AA Luggage Rules

MizzCard

I decided to do a last minute 5 day cruise outta Miami. I'm also gambling and doing almost the unthinkable and flying down the day of sailing. Booked the earliest, direct flight. I know AA charges $15 for the 1st checked bag. I've checked and don't seem to find anything that states if we could possibly pay that fee prior to check-in. Please share any info :)

Q.Where can I pay for my checked baggage?

A.At Curbside Check-in with a credit card

At a Self-Service Check-In machine – with a credit card

At the ticket counter with cash, check or credit card

c.gif

Apparently, you can't pay this in advance. It's right on AA's webpage, the first page, under updated checked bag policies.

I agree that I have not heard that you could pre-pay luggage. Look how many folks change their minds at the last minute about cutting out one piece or adding more baggage. Would just be confusing and time consuming, I think. I am concerned that you are flying in the day of. You are right...it is a gamble....and right now....the odds are stacked against you. Of the 3 flights with American that my kids have taken in the last month.....all have been delayed....and some as much as 6 hour delays....out of St. Thomas, out of Miami, out of DFW, out of Battle Creek......and my AA flights RT from DFW to Vancouver has had one minor and one major change already.....still 4 wks out. Right now, I believe AA is cutting a lot of flights and just having a lot of delays. I know they are working very hard to correct this......but flying the day of a cruise.....I think is a real No No :eek: . Can you possibly fly in at least the day before. gb

If you KNOW you will have a bag to check, it would make sense to be able to pre-purchase a luggage voucher. When you check in on-line for your flight and are given the option of upgrading to a "better" seat, you could also pre-pay for your luggage then. The info would be on your boarding pass. All you would have to do is show it to the luggage agent and you're set. It would speed up the process.

If you KNOW you will have a bag to check, it would make sense to be able to pre-purchase a luggage voucher. When you check in on-line for your flight and are given the option of upgrading to a "better" seat, you could also pre-pay for your luggage then. The info would be on your boarding pass. All you would have to do is show it to the luggage agent and you're set. It would speed up the process.

Some airlines will allow you to prepay; just not AA at this time.

Q.Where can I pay for my checked baggage?

A.At Curbside Check-in with a credit card

At a Self-Service Check-In machine – with a credit card

At the ticket counter with cash, check or credit card

c.gif

Apparently, you can't pay this in advance. It's right on AA's webpage, the first page, under updated checked bag policies.

I swear I checked *L* Must've over looked..Thanks tho!!

I agree that I have not heard that you could pre-pay luggage. Look how many folks change their minds at the last minute about cutting out one piece or adding more baggage. Would just be confusing and time consuming, I think. I am concerned that you are flying in the day of. You are right...it is a gamble....and right now....the odds are stacked against you. Of the 3 flights with American that my kids have taken in the last month.....all have been delayed....and some as much as 6 hour delays....out of St. Thomas, out of Miami, out of DFW, out of Battle Creek......and my AA flights RT from DFW to Vancouver has had one minor and one major change already.....still 4 wks out. Right now, I believe AA is cutting a lot of flights and just having a lot of delays. I know they are working very hard to correct this......but flying the day of a cruise.....I think is a real No No :eek: . Can you possibly fly in at least the day before. gb

Believe me, I'm not practicing what I preach (bad Donna) Like I said, it's a last minute cruise, and since I'm cruising again just three weeks after,(flying in 2 days prior) I don't have the vacation time :( Gotta do what I gotta do! Thanks for the concern :)

Archived