Not Too Early Roll Call; Pride; Yacht Havens

Jane Pond

Hi Chairsin.

Rob's restaurant, Lumiere in Vancouver has won Best Restaurant awards, Best French, and is the only freestanding restaurant in Canada to be invited into Relais Gourmands.His cuisine blends classic French basics with the Asian influences that are so prevalent in Vancouver over the last decade. His dishes are beautiful to behold and scrumptious to taste. Other raves come from Wine Spectator, Food Arts, Gourmet, Wallpaper, NewYork Times,etc. So, you can see he tickles the palates of a wide range of tastes.

bgood

Hi Everyone!

My partner and I will also be on the Seabourn Pride 12/12 sailing from Bridgetown. We're from Fort Lauderdale, and will be flying from Miami to Barbados on 12/10 on BWIA. We're spending 2 nights at the Southern Palms Beach Club in St. Lawrence Gap before boarding. We're first time Seabourn cruisers and are extremely excited about our trip! We hope to meet all of you on board!

Tony & Brian

BGOOD

Thanks for the additional info -- can't wait -- hard to believe the cuisine could be any better than it usually -- I'll post a culinary review when I return ( assuming I survive Martita's merriment!)

Tony and Brian

Can't wait to meet you and welcome you aboard the best ships afloat. How did you come to settle on Seabourn?

Hi Chairsin!

We've taken several cruises on other lines before and have heard wonderful things about Seabourn. We are particularly looking forward to the Beach Barbeque! That is certainly unlike anything we've experienced. We look forward to meeting you on board as well. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Tony & Brian

Tony~~~~You and Brian are in for a real treat as to the beach barbeque! It's held on "Prickley Pear Island" (very close to Richard Branson's high $$$ private Necker Island) and the Pride brings out all it's water toys......banana boat, sea-doo's, etc., etc. The great waiter's, in their uniforms, serve caviar in the surf! And the dee-licious buffet is absolutely unbelievable......for the guests that don't enjoy sand, there is a large thatched pavillion with tables and chairs........champagne, wines, drinks galore! It's spectacular and truly memorable!

My favorite toast remains: "The best Islands in the world are those that float and move........their names are, The Pride, The Legend, and The Spirit!"

Cheers!

MB

Tony and Brian,

You will have a great time at the beach BBQ on Prickley Pear. Gourmet food with fine china, champagne and caviar in the surf. If the 2 of you are adventurous try the banana boat it is a lot of fun.

Hope you post a review when you get back.

mcboo:):):)

Jane~~~many thanks for the invitation, but I'm busy with all my other 'lit "goin's on" around 12:30.

I'll probably have lunch in St. Bart's, then our picnic and then the sail away from St. Thomas at 1 pm on the 16th.......but I know most of the guests will want to play......you won't have any problem forming THE winning team.

chairsin and her hubby may want to play........

Cheers!

MB

Well, I am disappointed, I figured you for our 'winning ringer'. I love to play, so perhaps some others will as well. I am looking forward to meeting you!

Jane in PHL

PS: For those CC'ers who helped me with advice on Dubai, I am just back and it was a wonderful visit! Thank you!

Jane~~~as three of my closest and dearest friends will be on board, I shall mention trivia to them when we arrive in Barbados on Dec. 11th......they all play on our Crossings.

Glad you're safely home......know you had a wonderful adventure!

MB

Jane,

Never heard of this on our prior Seabourn cruises. We are typically not game people(though we did come in second out of 8 teams with some friends of ours one time with the liars club) but we might be tempted. Anyway, just think of it this way, if you can't have Martita one your team at least be grateful she is not going to be on an opposing team !

Let's put Martita to work now finding out who the rest of our key crew will be ( Captain, cruise director, guest lecturer, etc.)

chairsin~~~~I've been very busy organizing our PRE-cruise evening in Barbados! I have a FEW surprises, I think, for our cocktails and dinner! (mucho grande sorpresa!) Along with you two, my good buddy, HD, and myself (the M's do not fly in until 10 pm) we just may have a few more to join us at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel......I'm doing a 'lit research as to a good restaurant close by. I didn't think we would want to drive TOO far. I'm hoping our "driver/car" from the CC Beach will provide transportation for us......

