 in OBC rather than the $100 total if we just used one or the other's FCC. There would really be no downside because we'd still only need a $100 deposit pp and we could each just buy another FCC during that cruise to use on the next one. After re-reading beachyfe's post, it seems like this is exactly what they did but I can't tell if their OBC was double. Can anyone help?

Hmmm. I was just reading through this post trying to refresh my memory on how the whole FCC thing works since I'm planning to use mine soon. I have a question to add to beachyfe's. Can two people in one cabin each use a FCC? And if so, do they get double the OBC? For example, if DH and I were to book a 7-day in an outside cabin and we each used our FCC for the booking would we each get our own $50 OBC plus the other's $50 OBC since we are each other's cabinmate? If so, it might make sense for us to book this way and get a total of $200 in OBC rather than the $100 total if we just used one or the other's FCC. There would really be no downside because we'd still only need a $100 deposit pp and we could each just buy another FCC during that cruise to use on the next one. After re-reading beachyfe's post, it seems like this is exactly what they did but I can't tell if their OBC was double. Can anyone help?

Sorry, but no they will not double the OBC. If you are booking a 7 day outside cabin then you will each get a $50 OBC whether you use one FCC or two for your deposit.

fun and breezes 2,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question even if it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. Sounds to me then that it doesn't make any sense for us each to buy a FCC at the same time and let them hold $200 of our money when DH could just buy one each time and then we would use it together when we decide on our next destination. That way, we only have $100 tied up with Princess at any given time and still get the maximum benefits available. That is, unless I'm missing something.

fun and breezes 2,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question even if it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. Sounds to me then that it doesn't make any sense for us each to buy a FCC at the same time and let them hold $200 of our money when DH could just buy one each time and then we would use it together when we decide on our next destination. That way, we only have $100 tied up with Princess at any given time and still get the maximum benefits available. That is, unless I'm missing something.

What you are missing is when you have used your FCC to book a cruise that you haven't taken yet, and then another great cruise opportunity turns up. That's when you say to yourself "I should have bought more than one FCC!"

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we decided to use our FCCs to book a Western Caribbean sailing in March on the the Ruby Princess. We used both of our FCCs so we didn't have to fuss with paying anything out of pocket when we booked. I hadn't thought about your point, caribill, but considering both of our work schedules it isn't likely that we would ever be able to take advantage of any great cruise opportunities that pop up. We have to plan pretty far in advance. We will still probably each buy an FCC during the cruise in March just to give us options. Thanks for the advice, all!

Sandy

We just got off the Caribbean Princess on which we used both our FCCs. A couple of months ago we booked the New Years Eve cruise but did not have any FCCs. I had hoped to try to rebook on board to get the OBC but the representative said she couldn't do it. Several years ago I was able to do this on RCCL but Princess seems to be stricter.

We purchased FCCs on board and think that in the future I will use only 1 for any cruise since both of us would get the OBC anyway.

The price of the New Year's cruise has gone up since we booked it so I cannot cancel and rebook using our new FCC:(

If you have a high volume TA, they can apply your FCC toward your final payment and then you will have the OBC. It is too late for the lower deposit , (you already paid that) but you will stll have the OBC. We just did this. I had no FCC when we booked for Med cruise, in Sept. but on the New Zealand cruise, in Feb. we bought FCC and applied the $100 toward the the next cruise and got OBC. Consultant looked at my TA 's company and said no problem.

Yes, you could have used just one fcc and both would get the credit. That way you could book another cruise with the additional fcc. I guess you'd either have to flip a coin or make sure you both go on the next cruise together. Being married has nothing to do with anything. On my last cruise I went with my best friend. I had an fcc and she did not. We used my fcc, she paid her $100 deposit and we both got $100 credit. (15 day, outside cabin).

I'm confused now. Are you saying that your best friend also got an onboard credit even though she didn't have an FCC?

I'm confused now. Are you saying that your best friend also got an onboard credit even though she didn't have an FCC?

One FCC is good for two OBCs in the same cabin. The second person does not have to have an FCC or even be related to the first person.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess on which we used both our FCCs. A couple of months ago we booked the New Years Eve cruise but did not have any FCCs. I had hoped to try to rebook on board to get the OBC but the representative said she couldn't do it. Several years ago I was able to do this on RCCL but Princess seems to be stricter.

We purchased FCCs on board and think that in the future I will use only 1 for any cruise since both of us would get the OBC anyway.

The price of the New Year's cruise has gone up since we booked it so I cannot cancel and rebook using our new FCC:(

Try calling Princess on their 800 number. The onboard person does not necessarily know everything. I was transferring FCCs back and forth between 2 previously booked cruises this summer and Princess customer service had no problem applying them to whatever cruise I wanted. I did not need to rebook anything.

One FCC is good for two OBCs in the same cabin. The second person does not have to have an FCC or even be related to the first person.

So purchasing the FCC was a better deal than I thought. I have two FCC and used them both for two outside cabins, one for me and my betrothed, and one for my sons. We all got the OBCs. I didn't realize that til you pointed it out. Thank you so much.

My summary says each of us has $150 in onboard credits for a total of 600$ for the two cabins. :confused:

I don't know why, really. It's a 10-day ocean view, I thought just the two FCCs would get 75$

Not to beat a dead horse, but

Why did we each get 150 in obc? I don't want to ask the TA in case it's a mistake.

My trip summary lists for each of the four of us (in two seperate cabins): OBC - $150

Is this normal for a 10-day outside cabin, to get so much credit?

There is a possiblity that the TA also had shipboard credut associated with this booking. We normally get the credit from the FCC, PLUS whatever shipboard credit the TA is offering for the sailing. It often ends up being $150 pp or higher for most cruises 10 days and longer.

Archived