New teeth in liqour policy?

boatdrinks

I am totally confused. if we bring in wine to have in our room there is not corkage fee, right? However, where would put a box of wine or a large bottle when one only has those mini fridges . Don’t open bottle of wine need to be kept refrigerated? I was thinking of bringing small individual servings of wine However, If miniature bottles of hard liquor aren’t allowed Maybe miniature bottles of wine aren’t either Anyone KNOW? DO NOT JUMP ALL OVER ME. I am not looking to break the rules, just follow them to my advantage do not cheat on my taxes, yet take advantage of every allowable deduction. I look at this as the same thing.

I bring one of those soft sided mini coolers (even like lunch bag size), keep it filled with ice, put the wine in and you are all set. I like my wine cold, but no ice and sorry Oz I could not handle to mix it with anything. Although it is funny but I remember many years ago my mom and I used to make "wine coolers" with some type of heavy dark red wine (forgot the name of it) and mixed it with tonic water or ginger ale. But that was before they came out with what they now call wine coolers.

Although it is funny but I remember many years ago my mom and I used to make "wine coolers" with some type of heavy dark red wine (forgot the name of it)

That was probably Lambrusco... a heavy red wine on the sweet side, almost as sweet as sangria.

I Love this posting, it is going viral soon. :)

I recently saw a blog on the net for secrets

for smuggling booze on a ship.

The Top "Ten" Ways to smuggle booze.

1- Get your old cough medicine bottles out,

empty them and use food coloring to make

it look like medicine.

2-Get Fleet enema bottles and fill them up

If anyone asks tell them its "Doctors" orders. :)

3-Go to a costume shop and get the fake boobs,

and giant tummies and huge butts.

Tape baggies of booze under them and they will

be too bizzy laughing at you to check you out...

4-Like superman, encase your alcohol in lead

casing, not even Superman will see your "Stash"...

5-Get a wooden leg and fill it up. Tell them your bringing

it to a needy child on the Islands. So thoughtful.

6-Put pinholes in soda cans, then fill them back up.

7-Bring ziplock double seal baggies, and put them along

the lining of your suitcase with tinfoil along the liner.

8-Bribe the Security guard, slap him a quick twenty when you shake his hand... :)

9-Wear Dr. Scoll's Gellin' pads in your shoes, filled with

you know what.

10- Hell, Just bring a big case of liquor with you and get busted, at least they'll know your gonna party soon!

Again I love this post, its a riot! Thanks to everyone

who has made it so enjoyable.

Some of the posts are really hysterical. :)

Will NCL soon be giving Breathalizer tests for

folks coming back from Carlos and Charlies?

We love watching the "Sober" ones be carried back to

the ship... Its better than some of the shows! :)

May your Seas be flat,

And Your Tummies be fat...

Take care,

The Moore Clan

Tampa Bay!

I am going to be calling in serveral final payments tomorrow, I think I will ask about the no corkage fee and see what they say.

Nita

They are going to laugh :D . Just because one person did not pay corkage on one box of wine it has turned into a change in policy. Nita you know once you get a box or bottle to your room nobody cares onboard unless you try and take it to dinner with no receipt.

I Love this posting, it is going viral soon.

1- Get your old cough medicine bottles out,

empty them and use food coloring to make

it look like medicine.

2-Get Fleet enema bottles and fill them up

If anyone asks tell them its "Doctors" orders.

3-Go to a costume shop and get the fake boobs,

and giant tummies and huge butts.

Tape baggies of booze under them and they will

be too bizzy laughing at you to check you out...

4-Like superman, encase your alcohol in lead

casing, not even Superman will see your "Stash"...

5-Get a wooden leg and fill it up. Tell them your bringing

it to a needy child on the Islands. So thoughtful.

6-Put pinholes in soda cans, then fill them back up.

7-Bring ziplock double seal baggies, and put them along

the lining of your suitcase with tinfoil along the liner.

8-Bribe the Security guard, slap him a quick twenty when you shake his hand... :)

you know what.