Are you and hubby going to Tucson on the 19th? I'm staying in Ft. Laud for a couple of days and will fly back to San Antonio on Dec. 21st. THEN fly to El Paso on Dec. 23rd......that's WAY too much "cavortin'" for me! hahaha

Back to my "scheming and plottin'"......

MB

Jane~~~~Please come and join us......I'll be flying in from Miami at 6:40 pm..........you may want to go over earlier and join chairsin and "hubby"......I was disappointed to be flying in so late but coming from San Antonio, Houston, Miami, I'm lucky to "get there at ALL".......hahaha

I'm checking nearby restaurants now.....

MB

when martita is on board?

Martita,

You never cease to amaze me. I just love your outlook on life. We are happy to go along with anything (semi-legal, that is) that you suggest.

And Jane, please do join us -- we may well get a head start and warm up the barstools for Martita ( maybe we can put our heads together and plan a 'Lit' surprise for our CC buddy!)

O.K., Kids......I have been e-mailing our guest Cheffy, Rob Feenie. I found his restaurant web site and just e-mailed him to "welcome him to Seabourn!" WELL, not only is he thrilled to join us on the Pride, BUT, he's bringing his finace, Miss Michelle! They have never been on a Seabourn ship......I invited them to the "Eggnog Social" and he was so happy to accept and [i]even[/i] went on to say, "we would like to attend ALL the parties!" I sent a brief note to Michelle as to our formal evenings, beach picnic, etc., etc........then I decided, well, why not invite them to have drinks and dine with us in Barbados! However, I did mention that if he and his finace would prefer a romantic dinner by themselves, we would certainly understand........he sounds just super-great! And was so appreciative of the "welcome note!" I have a few restaurants in mind......am narrowing them down now.
I'm not [i]quite[/i] finished with the guest list.........to be continued!

Yipppeee and Hosanna, we'll just add one more fun evening to our "Yacht Heavens" cruise!

MB

chairsin~~~well, if we CAN'T board the Pride the evening of Dec. 11th, why not just bring the Pride TO US? (or SOME of 'em)

I think it will be a great, fun evening......I'm still studyin' restaurants. Have 3 or 4 in mind, but will continue to "do my home work!" I just thought maybe an open-air, sea front, not too terribly expensive, (dutch treat, will be the easiest, don't you think?) good food......maybe a 'lit combo on the side.
I'll post a few, then we can all decide.

(I like your husband!)
MB

chairsin~~~I have been researching ALL the Christchurch restaurants. Here's what I've found. The best restaurant now (they say) is called Restaurant at Southsea, then there is Pisces......another place is, David's Place. OR we may decide just to have drinks and have dinner at the Coconut Beach .......I checked out the picture and it doesn't look bad......open-air, comfortable, (cigar smokin') etc.
I will not arrive until around 7 (the earliest) the M's will not be able to dine with us as they don't arrive until 10 pm.......
We could do this......wait until Rob and Michelle confirm as to dining with us. If they are coming to meet us, then I will make a reservation at Restaurant at Southsea for 8:30. If they prefer to dine by themselves (I certainly wouldn't blame the love-birds for that) then we might all just decide to "cool it" on the CC Hotel dining deck......have cocktails, have a 'lit dinner, then a nightcap with the M's when they arrive. (we'll wear our Mumu's......hahaha)
How these plans sound with 'yall?

MB

I am just home from a quick trip to Florida where I picked up my documents. (I have a TA who is a dear friend as well, having introduced my parents to the Seabourn and other fine trips. I found a picture of all of us on our frist cruise, the Statendam to Bermuda in '62!

But I digress, I think we should just all meet and drink and dine at your Coconut Beach Hotel and Restaurant. No sense in trying to coordinate so many variables, just meet and greet and relax.

Jane in PHL who will warm a seat for any late arrivals!

Archived