Cruise Review *** Rhapsody of the Seas *** October 10th - 17th 2004

sailyn

I have read on the other threads that for the first day only you could purchase a couple of bottles of liquor with a single $9.50 surcharge for on ship consumption. After that it is a $9.50 per bottle. Since you purchased your liquor on the second day is this the reason you were charged per bottle or are they now charging $9.50 per bottle on the first day also?

Sailyn:

WOW! Thanks so much for such a detailed review. We are leaving Sunday, and are coutning down the hours. We, too, are in a junior suite, so I appreciate the pictures. Do you remember what particular bar in Costa Maya had the white chaise lounge chairs that you show in one of the pictures? I'm pretty sure one has my name on it!

Thanks again.

Since you purchased your liquor on the second day is this the reason you were charged per bottle or are they now charging $9.50 per bottle on the first day also?
No, I talked to the clerk of the liquor store the first afternoon ... before the store was even open. Then I went back later when it was open just to make sure. The charge was $9.50 per bottle PERIOD! No first day special ... no two-fer or three-fer specials ... $9.50 PERIOD! Not to say that this week or next week the 'rules' will change. It almost seems that they charge their 'fee' at the whim of who ever is behind the counter. Most frustrating!!!

Sailyn:

Do you remember what particular bar in Costa Maya had the white chaise lounge chairs that you show in one of the pictures? I'm pretty sure one has my name on it!

LOL I'm not even sure the bar HAD a name, but I assure you ... you will have no trouble finding it. Just walk a few yards into town from where the taxi lets you off. It's a hut on the left. The beaches there were just gorgeous! I loved Costa Maya ... much better port than Grand Cayman!

I'm glad you enjoyed my review! :)

Mike

Thank you so much for your review and pictures. I can't wait until my cruise on the Rhapsody in March. Can you please tell me which deck the Internet cafe is on? I've looked at the deck plans and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

Sailyn,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm posting your thread in the Nov. 14 Rhapsody site for everyone to see. You did a wonderful job with the review. I can't wait to show my hubby what our suite will look like! I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Thanks Again,

Lynndpi:)

Can you please tell me which deck the Internet cafe is on? I've looked at the deck plans and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!
It's on the port side of the 8th deck. Glad you liked my review! :)

Mike

Leave it to Spikey to post a great review. I thought you were joking the first time about running out of lobster. That's just craziness. Mr Wolf counts on his surf and turf on lobster night.

Although I will be fine if we do Costa Maya, I am still hoping for Grand Cayman since I want to go snorkeling there.

We are so ready for this trip. Now if our jobs would settle, we won't get the flu and my family will stay healthy!!!!!!!

Actually it was surf and surf for us. We had shrimp and lobster. :) I'm ashamed to say I had three lobster tails! :p I shared one with Bonnie, so actually just had two and a half!

I would think that Grand Cayman will be back in business by the time you and Les cruise. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with Costa Maya if you end up going there though.

I know what you mean about staying healthy and your family staying healthy. We always worry about something cropping up at cruise time. We've always had insurance, but never needed it. I haven't taken any out on our next cruise ... yet! I probably will since I'm sort of a 'worry-wart'! :D

Glad you liked the review, Wolfie ... I posted it mainly for YOU! :) Did I answer all of your questions? I keep meaning to go back and find your post asking specific questions, but I haven't yet! ;)

Fabulous review! I loved reading all the details and viewing your photos along the way!

One question (okay, 2 really): I enjoyed the photo of you having cocktails in your cabin. Do you order these from Room Service or do you get them at a bar and then bring them back? If you get them from Room Service, can you get any cocktail you want or is there a limited selection to choose from? Just wondering... It sure looks like fun to have pre-dinner cocktails in your suite! :D

I'm so glad to hear that you all enjoyed my review! :) Thanks!

I'm not sure about ordering cocktails from room service. We asked the bartender in the Schooner bar for a couple of martini glasses and mixed them up in the room. I even brought my mini shaker and 'spray vermouth'. ;) I fear we're spoiled now .... I don't know if we can stand an inside room again! ;)

Mikey,

Great review. It's just like we remembered it. Without the suite and bottles of booze in our cabin of course. Although, we did have a large bottle of wine just in case we needed it. Looking forward to the TINI cruise and maybe, just maybe, one before just to warm up. By the way, a Cat J is not all that bad.

Gary and Sandy

Mikey,

By the way, a Cat J is not all that bad.

Gary and Sandy

Glad you liked the review, Gary and Sandy. Cat J is what we are booked in for the April cruise! I'm sure we'll like is just fine. Just being on the ship is plenty good enough! ;) We'll just have to hang out at the pool more this time.

M

heh heh heh ... I wondered if Sandy would notice! ;) Tell her I'll be back to JD as soon as Halloween passes. We are having a 'costume party' over on the virtual cruise! :D you and Sandy should join us! Hey ... if you can't be on a 'real cruise' a virtual cruise is next best! (link in footer)

Archived