Gift from travel agent

kec

I got a small parcel from my TA -- lanyards.

I received the package the other day, it was our first time to book a cruise and think that's a nice gesture from them or you're really supposed to receive it from them?

What did you get from you TA's? :)

It is nice to receive something from your agent and It's good marketing for them too!

You don't receive anything booking direct, but with an agent I know you sometimes do.

Our tickets arrived in a large parcel and inside was a bottle of Angus Brut to celebrate with, very nice gesture I thought. :)

we all got caps with "our TA name" and sun princess inauguaral season or something like that.

We didnt take them on our cruise and have never worn their free advertising.

I am not sure if inclusive tips or OBC are classed as gifts but we have recieved them. Cash perks always work best!!!

Hi Kec,

I thought the wine was good too. :) Unfortunately I can't PM you my T/A not allowed on CC to discuss agents.

Just for future reference, you aren't allowed to post on the boards information regarding travel agents, but you are allowed to privately discuss them, through private messages.

:)

we all got caps with "our TA name" and sun princess inauguaral season or something like that.

We didnt take them on our cruise and have never worn their free advertising.!

Tacky tacky tacky........I would have given the caps back.

The first thing I take off a new car I have purchased is that dumb license plate frame with the dealer's advertizing.......I can't believe people drive around with those things on their cars....:rolleyes:

Just for future reference, you aren't allowed to post on the boards information regarding travel agents, but you are allowed to privately discuss them, through private messages.

I understand that we are not permitted to post our email addresses for the purpose of passing on travel agents' names or of promoting a particular travel agent. :):)

Sadly, I did get in trouble for this previously and am probably being over cautious.

But from what I understand, I am not allowed to discuss agents, offer to send details and no one is allowed to ask for details, which is pretty tough for new people.

Someone had asked me to send details of my agent to them and I obliged, they also got in trouble for asking me. Bad mark for both of us I'm afraid.

I also didn't think the PM thing worked on CC. Maybe I am just not aware of how it all works.

Sadly, I did get in trouble for this previously and am probably being over cautious.

But from what I understand, I am not allowed to discuss agents, offer to send details and no one is allowed to ask for details, which is pretty tough for new people.

Someone had asked me to send details of my agent to them and I obliged, they also got in trouble for asking me. Bad mark for both of us I'm afraid.

I also didn't think the PM thing worked on CC. Maybe I am just not aware of how it all works.

Wow.. that's nuts then. I've always thought you were allowed to do it privately. I've done it before through email. I asked people to email me details of good agents, and I received a few via email. But this was a while ago so maybe they've changed the rules.

Either way, word of mouth is what gets TA's clients, and noone can stop you from emailing someone else in regards to your TA. :)

I received the package the other day, it was our first time to book a cruise and think that's a nice gesture from them or you're really supposed to receive it from them?

An account, and a smile if I pay it in person! :p

Actually got a nice zip up travel pouch last time, but considering we paid a motza for our last cruise, a bottle of wine waiting in our mini would have been a nice touch.

I have a drawer full of hats with my employers logo on them, which I don't wear - let alone wearing one from a T/A.

Hi Glenda,

Just a slight variation.

1) We cannot discuss specific T/A's or provide links to T/A related sites

2) We cannot offer to send details of an agent - or post an email link to request someone email you for your T/A info.

3) We can discuss general methods of booking, plus benefits of online vs main street T/A's

4) We can post requesting T/A information be emailed to us for discussion off the board, but you need to provide your email - as PM system is disabled.

The difference is that we can request the information, but cannot offer it or reply with the information on the boards.

Hi Glenda,

Just a slight variation.

1) We cannot discuss specific T/A's or provide links to T/A related sites

2) We cannot offer to send details of an agent - or post an email link to request someone email you for your T/A info.

3) We can discuss general methods of booking, plus benefits of online vs main street T/A's

4) We can post requesting T/A information be emailed to us for discussion off the board, but you need to provide your email - as PM system is disabled.

The difference is that we can request the information, but cannot offer it or reply with the information on the boards.

Hi Geoff, Thanks for the reply on this.

When I got my warning, in the post I was asked to email the info and I replied sent. That then was enough for both of us to get a warning.

The post has been removed, so can't go back over it to see. But am super duper careful now about what I say, just in case I get another warning as mine tells me that there will not be another warning, and I could loose access to the forum.

It is a topic that probably does need discussion as I really wasn't aware it was so strict until I received my warning which is there for me to see everytime I go into my CP.

I knew that we couldn't give names of T/As, so I thought that was pretty much it.

When I went on the Dawn this year I remember seeing a lot of lanyards with a certain t/a on it. It stuck in my mind so much that it was the first t/a site I went into to look at my next cruise and I have now also booked with them. Great marketing on their behalf in my opinion ;)

Last cruise we received two bottles of wine, a box of chocolates....well there were two very large ones in the box and heaps and heaps of champagne at the Captains Cocktail party which the travel agency consortium hosted.....cheers shiona

Archived