Any information on Carnival Valor cabin 7451

crusin okie

I searched the Cabin selection tips and could not find any information on this cabin. It is an aft cabin on the Empress deck. I was hoping this would be a good location but am now having doubt. While it is an aft cabin it is not one of the corner cabins. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have any information about it? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

65 days and counting!

I searched the Cabin selection tips and could not find any information on this cabin. It is an aft cabin on the Empress deck. I was hoping this would be a good location but am now having doubt. While it is an aft cabin it is not one of the corner cabins. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have any information about it? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

65 days and counting!

We stayed right next door to it in 7449. the balcony glass is angled down, and the balcony is definitely larger than other standard balcony rooms. Only thing is, when you are standing up against the rail, you can be seen from below, above, and from the sides, and it is pretty easy for your next door neighbors to look around and see you, no matter where you are on the balcony.

That being said, we enjoyed the panoramic view, and the sound and view of the wake from the propellors. There was an ever so slight back and forth motion, also due to the propellors, but nothing to worry about.

All in all, a good room! :)

Thanks so much for your information. From what I can tell, it looks like this might be the first deck of aft cabins with each deck above slanted in towards the ship. I suspected we might be in a "fish bowl". But what the heck - it'll be nice to have a larger balcony. Is the balcony large enough to have chaise lounges rather than just chairs? Also, was the room about the same size as other balcony rooms you've stayed in? One other question - did you eat at the supper club Scarlett's? We enjoyed the supper club on the Conquest so much we plan to try this one too.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Crusin Okie

Thanks so much for your information. From what I can tell, it looks like this might be the first deck of aft cabins with each deck above slanted in towards the ship. I suspected we might be in a "fish bowl". But what the heck - it'll be nice to have a larger balcony. Is the balcony large enough to have chaise lounges rather than just chairs? Also, was the room about the same size as other balcony rooms you've stayed in? One other question - did you eat at the supper club Scarlett's? We enjoyed the supper club on the Conquest so much we plan to try this one too.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Crusin Okie

The room is the same size as other balconies, when compared to the balcony rooms the others in our party had. The balcony could accommodate a chaise. I believe the deck below (MAIN) also has aft cabins, and then, VERANDA above also has them. I did not really consider it to be too much of a fish bowl. The aft facing location was superb from a view perspective. We would book this location again in a second!

We did Scarlett's and the T-Bone I ordered was 24oz. Now I know what it's like trying to eat a Cote de Boeuf, all by myself. Between that and the truffle butter on the bread and rolls, I was a walking blimp after the meal. :) Still though, nice experience and worth the extra cost, IMO.

There will be only one deck above you- and the fishbowl effect will only happen when you are standing at the railing. Sitting in your chairs the people above cant see down into your balcony.

The dividers are slanted so the people next to you can peek around into your balcony. But never found that to be an issue.

The aft balconies are warmer then a side one---missing is ocean breezes which you wont get back there. Keep the curtains closed to the cabin to keep it cool during the day.

What kinds of doubt are you having.? its a good location-between cabin spaces and away from public areas. Halls are quiet back here as people on a cruise dont go where they dont have to.

Serene56 - thanks for your information, and with that from Scooter-N-GB, all concerns are cleared up. I was so excited when we booked this cruise a few weeks ago and found this cabin still available! They're usually snapped up pretty quick. I read something on another post that made me start to think this location might not be so good (it must have really bothered me because I don't even remember now what it was!) so I thought I would check with the boards to see what I could learn. You guys have put my mind at rest. I am very excited to have this cabin because of all the positive things I've read and heard about aft cabins and this one sandwiched in between two decks of cabins I thought would avoid any of the noise problems you read about. Our first cruise was in January 2007 and we are definitely addicted. I've read some of your other posts and your input always seems right on point. Good information is invaluable to us "newbies". Again, thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Crusin Okie :)

Hey Cruisin Okey..

Go out to google and do a search in the image section. Type in Carnival valor cabin (and add your number) hit search and you will be amazed as to the pictures and posts that show up.. Both from CC as well as other places on the web.. (I did it for the Valor 7440 for my cruise)

Good luck and have fun...

Archived