Frozen Key Lime Pie drink recipe?? Mariner

We recently returned from a cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas. I had a wonderful drink that was called a frozen key lime pie.

I have searched the cc boards and the internet looking for the recipe. Thought I had found it, but when I mixed it up it was awful.

Does anyone have the Mariner specific recipe for this drink? Is anyone sailing on Mariner soon that would be willing to ask?

Thanks,

Haven't been on the Mariner (yet) but that drink sounds yummy so I googled it. here's a recipe I found:

Frozen Key Lime recipe

rating

7 votes

serve in

Wine Goblet

alcohol

13%

ScaleRecipe('6818',1); Scale ingredients to servings

1 oz white rum

1/2 oz dark rum

1 1/2 oz lime juice

3 tbsp vanilla ice cream

Blend briefly with half a glassful of crushed ice in a wine goblet. Garnish with a slice of lime and a cherry, and serve.

Is this the same one you found online?

Thanks for trying, but Don't use that recipe. It is the same one I found. All you can taste is the lime juice.....ewwww!!!

I have played with the recipe and almost wasted an entire bottle of bacardi trying to figure it out. Can't get it right.

One of the guys from my roll call really liked it to. I just got an email from him saying he knows the communications officer on Independence of the Seas and that guy is suppose to get him the recipe.

If I get it, I will post it for you guys.

I was a bartender in college and we made them- here is the problem, lime juice and dairy do not mix well- they curdle, so be careful.

We used to use Roses lime juice, and a spirit called Licor 43-which is a vanilla flavored drink from Spain I believe, and a little baileys to give it the creaminess without curdling.

You can blend this, or as we did-shake and serve up in a martini glass with a graham cracker rim!

We recently returned from a cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas. I had a wonderful drink that was called a frozen key lime pie.

I have searched the cc boards and the internet looking for the recipe. Thought I had found it, but when I mixed it up it was awful.

Does anyone have the Mariner specific recipe for this drink? Is anyone sailing on Mariner soon that would be willing to ask?

Thanks,

I am going on the Mariner August 17th, I will also get it written down. Although like I just read, Cheeseburger in Paradise can do the job as well. I do live near one too here in the Chicago suburbs. I will definitely have one while on the Mariner. I did have I think a Key Lime Martini at Cheeseburger in Paradise. That was good as well.

I was a bartender in college and we made them-

We used to use Roses lime juice, and a spirit called Licor 43-which is a vanilla flavored drink from Spain I believe, and a little baileys to give it the creaminess without curdling.

You can blend this, or as we did-shake and serve up in a martini glass with a graham cracker rim!

That sounds AWESOME!!

I don't know if this is the same recipe as the one used on the ship but it's different then the one posted earlier in this thread:

KEY LIME PIE MARTINI

2 OZ VANILL VODKA

1/2 OZ TRIPLE SEC

21/2 OZ PINEAPPLE JUICE

1/2 LIME CORDIAL

1/2 LIME

CRUSHED GRAHAM CRACKERS FOR RIM

CHILLED GLASS RIM W/GRAHAM CRACKERS

POR VODKA,TRIPLE SEC,PINEAPPLE JUICE AND LIME CORDIAL INTO SHAKER W/ ICE............SHAKE WELL

ADD LIME JUICE POUR INTO GLASS

• 5 years later...

Thanks,

We were recently in St Thomas and paradise point had this awesome drink. Was able to get their recipe:

1 part vanilla vodka

2 parts cruzan vanila rum

1 part coco lopez

2 parts pineapple juice

1 part vanilla ice cream

2 parts margarita mix

mix equal part with finely crushed ice (i.e. 8 oz drink over 8 oz of crushed ice)

shake and serve

my only problem is, I am unable to find these ingredients in massachusetts.

It was such an AWESOME drink. Hope you have better luck then I do

Enjoy!