What to wear on formal night??!!

Saylor

I know you all have been asked before; but is a suit acceptable attire for a formal night? My husband does not like tuxedos. He has very nice suits and before I book my cruise on the Celebrity Century (January 8, 2005), I would like to clear this matter up. By the way, is anyone else going on that cruise? Or if anyone has been, do you have anymore tips for me? Thanks!!!

Very much acceptable. In fact, you will find that at least 1/2 of the men are in suits.

I'm not on your cruise, but when I saw you were sailing on the Century, I thought to myself "Lucky dog!" You will love this ship and have a wonderful time!:D :D :D

Garry

Your DH will feel very comfortable and appropriate in a suite on a Century formal night. Book it and enjoy. We hope to book on Century again as it is one of our favorite ships so far. Say so far because there are still so many cruise lines we've yet to travel and so many more ships to try before we're finished with comparisons. We just remember what we like and know what we would relive again and the Century is definitely at the top of our list.

SAYLOR -

I was surprised by the relative lack of tuxes, and overall more casual dress than I expected on our last Century cruise. A suit would be perfect for your husband. As for the women, it really is anything goes - I've seen everything from a ball gown and diamonds to a linen shift and flip flops on formal night. I like the excuse to break out the dressy stuff, but not everyone considers that fun! Just be neat & tidy with a little style and a smile and you will fit right in.

Have a great trip - I see from your response to my old post that we will be neighbors on Jan 8!

My wife on both of our Celebrity cruises wore dresses to all formal nights. Spent a lot of time picking them out and looked very nice. The last one was an attractive black dress with a beaded jacket. As for me, I thought about tuxes too confining, but, wound up with a gray suit for one night and a blue sportscoat and slacks for the others. There were various levels of dress for the formal nights from elegant dinner dresses and gowns to pants suits for women and tuese to sports coats for men. It's really up to you but formal is definitely the call.

Celebrity Summit - Western Caribbean - April 2004

Celebrity Millenium - Eastern Caribbean - Jan 2003

Archived