New teeth in liqour policy?

boatdrinks

I don't know, maybe since you typed "when you ask derogitory (sic) comments like "Carnihell":confused: :confused: "

If you perceived a word to be derogatory you must be at least offended by it. Most others would read it in the humorous tone it was intended. Don't worry about it.... I certainly don't

I ONLY WRITE IN CAPS FOR YOU CHARLIE! YOU ARE MY CAPS LOCK FELLOW! :D ;) YOU AND HOCKEYPAPA.... THE ALL CAPS GUY. ( LOL!)

FWIW better is often equated with more expensive because usually its just the fact. If you want top service and food on a vacation, motel six and McD's isn't it. NCL does a good job, but as a fan I understand that there is a trade off.

My Honda Civic is a nice car, but a Rolls will turn more heads.

Thank you for pointing out my spelling error. Oh, BTW from the community guidelines:

Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Thank you for pointing out my spelling error. Oh, BTW from the community guidelines:

Following the logic of "pricier is better" the rum and coke that I pay $5 for on the ship is then better than the one I make with smuggled boozeLOL:rolleyes: (which is actually related to the original topic).

Charlie

Yes, sorry about the (sic) I am actually a bad speller myself and thanked my lucky stars when spell check came out.... I copied and pasted and the spell check flagged it. I should have left it at that but didn't and I am sorry... I meant nothing by it. I didn't actually know it was against the guidelines....

I don't know when I have had a better R&C than when friends we traveled south with gathered on our balcony a few cruises ago and sampled the local island rum we'd just bought when we cruised the Crown princess last January. No way a bar mixed off the shelf rum could compete....

FWIW we always buy a bar set-up on Norwegian. Just wish they were a bit less stringent when it came to bringing "samples" back while we traveled. To us it's a nice part of the trip and enjoying paradise.

Yes, sorry about the (sic) I am actually a bad speller myself and thanked my lucky stars when spell check came out.... I copied and pasted and the spell check flagged it. I should have left it at that but didn't and I am sorry... I meant nothing by it. I didn't actually know it was against the guidelines....

I don't know when I have had a better R&C than when friends we traveled south with gathered on our balcony a few cruises ago and sampled the local island rum we'd just bought when we cruised the Crown princess last January. No way a bar mixed off the shelf rum could compete....

FWIW we always buy a bar set-up on Norwegian. Just wish they were a bit less stringent when it came to bringing "samples" back while we traveled. To us it's a nice part of the trip and enjoying paradise.

As far as spelling, no problem. I am spelling challenged and keep http://www.spellcheck.net open when I am composing for work or even here:p I use it more than the spellcheck feature so that I can hopefully learn to spell better in my handwritten communications. The little bell in my brain didn't go off for that on so I didn't check it.

As with all purchases you have to weigh the personal value. For me, a $2 ice cold Salva Vida at the Blind Tiger in Roatan while watching the sunset is worth more than a dinner at Ruth's Chris'.

2090695509_d7bcfafb23.jpg

It would be great if the lines would let you BYOB. But, they won't. So, the debate continues.

Charlie

As far as spelling, no problem. I am spelling challenged and keep http://www.spellcheck.net open when I am composing for work or even here:p I use it more than the spellcheck feature so that I can hopefully learn to spell better in my handwritten communications. The little bell in my brain didn't go off for that on so I didn't check it.

As with all purchases you have to weigh the personal value. For me, a $2 ice cold Salva Vida at the Blind Tiger in Roatan while watching the sunset is worth more than a dinner at Ruth's Chris'.

2090695509_d7bcfafb23.jpg

It would be great if the lines would let you BYOB. But, they won't. So, the debate continues.

Charlie

GOd I didn't know about spellcheck.net. If anyone ever needed it, I certainly do....

GOd I didn't know about spellcheck.net. If anyone ever needed it, I certainly do....
Nita

I'd rather learn than have a program do everything for me so it's one of my favorite sites:D I found it about a year ago and I spell the word first in my composition then cut and paste to check. I get a lot less corrections now than I did when I started.

:cool: I HAVE NOT SEEN MUCH ON THE BOARDS ABOUT THE PART IN OZ ROOM. COUNTING THE DAYS UNTIL IT HAPPENES. HEY OZ WILL I HAVE TO BOOK BACK TO BACK CRUISES BECAUSE THE PARTY WILL STILL BE GOING ON:p

That ship has sailed.. you missed the party.. oh well, maybe next time.

This thread is getting wild!