10- Hell, Just bring a big case of liquor with you and get busted, at least they'll know your gonna party soon!

May your Seas be flat,

Take care,

The Moore Clan

Tampa Bay!

#'s 3 & 9 are already commercially available.

There is the "Wine Rack"

200-007-1.jpg

And the "Reef Dram Sandal"

reef-dram.jpg

And you left out the "Beer Belly"

200-001-1.jpg

Happy smuggling matey,

Charlie

I Love this posting, it is going viral soon. :)

you know what.

May your Seas be flat,

Take care,

The Moore Clan

Tampa Bay!

Are you gellin'?

I'm gellin' like a felon!

LOL!

Hi Oz Cleopatra

Have to support the words of another member "you are sooooooooo bad":D

Lucky we have you with your organisational skills-

Looking forward to the naughty shorts and baseball cap parties you are hosting in all the restaurants each night. You should get a mass turn out for those.:)

Why not try to find a way to smuggle on some hot dog making equipment and ingredients to boost your takings? With Hooch and hot dogs in your private drinking den for the alcoholics plus the classy dress parties in public rooms heck you almost got it covered.

I know you are open to suggestions so dare I say call yourself "Madam" Cleopatra then "dressed to the nines" and with the right employees you got it all covered.

Thank you for the previous job offer but Sorry I am not available for employment in any capacity. Going on my cruise to have real fun-

Being helpful can I mention something you may have overlooked. Please make sure your business plan includes big bucks for cleaning and disinfecting your suite each day. All those drunks are going to leave it in a somewhat smelly and unhygenic state every night. Those are the things which "float your boat" you go girl. That you have these dreams and ambitions I find touching and wish you success.

Great point. But.. you can ask for your poison when you order a bar setup for your cabin. I've read that they do try to accommodate. It's worth a shot.

Didn't twork for us. We asked for Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and they said NO. Now get this they SELL in onboard in the gift shoppe at a very good deal. Now we would have gladly paid the regular Bar fee for the bottle etc, but they just told us since it was not on the drink menu it was not available. Overall we enjoyed our freestyle cruise with NCL still they need to be more open minded about selling you something that they already have onboard by the case load, you can't even get it in a mixed drink but there it was in the gift shoppe over 40 bottles 1.5L sitting on the first shelf when you went it with a Huge SALE tag. At least they could offer it at the bar or bar set-up

Two days ago you wrote that "NCL do not agree with you and will not alter their policy". Did you not write or make this claim? It appears that they have indeed changed their policy already. All I was asking was how you knew this?

Congrats on your 56 years of onboard experience. That is wonderful. My point was you haven't sailed NCL and you were quoting NCL policy like you had some inside information on it or you have experienced first hand their policy getting more strict.

How do you know I think you are ignorant or classless. All I said was calling people names showed no class. You now won't say if you are calling me names or not. Please do not try to distort my words.

Anyway I am glad you decided to stick to your guns and not post in this thread anymore.

GDAC

You write

It appears that they have indeed changed their policy already.

Please please please give us the lead to the information or show here the official announcement from NCL that their spirits policy has been changed and how it has been changed - if you know this for sure.

If it is fact it would make me and I think many others very happy indeed.. Just because we follow the rules and pay the prices does not mean we are happy to do so and certainly would bring our own bottle if that were legitimate.

Now lets go to the end of your post with your snide comment because I made a posting to respond to you..... . . .What is it you want? You are so contrary. You ask questions (and have done yet again) but then it seems object to answers. LOL.

Back to your opening words now and thank you for accurately quoting me. Absolutely I wrote those words. No argument from me. Please now find that NOT EVER you falsely inserted to distort and try to discredit.

-

Yet again unfortunately you have evaded responding.

Yet again you fail to share your knowledge which led you to decide to prove I was wrong. I assume you do have concrete proof and I would like to see it. As I said I want to learn and want to be accurate.

If you think that you were asking me questions please read your words again. I quote.

