Beware of Princess Excursion "A Day in St. Barth's & Island Drive"

Blackrobe

Sorry you had such a bad day. You did the correct thing in informing the staff on board the ship of the "quality" of your excursion. I assume that the comments will be passed on to the operators, and that someone from the ship will be going on the tour next time to see if anything has improved. If not, they'll be dropped.

Oh Goodness - thanks so much for sharing this information with us. My husband and I came very close to booking that excursion, but decided it was a bit pricey and chose to do the St. Maarten Island Tour "Under Two Flags" which is a pretty reasonable excursion. Sorry that you had to experience a crappy time. Again, thanks for sharing.

we were looking at doing that very tour but couldn't figure out how to justify the high price...it doesn't even include a lunch

Thanks for the head's up. I think my day at St. Maarten will be spent shopping and quaffing several guavaberry coladas!

We had looked at that excursion for our 11/13 cruise on the CB, but actually changed our mind due to the cost. I am sorry that your experience was so terrible, but do appreciate your forewarning others. Thanks, Blackrobe!!

We'd also considered doing it and passed. We will not look again.

Our rule is we never book a tour of more than 4 hours, in case of a disaster such as yours, it cuts our losses.
You are missing many wonderful tours. We find that frequently the all day tours are much, much better than the half day tours.

Blackrobe .... Thanks you so VERY much for your time to post this! Really appreciate the warning!

Our rule is we never book a tour of more than 4 hours, in case of a disaster such as yours, it cuts our losses.

nycruise .... We normally find that the longer than 4 Hour cruises offered by the ship to be the best .... especially the catamarans! We always avoid bus tours in the Caribbean! :D

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived