New question re: Lemons

crazycath

Can I bring Real lemons on board the ship? And how, checked luggage or carry on?

I realize I can get them on board but want some in the room for cocktails. The amount I use it would be easier to carry them with me, of course if I run out I know where I can get them.

Cathy

I can get the "weapon" on board. So you think I can bring them on board if they are whole and NOT cut??

Cathy

Why? Bring a couple of ziplock bags, go up to Lido Deck and get as many as you wish, put them in the ziplock and take them to your cabin.

I can't tell you about lemons, but I do know 2 limes had no problem making it on to the Legend last Sunday. They were packed, but not 'hidden' in checked luggage. Once cut they were stored in a zippy bag in a small soft sided cooler.

I also know that on the Legned, this past week, that room service delivered a entire cut lemon to a stateroom. They did not have limes available for room service.

We brought "real lime" (the juice) on the ship last May in our carry on luggage. They didn't say a thing, one it was sealed and no where did it say we couldn't.

I didn't check it because of it's shape, I thought it would look odd in the xray machine.

I can't tell you about lemons, but I do know 2 limes had no problem making it on to the Legend last Sunday. They were packed, but not 'hidden' in checked luggage. Once cut they were stored in a zippy bag in a small soft sided cooler.

I also know that on the Legned, this past week, that room service delivered a entire cut lemon to a stateroom. They did not have limes available for room service.

Perfect!

Thanks!

We brought "real lime" (the juice) on the ship last May in our carry on luggage. They didn't say a thing, one it was sealed and no where did it say we couldn't.

I didn't check it because of it's shape, I thought it would look odd in the xray machine.

Yeah hubby said bring the "real Lemon"

Cathy

They did have limes available on the Triumph in April. We had half a dozen delivered to our room via room service, but then had quite an interesting time cutting them with a butter knife! LOL! We opted not to bring our own on because of it being agricultural (I know there are laws around agricultural products, but I don't know them enough to know if it's okay to do or not.:confused: )

We prefer fresh if we can get our hands on them, the juice just isn't the same! :p

They did have limes available on the Triumph in April. We had half a dozen delivered to our room via room service, but then had quite an interesting time cutting them with a butter knife! LOL! We opted not to bring our own on because of it being agricultural (I know there are laws around agricultural products, but I don't know them enough to know if it's okay to do or not.:confused: )

We prefer fresh if we can get our hands on them, the juice just isn't the same! :p

I prefer fresh also, thats why I asked the question.

Cathy

Can I bring Real lemons on board the ship? And how, checked luggage or carry on?

I realize I can get them on board but want some in the room for cocktails. The amount I use it would be easier to carry them with me, of course if I run out I know where I can get them.

Cathy

We took lemons and limes on the Pride last year without a problem. I used the foil cutter on my wine corkscrew to cut them without a problem. Fresh Lemon and Lime is always better!

I would love fresh limes but was hard to find on the ship - I usually went to one of the bars and asked nicely and was always given a few slices which I took back to my cabin. Lemon slices must easier to find on Lido deck - near iced tea machines! Room service also told me they only had lemons, no limes :(

Archived