life vests

Batch007

My kids will be 3 & 6 when we cruise. I figure the ship will have the approprite vests for them (I understant we ask our Steward to bring them to our cabin). But my questions are

1) can we bring them ashore for excursions? (or do we bring our own for that??)

2) can they use them in the pools on board if needed?

My older daughter has had a lot of lessons, but due to colds & ear issues, my little one hasn't yet had lessons (she is almost 3 now) - but we do swim with them both quite a lot.

Oh and can we bring pool toys to use? ie small float tubes?

Thx

My kids will be 3 & 6 when we cruise. I figure the ship will have the approprite vests for them (I understant we ask our Steward to bring them to our cabin). But my questions are

1) can we bring them ashore for excursions? (or do we bring our own for that??)

2) can they use them in the pools on board if needed?

My older daughter has had a lot of lessons, but due to colds & ear issues, my little one hasn't yet had lessons (she is almost 3 now) - but we do swim with them both quite a lot.

Oh and can we bring pool toys to use? ie small float tubes?

Thx

The ships lifevests must onlybe used for a ship emergency, so if you would like vests on excursions or in the pool, you can bring your own.

There is no prohibition on pool toys, but I wouldn't bring anything to big or imposing out of respect for other pool users. Lots of children bring toys (like buckets and dive sticks - not flotation devices)

Unless your kids are about the only kids on board, there really isn't room for "floats" and stuff in the pools--they are fairly small.

The things that go on a kids arms and are inflated are used by many. Also, they make swimsuits with the "life vest" built in--those are pretty nice!

I was intrigued by the puddlejumpers that Noelscat posted. I actually came across it on the leaps&bounds website, and noticed that they have a demo video of it (see here). This would probably work for either one of your children.

FYI, if you enter leaps&bounds site thru ebates.com, you get 6% back. :-)

hth

Archived