When you make statements claiming you know things that you don't, I am going to call you out on it. For someone who has never sailed on NCL, you claim to have a lot of knowledge of how the company is run.

Not a question not a "how" "why" "where" "what" or "explain" in sight and certainly no question mark..

If you are going to accuse then come up with the facts to prove the person is wrong rather than to write "you make statements claiming you know things that you don't" .

You are so certain you know my knowledge or lack of so Please what is it I dont know?.. ..

Might I respectfully suggest if you need information on NCL policy write to them. Perhaps you will get the same answer as me but who knows. You could also read some of the earlier posts in this topic - posts not made by me.

Perhaps you reached your conclusion that I "claim to have a lot of knowledge of how the company is run" by the same logic as you decided I was going on the cruise with the intention to NOT enjoy it. At no time have I "claimed" to know how NCL the company is run-

Why try to discredit someone by making untrue claims?.

My comments always related only to the alcohol spirit policy and this I think was obvious. The published policies of the company regarding spirits and the conditions for spirits I read on my booking confirmation BIG difference..

Sadly there seems a touch of paranoia or desperation in your deciding

WOW! Did I say 12/13 year olds better make that 8/9 year olds.

were personal "name calling". directed at you. Maybe you just proved the point.

Just spend a short time reading and you will find many examples of childlike mentality - and what is sad is just like naughty children they think they are so clever.

Quite honestly I am sure most members are totally fed up (and some very amused) with the personal "ding dongs" (yes I hold my hand up for contributing but I did say I was not perfect) and the trolls. Some names you learn over time "troll" and move on feeling sorry for them.

This time I AM done posting in this topic.

Questions, personal criticism, false claims and distortions will pass by..

You are welcome to think of it as a personal victory. Well done ..

I plan to continue to read .............well not the "trolls" but the other contributions...

They are going to laugh :D . Just because one person did not pay corkage on one box of wine it has turned into a change in policy.

According to the rep this has always been the policy, not a change in policy

Nita you know once you get a box or bottle to your room nobody cares onboard unless you try and take it to dinner with no receipt.

Now here may be where the true policy lies in between it all... the "nobody cares" may have either evolved into what is now policy, or has become what the NCL employees believe it to be, especially those at HQ who do not actually sail on the ships.

My feeling is this.... I found discrepancies in reported policies, I called for clarification and acted based upon the information given to me. If my room steward had said "your wine doesn't have a sticker, please pay $15" I would have done so. He didn't. I don't think I could have been more above-board in the way this was handled.

:eek: THERE WILL BE A PARTY OF REAL FUN IN MR BOWLEGS 2 CABIN:p GAMES WILL BE BUTTON BUTTON WHO HAS THE BUTTON:eek: AND I SPY YES REAL FUN:p IVE READ THE POSTS AND IT SEEMS ANYONE WHO HAS A DRINK IS A DRUNK HOW SAD YOU MAY NEVER GET TO MEET SOME GOOD PEOPLE. I MYSELF WILL STILL BE GOING TO OZ CLEOPATRA ROOM FOR SOME REAL FUN LAUGHS GOOD PEOPLE AND CONVERSATION NOT TO MENTION THE CARD GAME DANCING AND SINGING AND WHATEVER:) ILL SAY GOODBYE TO MR BOWLEGS 2 BECAUSE HE STATED HE WASNT GOING TO POST AGAIN I HOPE YOUR CRUISE WILL BE FILLED WITH RELAXATION AND FUN IF OUR PATHS SHOULD CROSS ILL BUY YOU A DRINK! ALSO YOU HAVE A STANDING INVITATION TO THE PARTY IN CLEOPATRAS ROOM HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't twork for us. We asked for Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and they said NO. Now get this they SELL in onboard in the gift shoppe at a very good deal. Now we would have gladly paid the regular Bar fee for the bottle etc, but they just told us since it was not on the drink menu it was not available. Overall we enjoyed our freestyle cruise with NCL still they need to be more open minded about selling you something that they already have onboard by the case load, you can't even get it in a mixed drink but there it was in the gift shoppe over 40 bottles 1.5L sitting on the first shelf when you went it with a Huge SALE tag. At least they could offer it at the bar or bar set-up

I believe that the shops (including the Photo shop) onboard NCL ships are sub-leased by private companies not owned and operated by NCL. If this is not the case I'm sure someone will correct me. If this is the case then NCL would not control the items the store stocks for sale. NCL would only be able to supply a bar setup with supplies that they control.

