Aft cabins on the Zuiderdam

Majika

Hi,

We are considering a cruise in July on the Zuiderdam. The cabins at the back of the ship look awesome. My question is this: are those decks public or private? and if they are private are they separated by any kind of partition? and can the partition be opened to allow 2 rooms the same deck access?

Thanks

Patty

Not quite sure what you are saying here

My question is this: are those decks public or private?
but if you are asking if the deck(s) above can see into those balconies, yes they can. Although each balcony is partly covered by the deck above so there is some privacy. And, yes, the partitions can be opened to allow you to walk between balconies of adjoining cabins. Just ask your cabin steward to unlock them for you.

Check out this for your answer :

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/zuiderdam.htm CLICK ON CANDY's pics

Plenty of pictures from others too.

We booked an aft suite for our 1st trip in february 05'...

From what Pics I've seen there is plenty of privacy from your neighbors but not from the people above, but I've heard it hasn't been a problem... :) :)

Sounds like your question might be is your balcony your own private balcony that isn't open to anyone else. And yes it is just yours to enjoy..And yes there are partitions between the cabins next to you that can be partially opened if you and the people next to you both want. We've been back there 3 times so far on the Zuiderdam with the 4th time coming up in about a month. Obviously we like it back there and I'm still amazed at the size of the balconies. Hope this helps Bob

Go for it! Just came off the Big "Z" a few weeks ago and loved it. Had stateroom 6165 with an aft balcony and can not wait to go on it again. Private balcony with full size dividers, which the last few feet can be opened if you know the people next door. We ate breakfast on the balcony every day, and I enjoyed a cigar with a good port every night before bed "out back" every evening. As far as privacy goes, the folks with on the decks above you can see into most of your veranda, but you do get some good rays if that is your thing. I have a great photo of the the sun setting over the carribean from our veranda that I now use as wall paper on my computer at work and at home. Excellent view, much better than a side balcony.

All the aft balconies can be seen from the aft pool. But HAL passangers seem to be more mature. Not in age, but in the way they act. There were no unruley guests on the 10/16 Zui. cruise. Also the balconies right next to the outside lifts can be seen. Rick

Deck 8 wake balconies are almost completely covered.

All the aft balconies can be seen from the aft pool. But HAL passangers seem to be more mature. Not in age, but in the way they act. There were no unruley guests on the 10/16 Zui. cruise. Also the balconies right next to the outside lifts can be seen. Rick

Thanks everyone for the helpful information. We were considering the navigation deck just because we like to be on the upper decks anyhow. There are 3 families going so we should be have quite a large deck area with all the partitions opened.

Thanks again

We just booked an aft balcony again on the Westerdam for next December. I have gotten a ton of questions about the view since I started using the sunset photo off of our Zuiderdam balcony as my wallpaper on my computer at work. Even my wife agreed that we should book an aft balcony any chance we got as she enjoyed it as much as I did.

We will be booking aft verandas on all future Vista class sailings if available.

Archived