I was looking, because I had the same questions, as this is my first cruise. I drink lightly and am not a millionaire. $4 bucks for a beer plus tip, almost $5 a beer.. I'm not sitting at the bar all night! Mixed drinks at $7-8 or more.. I don't see how people do it.

There is a couple locally here, that is going along on the cruise with us, 25 total going this Saturday to HI, and they had a $1900 incidentals/bar bill when they got off the ship a couple years ago.. That blows my mind..

I am not "buying a round" as evidently they did many times! Probably playing the "big player" game.

dan

Conservative,... bordering on cheap!

This thread is getting wild!

I was looking, because I had the same questions, as this is my first cruise. I drink lightly and am not a millionaire. $4 bucks for a beer plus tip, almost $5 a beer.. I'm not sitting at the bar all night! Mixed drinks at $7-8 or more.. I don't see how people do it.

There is a couple locally here, that is going along on the cruise with us, 25 total going this Saturday to HI, and they had a $1900 incidentals/bar bill when they got off the ship a couple years ago.. That blows my mind..

I am not "buying a round" as evidently they did many times! Probably playing the "big player" game.

dan

Conservative,... bordering on cheap!

Drink beer at $22 for 6 or smuggle or get ripped off or don't drink. You decide.:rolleyes:

On the cruises i been on on the night before you get off people get pages and pages and pages of bills from the bar / drinks. Its crazy. Most of the drinks are watered down.

Finally! A fellow truth-speaker! And look at this poster's cruise history- I think he/she knows!!

Finally! A fellow truth-speaker! And look at this poster's cruise history- I think he/she knows!!
Ooops. Didn't realize that the number and frequency of cruises counted.

We took our 1st in December of 2002. Cruise #24 coming up next month.

Charlie

(The Perpetual Thorn In The Side:D )

Ooops. Didn't realize that the number and frequency of cruises counted.

We took our 1st in December of 2002. Cruise #24 coming up next month.

Charlie

(The Perpetual Thorn In The Side:D )

You just love to stir it up, eh Charlie? Hey, good for you. It's all good.:p Next time we are on the Star, let me buy you an $8.95 smoothie. Be my pleasure!!:D

:D I am amazed at the volume of feedback on this little thread..I guess I hit a nerve...it has been enjoyable reading them and watching the views number go higher and higher..its like the "# of hamburgers sold" sign at McDonald's. Thanks for the fun!!:D

Just came back from a 4-nighter on the SKY. Took on 2, 3-litre boxes of wine and a couple of rum-runners of vodka in carry-ons. Bar bill? ZERO!

ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!! This is the Captain speaking!! We require ALL posters to please don their flame-resistant suits and be ready for some very fiery weather!!!:D

Just came back from a 4-nighter on the SKY. Took on 2, 3-litre boxes of wine and a couple of rum-runners of vodka in carry-ons. Bar bill? ZERO!

yep and this is exactly why so many of us pay so much for drinks on ships...

Sorry, I find this totally out of bounds. I can buy the 1 box of wine for your cabin but not what you did.

Nita

Usually we cruise on 'other cruise lines", most of which have more realistic and adult ways of dealing with carry on beverages. Generally they don't care.

When ever we visit ports, especially in the Caribbean, watching NCL cruise passengers fill up water bottles and such with booze before they re-boarded their ship at various ports always elicited the same comments from anyone not sailing NCL who witnessed it.

Losers.

Not because the NCL passengers were decanting but because NCL made them stoop to it.

Maybe they just meant losers because they were basically unreformed drug addicts.

Matches your honesty quotient. Cheers for your liver.

Matches your honesty quotient. Cheers for your liver.

Fin, I like the way you put that, I was wondering about 2, 3 liter boxes of wine plus the vodka on a short cruise. I love my wine, hubby loves his scotch, even the 3 liters of wine is about all we would drink on a 3 or 4 day cruise, maybe a little more, but not much...and I am sure my liver was in better condition 20 years ago than today...LOL

When NCL gets realistic with their booze policy and prices, they will eliminate the need to smuggle. When I cruise on Princess, they have realistic prices and sell liquor which can be used in the room at reasonable prices. Princess does NOT hassle you about wine when boarding like NCL does, hence, no need to smuggle. If you "holier than thou" NCL cheerleaders wish to defend NCL and their prices and booze policy, so be it. I prefer to drink on my balcony and refuse to pay NCL's prices. You may wish to pay, I don't and won't. Flame away, I'll laugh.

Archived