Tips- $10.00 per day per Guest

Terry305

LOL I know....Poor Terry has gotten so bashed and keeps trying to explain.

You'd have to go all the way back to the beginning of the thread where Terry (I am unsure of Terry's gender) tried to illustrate the different culture different tipping thing by using an example from Terry's own personal experience.

The story about the dining room was an observation made by Terry that some foreign nationals, who are not used to American tipping, might be offended by the AutoTips and end up stiffing the wait staff.

I hope this clears things up a bit. :)

lol thanks Gamer Mom lol BTW i am a female lol

The more I try to explain the bigger the mess gets lol and maybe I dont make my words clear lol

The friend that we are travelling with just came from Cuba few years ago and they dont go to a lot of restaurants, she is really innocent and when I explained it to her she had no problem and said "yes sure I had no idea" people need to learn and they do most of the time , I re married 7 years ago and my husband came from Cuba also 12 years ago, he is a very geneorous guy every where we go but he was also new to the 15% 20% when I meet him lol, so it took a little time but he does understands now, you can laugh lol but now when we go out to dinner he add the tax on our bill 2 times on his head and put a little extra and thats how he made his 15%, believe me he was one of those $1.00 people when I meet him, lol and I never thought the guy was cheap I just knew he did not know, the soonest I will tell him Ok honey is not $1.00 but $5 or $6 he will put it in a table in a second lol and last year in Punta Cana the guy was giving tips to the security guards lol , I am not in any way trying to make hispanics look bad and I do mention my Country even thought that for reasons beyond me explaining much in this forum is not a regular place to live, people over there had to struggle with many issues and the last thing in their mind is tipping 15% ,is not getting very much in the subject is more a daily struggle surviving. Thanks again for understanding.

My cruise is 25 days away and dd might go so I am thrill lol.

Terry:)

These were just gentle reminders from fellow CC members. Nobody is saying anything bad about you, they are saying, "Please be careful what you post, it may be taken the wrong way."

Hey, I see that your friend got assigned a cabin! Woo Hoo. Enjoy your cruise! You deserve it after working so hard organizing it. :D

Yes they did get a cabin and it looks like is not bad , I got scared when I look at the design of the ship and realize that is on the back, but I feel better now, lol. I been told by Carnival that hey will not hear noises and also by Cruise Critic member that had told me that is a fine place.

Also my daughter might be able to go so I am excited , the only thing is that I want a cabin for her next to ours and they dont have it , so now I am looking into that lol.

I am glad that I read and replied to this thread ..........................................
:) Me too! It's nice to chat with cool people and I am learning so much. It's a little different from the way I usually communicate online (MMORPG), but still fun.

...........................last year in Punta Cana the guy was giving tips to the security guards lol ............................ My cruise is 25 days away and dd might go so I am thrill lol. Terry:)
LOL! That is such a cute story! Hope your DD is able to go too. Stay out of trouble!;) LOL

:) Me too! It's nice to chat with cool people and I am learning so much. It's a little different from the way I usually communicate online (MMORPG), but still fun.

LOL! That is such a cute story! Hope your DD is able to go too. Stay out of trouble!;) LOL

jaja that was cute , he was tipping everyone, lol even the security that stand in a a post next to the building lol,

I hope she can go, she wants a friend to go, she said she might get bored with us lol. so I am just wishing she can come lol.

jaja that was cute , he was tipping everyone, lol even the security that stand in a a post next to the building lol,

I hope she can go, she wants a friend to go, she said she might get bored with us lol. so I am just wishing she can come lol.

ooops clicked on the wrong button. sorry.

In regard to tipping room service. I only use room service for coffee and rolls in the AM. I mark our order on the card and hang it on the door. AT THE SAME time I put a couple of $1.'s on the dressing table. I do that because the room service knock on the door is also my wake up call. So I bound [sort of] out of bed and grab the money. I hold the money out in front of me and open the door. That way they see the money and not ME. Otherwise they'd go running down the hall screaming in fright. And I wouldn't have any coffee to pour in my eyes.:eek::o

Dan

Archived