Baltics - Aarhus

Hi - think I'm a bit late with this one as we're off tomorrow - but has anyone any idea how far it is from the port to Den Gamle By (the Old Town) in Aarhus? I'd planned to walk as we don't mind exploring on foot, but suddenly had a horrible thought that it might be too far to walk - or at least waste too much of our port time getting there and back by foot. On the map I've got it doesn't look too far - but has anyone any info on this? We prefer to do our own thing as far as possible and if we can walk it or get a local tram/bus that would be great, and save on ship's excursion prices. Thanks for any help in advance - I'll only be able to check out answers until late tonight, so hope there's someone out there who's been and knows the set-up. (I've tried posting on the Northern Ports thread to extend coverage - but I know I'm being very optomistic hoping for a response in such as short time. Should have thought of it before!)

Thanks!

According to the Aarhus port site the 3 cruise births are at pier 1 and 2 which according to the site is about 10 mins away from the old town. Google has your open air museum about a mile or so away from the piers through the old town. There seems to be a main road between the piers and the town and hopefully there are places to cross!

I see you are back in Harwich on the 13th, please don't drink all the beer as I am off to Norway on the next cruise.

Have a wonderful time

Dave

Cheers, Dave. That sounds great - from what you say I'm sure we'll be able to get there under our own steam. Thanks for your help - and I promise not to drink the ship dry at least not the beer - but not so sure about the cocktails!!!!!!!! :D Really getting into holiday mode now - I just love the Celebration and I'm sure we'll really enjoy our trip. Hope you have a great one too - Norway is beautiful! :)

Archived