Beaches in Huatulco

2morrow

• 2 weeks later...
Does any one know if you can rent chairs and umbrellas in La Entrega Beach or Maguey Bay in Huatulco?

we have done two land vacations to Huatulco... we love it!

Yes you can rent both chairs and umbrellas at both beaches. As soon as you set foot on the beach someone will be there to help you. When we were at Entrega beach we just picked a spot and paid the guy. At Maguey beach we ate at a restaurant and used their chairs and lounges free.

Enjoy it is beautiful there

well they are similar in beauty -- Entegra had very good snorkeling, and Mageuy was a little more waves, but I was told by everyone we saw that that is very rare. Mageuy was much quieter. But it also had fewer restaurant/bars too.

I am sure you will love either one. There are so many beaches here, and they are all beautiful.

they are both rather close, maybe 5 to 10 min taxi.

Santa Cruze where the ship docks is very small, but really if you want to walk around a nice town to La Crucicita (5 min taxi) away... it is a small town but represents a nice Mexican town.

The beaches are beautiful there, you can get a very reasonably priced meal and a nice day of relaxation.

I've seen the tours to the bay that the ships offer... and personally I would never take one of them... they are usually very very crowded and you just don't stay in one bay for very long. I would go to one of the bays by taxi adn really enjoy it.

We were there on Island Princess last spring and took the ship's catamaran excursion that cruised the various bays. We sat on the top deck way up in front and the views were gorgeous. It was a great way to get an overview of the area, but next time we would definitely go to one of those lovely beaches for the day. There is a small beach at the end of the dock and a big square there with shops all around. Time was short at this port, so we didn't get into the little town a few minutes away. Love this port and wish West Coast cruises would add it to an itinerary in place of Mazatlan or another of the more regularly scheduled stops. Seems a 10-day cruise from San Diego could make this possible.

• 6 months later...

I'm looking for a lovely beach....maybe a day pass at an all inclusive? Beach chair, umbrella, eats, drinks, nice water, maybe some snorkeling or other water activities, beach massage?

Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

The beach right off the pier is nice. Not posh but nice. The beach is speckled with chairs and umbrellas for rent to keep you nice and cool. If that isn't enough shade, just a few paces off the beach are numerous bars and restaurants with waters edge views that will keep your glass filled and fans keeping you cool overhead.

There are some jet sky rentals, but be advised that you can jet sky near the ships.

Nice quiet sleepy fishing village that is about to explode with the condos being built up on the hill.

If you are bored, grab a cab for about $3 and wonder into the town. More shops and eats.

The main trinket are these lovely brightly hand painted clay objects (bowls and the like) and the famous black clay sculptures. Very inexpensive...just ask them to pack them well for travel.:D

Archived