Any 2010 Brides!!!!!!

It appears that TWE has gotten alot better recently so I am sure your day will go smoothly. I think the best advice that I have received here is to make sure you double and triple check all paperwork before you sign it and KEEP COPIES of EVERY PIECE of COORESPONDANCE with them! Happy planning!

Barbie

I'm another to add to the list of 2010 brides! We are in the middle of planning, and haven't figured out all the kinks yet - but this is the fun part right! As you can see I am a newbie to this site, I have never cruised before, but my fiance has nothing but wonderful comments to say when it comes to his cruise experiences - so I think we're going to cruise for our honeymoon. There is so much to learn! Thank goodness our date is June 26, 2010 - it gives us enough time to research!

Hey everyone. Congrats! I actually got married May of this year(2008) sailing on Carnival destiny out of San Juan. My actual wedding was held in St. Thomas on Lime Tree Beach(although I think they may also call it Bluebeards now). I just wanted it simple and easy so I went with the cruiseship planning. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Hey everyone. Congrats! I actually got married May of this year(2008) sailing on Carnival destiny out of San Juan. My actual wedding was held in St. Thomas on Lime Tree Beach(although I think they may also call it Bluebeards now). I just wanted it simple and easy so I went with the cruiseship planning. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Can you tell us how it all went? Did you like going thru RCI? How was the beach? Did you go back to the ship for a reception? How many people came along with you? Any pictures? Sorry for so many questions...but would love to hear every detail!

Well when my husband popped the question, I of course started planning right away. But after seeing all the stress and money we would be going through, I decided to heck with it and lets just get married on a cruise! So my first stop was the cruise book to pic out a ship that I liked and went to places that I wanted to see. I then called carnival and arranged it with them. They handle their weddings through Royal Ocean Events. I can't really say I was thrilled with their communication though. And the fact that you lack alot of choices is a little frustrating. Like you can't ick what flowers you want or colors or anything. Everytime I called my planner was never there and never called back. They seem to do everything through e-mails. But in the end, everything I asked for was there and well done. If you're not real picky about specifics then they are great.

I only wanted something small so we had a total of 9 people(11 if you count us). The beach was gorgeous. I couldn't have picked a better location. We chose to get married in the grassy part overlooking the water b/c the sand and sun were so hot. We took pictures afterwards on the beach though. All in all it was a great day! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.

Oh, and I'm not on my home computer right now so I can't post any pics, but if you go the the 2009 brides page there are some links posted there of my pics. On the last page I beleive.

Oh, I forgot, we didn't have a reception on the ship. We actually did the cake and champagne and all the dancing right there on the beach. We hired a steel drum player who was awesome and danced and enjoyed ourselves there for a bit before returning back to the ship where they took more pics of us around the boat.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter is a 2010 bride. We will most likely set sail on an RCCL cruise to Bermuda. Still very early planning. Just Melissa's fiancee and I know about her Christmas engagement! But she has been dreaming of marrying in Bermuda since our mother/daughter cruise last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Friesianhorse022,

We are using Debra at Fantasia Weddings. So far everything as been great. We actually saw her perform a wedding last year when we were there and loved it.!!!!!! The website is fantasiaweddings.com or #800-326-8272.....They have a few locations that they perform the weddings in. We chose Emerald Beach since it is so pretty and not crowded at all. It is almost like not to make people know about it. There were five ships in that day and we were not sitting on top of anyone. Hope this helps and Good Luck!!!!

we also got married by Debra almost 3 years ago on emerald beach, it's absolutly stunning, and we were really happy with everything. But just as a BTW, make sure you go through how to pronounce your names with her, she got mine wrong the whole way through the vows. i would of understood if she got hubbys wrong, as his isn't exactly common, but mines not hard, 5 little letters! even though i said it pointedly when i repeated the vows, it was still wrong every time. nothing to be too upset about, we laugh about it now!! but what to do now except get re-married for the 3rd time!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We will be renewing our wedding vows in 2010 , just a small intimate ceremony by the waterfall, we had such a wonderful time and a great experience that we are using the same coordintaor who did our wedding back in 2006 ( TWJ- Almarie-Tropical Weddings Jamaica) she is amazing to work with and responds very quickly to emails, its almost like you're her only bride with the attention you receive, I am so happy we decided to do this again and cant wait, its like getting married all over, this time we plan to fly and will be staying at Royal Plantation for the week.

Ok-I can finally officially post on this thread now! We are booked for Oasis of the Seas sailing 10/23/2010. Wow-that seems soooooo far away! Thankfully I have a friend getting married in Mexico this May, so I've been distracted by helping her w/ her planning! I've contacted both Janelle Scott and Leslie from Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. Both seem great-I have no clue as to which one to go thru! Eithe way, Congrats to everyone and let the countdowns begin! :)

We are getting married on March 2, 2010 At Magen's Bay Beach in St. Thomas. We are sailing on the Carnival Dream with 20 to 30 friends.We are using Angela & Maria from Paradise Bridal Consultants. They have been great so far, As posted in this thread earlier St. Thomas seems to have quite a few great Bridal/Wedding Consultants. We looked at three and ended up signing a contract with Paradise Bridal because they only do one wedding per day, and looking at different pictures of different weddings in St. Thomas locations and wedding set-up we liked Paradise Bridal the best. We are just having cake and drinks on the Beach after the wedding ceremony, and live Steel Pan Music and than all eating dinner back on the ship...I am so excited !!!

Ok-I can finally officially post on this thread now! We are booked for Oasis of the Seas sailing 10/23/2010. Wow-that seems soooooo far away! Thankfully I have a friend getting married in Mexico this May, so I've been distracted by helping her w/ her planning! I've contacted both Janelle Scott and Leslie from Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. Both seem great-I have no clue as to which one to go thru! Eithe way, Congrats to everyone and let the countdowns begin! :)

OK I just have a question. I am just a lurker on this board as my niece is getting married June 2010 and they are just wanting to take a honeymoon on a cruise to the Caribbean. My question is...how did you already get that booked if their info (itinerary etc) isn't even out til about May of this year?

They are not sure which cruiseline to go with. I personally have been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Princess and by far Carnival was my least favorite. Seems way more kids on Carnival. Not really what you want on a honeymoon in my opinion, although, I know there will be kids on ALL the ships especially in June. They also like the idea of "anytime dining" and not having to sit with anyone in the dining room. Good Luck to all brides!

• 3 weeks later...
Our date is May 22, 2010...

How do you make the long time pass :(

I want it to be tomorrow!!

Congrats!! I am fairly new to this site so I dont know if i am posting this correctly but I feel you! My wedding is going to be in california on jan. 23 2010 and I cant wait!!!....the honeymoon is my most favorite part b/c i luv cruises...I need to figure out how to use this site and put up all my prior and future cruisin details lol!!! have you decided where you want to go?

congrats to all of you getting married; its a exciting time. I wrote a thread on which cruise line is best in your opinions and no one replied, anyone on this thread want to give a opinion? Im trying to pick which would be fun and romantic...any thoughts?

P.A. (Pam)

The itineraries for the Oasis are out for that time already. I don't know if it's because it's a new ship that they have the dates that far out, but either way, our TA has a block of rooms for our friends and family (We're expecting ~75 people so far! We'll see as we get closer how many people actually book) Good luck to your neice! :)

Kim

Archived