New teeth in liqour policy?

boatdrinks

Come to SW Florida. Cheap booze, no income tax, cheap property tax. My vodka is LESS than $10 for a good bottle. Works out to about 65 cents for a 2 oz drink. Mixed with NCL's OJ or my lemonade packets it's good. I should pay NCL $7-8 + tip each? No thanks, I'll take a chance smuggling. BTW, do you work for NCL?

No, but I have often wished I did, I bet I would make more money than I do as a TA!!!lol

Well Florida and I would not fit even though our younger daughter lives in Orlando, you got a lot going for you. Fl is clean, pretty, no income tax and nice people: what I couldn't life with: tourists everywhere, hurricane threats, and high property values..Love to visit though!!!!!

Nita

>>>>>It may sound like a lot, but break it down and you will see it really isn't much at all.<<<<<

I broke it down. When I can buy the same bottle in my local liquor store for less than $10? No wonder people smuggle on NCL.

That's my issue exactly. I saw Baileys 1.75 L in duty free in Montreal priced at 2 for $40. The ship wants to sell you a 1L (smaller) bottle for $60.

Grey Goose - either $80 or $100 on NCL, where I can buy that for about $35. Malibu - $26 for me, $60 on the ship.

If they tacked on $15 or so on top of what I pay - and you had better believe the liquor store is making money at that price - I'd have no problems. But considering that NCL buys in bulk, and pays much less than I pay per bottle, and still marks it up 300 or 400%???? At least buy me dinner if you're going to take advantage of me. lol

Aside from the exorbitant prices, if I want Bailey's a few nights, but maybe rum and coke other nights, there's no way I can drink all that and I can't take the bottles home (I don't want to put open bottles in my checked bag and risk breakage, and I can't carry them on).

Archived