I believe that the shops (including the Photo shop) onboard NCL ships are sub-leased by private companies not owned and operated by NCL. If this is not the case I'm sure someone will correct me. If this is the case then NCL would not control the items the store stocks for sale. NCL would only be able to supply a bar setup with supplies that they control.
right on, and btw I did call NCL. I actually called twice, with several different payments: no one has heard about the cockage fees being removed. Now, maybe they will be soon, who knows...??? I am not holding my breath.

Nita

I have never seen a topic bring about such "moral outrage". Get a life, folks!

some of us, me included, enjoy a drink in the cabin or the balcony while getting ready for dinner. I think NCL's policy is absurd, and you do-gooders sticking up for the policy are equally absurd. Believe me, we spend plenty on booze poolside or in the dining room or the various bars on the ship, in addition to a drink in the cabin.

some of us, me included, enjoy a drink in the cabin or the balcony while getting ready for dinner. I think NCL's policy is absurd, and you do-gooders sticking up for the policy are equally absurd. Believe me, we spend plenty on booze poolside or in the dining room or the various bars on the ship, in addition to a drink in the cabin.

I guess it is alright for you to go on a rampage, but those of us who differ have no right to view our opinions. Certainly most of us are not playing by the rules because we are do-gooders, but because we beleive rules are made for all of us, not just those who choose to abide by them. If you want a drink in your cabin, you can always order a bar set up...

NIta

I don't think any of the cruise lines would have a problem if all passengers did was carry on a modest amont of booze to enjoy in their room. As with so many other thinks many have ruined it for a few and I mean many.

One of the first cruises I was on I boarded behind a family that had a giant cooler on wheels filled with beer. I have seen people poolside with a half gallon of rum in their beach bag spiking cokes ordered off on soda card. I watched a woman at my table pull a small bottle of Baileys from her bag at dinner to spike the coffee. Under aged kids drunk on smuggled booze.

Once the booze gets in the wrong hands of leaves the cabin it changes the game. I don't believe but I could be wrong that those that have a problem with the rules would BYOB to their local bar or the bar in a hotel but many on this silly thread see no problem bringing drinks from their cabins to the public spaces on the ship.

I am no ho;;y ro;;er. I have always managed to bring a little onboard and enjoyed it im my cabin. Now that I know about it the bar setup sounds like a reasonable alternative at least on NCL.

What many are asking is for the cruiseline to make an exception because they are reasonable drinkers. What many others are asking is let me bring all I need so I can drink at retail prices and not spend a penny in the bars. How do they who you are. The drew a line in the sand, set the rules, and it is what it is. Everyone will still do what they think is right for them.

i noticed that when we cruise from the states carnival will take booze and wine and hold it.............in europe you can bring on a bottle of wine and they never, NEVER question you. in italy if you bring an empty bottle to this little store near the port they will fill it for you to take onboard...duh

Hi Oz Cleopatra

Have to support the words of another member "you are sooooooooo bad":D

Lucky we have you with your organisational skills-

Looking forward to the naughty shorts and baseball cap parties you are hosting in all the restaurants each night. You should get a mass turn out for those.:)

Why not try to find a way to smuggle on some hot dog making equipment and ingredients to boost your takings? With Hooch and hot dogs in your private drinking den for the alcoholics plus the classy dress parties in public rooms heck you almost got it covered.

I know you are open to suggestions so dare I say call yourself "Madam" Cleopatra then "dressed to the nines" and with the right employees you got it all covered.

