Air Purchased Through Carnival

dnice1979

Can someone please tell me how it works. Do you have to pay upfront for the plane ticket. Do you think its useful to use this service or would it better to find my ow ticket. Anyone who has use this service before that can provide some much needed info.

Thank You!:cool:

If you book air through Carnival it becomes part of your booking. You pay a deposit and the balance will be due at final payment. You will not know what airline or connections you will be given until you receive your documents.

For some locations Carnival air can be a good value but for most places it is cheaper or the same price booking your own air. Booking your own air gives you control of airline, flight times etc. so you really need to price things out to decide which is the better option for you.

Based on my experience (BEFORE air travel went to h***:mad: ) book own travel on cruises starting and ending in the same American port. You can usually save enough to get a room the night before.

Hint if you want frequent flyer miles or to pick a seat call the air line as soon as you get the paper work from the cruise line.

Can someone please tell me how it works. Do you have to pay upfront for the plane ticket. Do you think its useful to use this service or would it better to find my ow ticket. Anyone who has use this service before that can provide some much needed info.

Thank You!:cool:

I just added cruise air for our Sep 2009 Hawaii cruise, because you can't even book flights now for dates that far out. Adding it now locks me into today's cruise air price with Carnival. I did it only for "insurance" to guard against whatever might happen to flight cost between now and then. I will start checking flights/costs as soon as they become available, and if I can book flights of my choice at close to the same cost as the cruise air then I will cancel the cruise air.

I did not have to pay anything now to have cruise air added to my booking. All I've paid so far is the normal cruise deposit. If I stick with cruise air all the way until final payment date, it will be due at that time.

If you book air through Carnival it becomes part of your booking. You pay a deposit and the balance will be due at final payment. You will not know what airline or connections you will be given until you receive your documents.

For some locations Carnival air can be a good value but for most places it is cheaper or the same price booking your own air. Booking your own air gives you control of airline, flight times etc. so you really need to price things out to decide which is the better option for you.

Agreed. The other thing to remember is that Carnival air includes all transfers so when doing price comparisons make sure you are doing apples to apples.

From our neck of the woods I have always foudn cheaper airfare on my own and still book it on my own. I like to know what airline, connections, seats, etc right off the bat and not be surprised by a milk-run route - for example even if there is a non-stop you may end up going via another city. Our friends for example should have been able to fly nonstop on 3 different airlines, but instead were put on Northwest airlines via Detroit and Memphis. Yes, there was space on the non-stop at a reasonable rate.

One benefit of booking cruise air is that they will cover you should any delay occur, missing the cruise - they would fly you to the next port. If I am wrong or inaccurate, someone please correct me.

Thanks

I just added cruise air for our Sep 2009 Hawaii cruise, because you can't even book flights now for dates that far out. Adding it now locks me into today's cruise air price with Carnival. I did it only for "insurance" to guard against whatever might happen to flight cost between now and then. I will start checking flights/costs as soon as they become available, and if I can book flights of my choice at close to the same cost as the cruise air then I will cancel the cruise air.

I did not have to pay anything now to have cruise air added to my booking. All I've paid so far is the normal cruise deposit. If I stick with cruise air all the way until final payment date, it will be due at that time.

This is why I am tempted to do it I am not crusing until next july and with gas prices being raised like every five minutes. Who knows how much plane tickets will cost next year. I also liked the fact that I can pay on it over time versus paying up font.

Has anybody had any negative experiences?

When I booked my cruise (12 days!!!!) I originally booked Carnival's airfare in case I couldn't find a better rate. I did find a cheaper direct flight, so I booked it, and just cancelled my Carnival flight. The good thing is that you can cancel anything or any part of the trip up until the date your final payment is due with no problems.

A friend of mine on the same cruise booked her airfare through Carnival, and her ticket is nearly $100 more, going from a little regional airport to Cincinnati (which is less than an hour's drive from where we live) and then taking the same direct flight to Orlando. However, on the way back, she goes from Orlando to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Lexington, so it doesn't even guarantee that you'll take the same route back.

Hope this helps!

.....you haven't posted in a long time on the roll call for your upcoming cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631310

Come on back, enjoy the fun!

:D

wasiii

I had to for fo this cruise because of school that why I have not been back on the roll call I know you guys are going to have a blast. I won't be crusing until december so make sure you have a couple of dotd's for me.:confused:

When I booked my cruise (12 days!!!!) I originally booked Carnival's airfare in case I couldn't find a better rate. I did find a cheaper direct flight, so I booked it, and just cancelled my Carnival flight. The good thing is that you can cancel anything or any part of the trip up until the date your final payment is due with no problems.

A friend of mine on the same cruise booked her airfare through Carnival, and her ticket is nearly $100 more, going from a little regional airport to Cincinnati (which is less than an hour's drive from where we live) and then taking the same direct flight to Orlando. However, on the way back, she goes from Orlando to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Lexington, so it doesn't even guarantee that you'll take the same route back.

Hope this helps!

I helped I think I will add it to my booking just in case the prices are higher for next year. If by chance I don't find one at least I have one.

Archived