Have we been upgraded??

ozcaz

Hi All

Just got our booking number for our cruise out of Rome on 12th November.

Went online to prebook some tours and it had our information for our cruise. eg names etc

We booked an inside room and on our page it says a large outside cabin on deck two and gives us the room number.

Trying not to get excited, as this is what we wanted, but at an extra cost of approximately $2000 for our 4 week cruise we couldnt afford it.

What do you all think.

Thanks

Caz

It certainly sounds as if the Upgrade Fairy has smiled your way!

Do call RCI to confirm; don't wait for your docs to come in the mail.

Enjoy this trip--we've been looking at it from afar for a long, long time. It's quite an exciting itinerary--about as exotic as RCI gets!

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Going from inside to any outside cabin is always an upgrade. Deck two on many ships have a porthole not a picture window. You may want to look at the deck plans to see what you have. It's always nice to have natural daylight and will enhance your cruise.

We are in connecting rooms. Will they ever upgrade HALF of a party without telling us? I always assumed someone would call and ask if we wanted to upgrade, but it sounds like it just happens What if one does NOT want an upgrade? Do I have to spell it out on my reservation or is this a given when reservations are linked together?

If your reservations are not linked then you could be split up by an upgrade. Happened to me on my very first cruise - I got the upgraded cabin, though! Have your TA or travel planner at RCCL make note of linked reservations and if you do not want to change cabins they can indicate that as well.

We are in connecting rooms. Will they ever upgrade HALF of a party without telling us? I always assumed someone would call and ask if we wanted to upgrade, but it sounds like it just happens What if one does NOT want an upgrade? Do I have to spell it out on my reservation or is this a given when reservations are linked together?

Yes you can put a "DO NOT UPGRADE" request on your reservations.

Hi All,

We are trying to remain calm about the possibility of the upgrade. If this cruise is like our last one our docs dont come out until about two weeks before we leave. So we wait and see. Dont want to hassle our TA about it. We have driven her crazy with our pre/post cruise plans.

Someone said they cant see our cruise. Its a charter by the TA. Mainly aimed at Australians.

We are so excited about this cruise. The ports of call are wonderful. I only have 6 weeks of work left, then on vacation until early January. Yeeahhh!

Thank you all for your replies.

Caz

Don't get too excited about being on Deck 2, sorry :( Are you willing to post your new cabin #? If you are in the way front of the ship you will hear the anchor going up and down, you will also have a long journey to the public areas and a long wait for the elevators.

With that said, I hope you have a wonderful cruise :D

###

Hi Phoneix

Our new room number is 2548.

Close to the elevators.

Its funny what some see as a problem others dont mind.

Last cruise we had an inside room on Caranival on deck 4.

Everytime we came into port there was this loud noise. Think was the rudders?? That was my wake up call. jump out of bed and go up on deck to see where we were and what it looked like. I was gratefull for it lol

Caz

Hi Phoneix

Close to the elevators.

Everytime we came into port there was this loud noise. Think was the rudders?? That was my wake up call. jump out of bed and go up on deck to see where we were and what it looked like. I was gratefull for it lol

Caz

I would say you got a great location! You're near the Centrum elevators, midship, and the Legend is easy to get around. Plus when you look out your window, you'll see the ocean blue!!

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

PS The loud noises coming into port were probably the bow or stern thrusters. :)

Hi Phoneix

Close to the elevators.

Caz

LOL Caz, I don't appreciate early morning wake-up calls;) :D I was afraid that you were assigned cabin 2000 -- near the elevator is so much better! Nice upgrade :)

###

Archived