Thank you for the previous job offer but Sorry I am not available for employment in any capacity. Going on my cruise to have real fun-

Being helpful can I mention something you may have overlooked. Please make sure your business plan includes big bucks for cleaning and disinfecting your suite each day. All those drunks are going to leave it in a somewhat smelly and unhygenic state every night. Those are the things which "float your boat" you go girl. That you have these dreams and ambitions I find touching and wish you success.

But of COURSE I have the cleaning covered. See, with the profit margin firmly established, I am actually ugrading to a bigger suite and the stewards drink free in exchange for taking care of the cleaning every night. So no worries about the germ factor but thanks so much for your concern. Also, I will pass on the hotdog stand idea. That is probably more up your alley. With my parties, it's Grey Goose, Moet, seafood platters and rack of lamb. Spare no expense baby. And if you are seriously going on a cruise to have "real run" as you put it, you would know my parties are not to be missed. Don't know if you'd get in anyway, though. It's Black tie- no shorts allowed. Have fun on the Poop Deck.:D

:eek: THERE WILL BE A PARTY OF REAL FUN IN MR BOWLEGS 2 CABIN:p GAMES WILL BE BUTTON BUTTON WHO HAS THE BUTTON:eek: AND I SPY YES REAL FUN:p IVE READ THE POSTS AND IT SEEMS ANYONE WHO HAS A DRINK IS A DRUNK HOW SAD YOU MAY NEVER GET TO MEET SOME GOOD PEOPLE. I MYSELF WILL STILL BE GOING TO OZ CLEOPATRA ROOM FOR SOME REAL FUN LAUGHS GOOD PEOPLE AND CONVERSATION NOT TO MENTION THE CARD GAME DANCING AND SINGING AND WHATEVER:) ILL SAY GOODBYE TO MR BOWLEGS 2 BECAUSE HE STATED HE WASNT GOING TO POST AGAIN I HOPE YOUR CRUISE WILL BE FILLED WITH RELAXATION AND FUN IF OUR PATHS SHOULD CROSS ILL BUY YOU A DRINK! ALSO YOU HAVE A STANDING INVITATION TO THE PARTY IN CLEOPATRAS ROOM HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget your tux, love. We want to keep this party all V. I. S. (Very Important Smugglers):p

I don't think any of the cruise lines would have a problem if all passengers did was carry on a modest amont of booze to enjoy in their room. As with so many other thinks many have ruined it for a few and I mean many.

One of the first cruises I was on I boarded behind a family that had a giant cooler on wheels filled with beer. I have seen people poolside with a half gallon of rum in their beach bag spiking cokes ordered off on soda card. I watched a woman at my table pull a small bottle of Baileys from her bag at dinner to spike the coffee. Under aged kids drunk on smuggled booze.

Once the booze gets in the wrong hands of leaves the cabin it changes the game. I don't believe but I could be wrong that those that have a problem with the rules would BYOB to their local bar or the bar in a hotel but many on this silly thread see no problem bringing drinks from their cabins to the public spaces on the ship.

I am no ho;;y ro;;er. I have always managed to bring a little onboard and enjoyed it im my cabin. Now that I know about it the bar setup sounds like a reasonable alternative at least on NCL.

What many are asking is for the cruiseline to make an exception because they are reasonable drinkers. What many others are asking is let me bring all I need so I can drink at retail prices and not spend a penny in the bars. How do they who you are. The drew a line in the sand, set the rules, and it is what it is. Everyone will still do what they think is right for them.

This is the point exactly: had so many not taken advantage of a good thing this would not be an issue. We used to bring a certain amont on and neve had a problem or in the "olden days" we could buy it in the duty free shop and consume booze in our cabin, but too many decided they could bring the household bar on board and now we are all paying.

Nita

We don't drink wine (what a waste of good grapes). Since there is no way to legally bring good stuff (vodka, rum, etc) on board, I think that "we" are being discriminated against. NCL, my lawyer will be in touch. Anyone want to get in on the class action suit???

Archived