Orca Enterprises e-mail

elzapato

Does anyone have any hints or magic tricks that will get Orca to send an e-mail confirmation for their whale-watching trip? They did try to send it a few weeks ago but apparently mis-spelled our address and did call to get the correct information. We've e-mailed and called them several times since then but were only told on the phone that they were short staffed and "working on it". If we had only booked for ourselves I wouldn't be as concerned but we booked for others as well and need the confirmation. Has anyone else had this problem and found a successful way to get them to respond? I'm really getting frustrated! Is there a magic word to put in the "subject" line? Or a better day and time to call?

Does anyone have any hints or magic tricks that will get Orca to send an e-mail confirmation for their whale-watching trip? They did try to send it a few weeks ago but apparently mis-spelled our address and did call to get the correct information. We've e-mailed and called them several times since then but were only told on the phone that they were short staffed and "working on it". If we had only booked for ourselves I wouldn't be as concerned but we booked for others as well and need the confirmation. Has anyone else had this problem and found a successful way to get them to respond? I'm really getting frustrated! Is there a magic word to put in the "subject" line? Or a better day and time to call?

I booked for upcoming cruise and did not receive an email over a three week period and became concerned. I called and they told me the same - that they are very busy and that I will receive it. I booked on June 5th and received on July 28th and my tour is next week.

Hope that helps.

Like I have said in my posts on Orca Ent..VERY UNPROFESSIONAL..

After they failed to respond to me I called and finally talked to someone in their office and CANCELLED the whale watch..And when they kept 50 bucks of my deposit I took it to my credit card company who reimbursed me..

Kelly

Due to my early booking in January, I had no problem hearing back from them. I also called a few weeks ago to have my final payment billed to the credit card. I called on a Tues/Wed around noon their time and had no problem getting thru.

Keep trying! Good Luck!

Like I have said in my posts on Orca Ent..VERY UNPROFESSIONAL..

After they failed to respond to me I called and finally talked to someone in their office and CANCELLED the whale watch..And when they kept 50 bucks of my deposit I took it to my credit card company who reimbursed me..

Kelly

Frankly, you AGREED to this cancelation FEE when you booked, did you not???

If you have called/emailed, made your reservation, and made your deposit, you can be sure they have you on the list and confirmed. This is something they need to look further into, with the email confirmations. But, I haven't heard of people showing up and reservations not being in place??

I've gone with them so many times, I don't recall if I have always gotten confirmations?? But I always was on the boat, and my name on list for the tour.

When you call them, they confirm you have the booking???

FRANKLY NO....and they did not tell me..Then they tried to tell me it was on their web site but could not direct me to where it was listed..I never got an email or conformation letter and I cancelled 3 months before we cruised to Alaska..In fact I was told I would be fully refunded if I cancelled with in a certain amount of time which I did...It was their fault and they did not communicate terms and conditions properly..It was Orcas fault not mine..Maybe they were having a busy or bad day when I talked to them on the phone and all they had to do was refund me fully..They chose not to..SOO they have lost a customer..As you can see We are going back this year this time with a Party of 4..We booked our whale watch elsewhere and ORCA is out our business because of how they choose to run theirs..The company we have booked with has been awesome..IF I have a question they either email me or call me right back...Thats the way you run a business..KEEP THE CUSTOMER HAPPY..:) The company we have booked with is Adventures in Alaska http://www.whale-watch.biz/trip.htm

I dont think you have tried them yet...The boat we are going out on is smaller than what Orca provides and the price is very comparable..

Kelly

The company we have booked with has been awesome..IF I have a question they either email me or call me right back...Thats the way you run a business..KEEP THE CUSTOMER HAPPY..:) The company we have booked with is Adventures in Alaska http://www.whale-watch.biz/trip.htm

Hopefully their boat doesn't "404 - boat not found" on you, Kelly :D

Murray are you pulling my leg..:D..Just in case you are not try this link..

http://www.whale-watch.biz/scania.htm

I have downloaded your guide and we are all looking forward to our Skagway visit..

Their Web site was dead (404ing) the first few times I tried it - now it's up. I've seen some great reviews about Captain Jack, so I'm sure it'll be an excellent day.

We have sunshine and bloody cold (25F) this morning, so you'll get some good Fall colours when you come :)

Their Web site was dead (404ing) the first few times I tried it - now it's up. I've seen some great reviews about Captain Jack, so I'm sure it'll be an excellent day.

We have sunshine and bloody cold (25F) this morning, so you'll get some good Fall colours when you come :)

EXCELLENT!..Hopefully we will get some beautiful photos!

You also agree to good customer service. Right? I have spoke to the office twice and wasn't too impressed either time. DH told me to cancel, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt due to the great reviews I've read here. It would be interesting to know if they have new office staff.

I feel for you completely! Been in your shoes. :( When I called because my credit card had been charged and no confirmation, I was told it was noted an email was sent the day I booked. When I booked, the girl told me I wouldn't get a confirmation until 2-3 weeks out. Reluctantly they said they would resend it and verified my email. I also sent them an email with the title "RESERVATION CONFIRMATION" I have sinse gotten two confirmation emails. One in response to the call and one an answer to my email.

I felt fairly confident that we would have a spot on the boat. BUT, when you are planning something this big......for some of us a once in a life time experience...........you don't want to leave any room for error. In the excitement of planning and doing........you do mix up times. A paper confirmation helps relieve those anxieties. It also works as a reciept. I suppose you could bring your credit card bill.....but, why should you have to.

I feel for you completely! Been in your shoes. :( When I called because my credit card had been charged and no confirmation, I was told it was noted an email was sent the day I booked. When I booked, the girl told me I wouldn't get a confirmation until 2-3 weeks out. Reluctantly they said they would resend it and verified my email. I also sent them an email with the title "RESERVATION CONFIRMATION" I have sinse gotten two confirmation emails. One in response to the call and one an answer to my email.

I felt fairly confident that we would have a spot on the boat. BUT, when you are planning something this big......for some of us a once in a life time experience...........you don't want to leave any room for error. In the excitement of planning and doing........you do mix up times. A paper confirmation helps relieve those anxieties. It also works as a reciept. I suppose you could bring your credit card bill.....but, why should you have to.

Exactly..Planning a vacation is stressful enough why add to it..:) All of us should expect good business practices that include good customer communication...Not a bunch of lip service..

Kelly

I'd normally be concerned too, but Orca is one of the most written about operators around. I haven't heard of anyone showing up and not having a spot when their deposit was taken.

They're severely understaffed in the office dept, but seem to be able to handle the people they book just fine.

If you don't book them cuz they're so busy, I don't think it's that big a deal. Plenty of operators around. Orca is so busy, it's not like they're struggling for business. One of their biggest knocks is they're understaffed at the office. But since it's never been a problem and they seem to have the most reviews by far, it's up to the readers to decide whether or not it's a deal breaker.

I went with them precisely because they had so many reviews that I thought they were the safest bet. Yeah, the business office could have been better, but our trip ended up fine.

I also booked with Orca and received my e-mail confirmation in about 3 weeks. However, the date they had was incorrect, spelling of name, spelling of my town, etc. I called them, I guess it would be late morning, and had my reservation confirmed by phone. I plan on showing up on time and hopefully we'll have seats.

Karen

Archived