OM2 2010 world cruise TA crossings

sfbearcat

What's the point in Cunard bragging about QM2 being the only true "ocean liner", built for TA crossings, when she takes 6 nights (and in this case 7 nights) to do a TA crossing? If she's the fastest ship at sea, she should go the fastest.

I doubt they will make the rest of the TA crossing 7 days in 2010, but I guess we won't find out until next year when the schedule is announced.

What's the point in Cunard bragging about QM2 being the only true "ocean liner", built for TA crossings, when she takes 6 nights (and in this case 7 nights) to do a TA crossing? If she's the fastest ship at sea, she should go the fastest.

I doubt they will make the rest of the TA crossing 7 days in 2010, but I guess we won't find out until next year when the schedule is announced.

It's the cost of fuel.

If you've ever crossed the Atlantic in a cruise ship and the QM2 in Gale Force 10 winds, you know right away the difference!

If they do change the regular TA's to 7 days, it will be very bad news for me. That will mean a price increase for the extra day, and to book a room for 4 people, the increased cost may be a deal breaker and I will have to head to the airport when returning home from Europe.

No, I have not been on Cunard before. I am, however, seriously considering a TA at the end of my next European holiday, a few years down the road. So I have recently been perusing the Cunard board, gathering information and participating in the discussions.

No, I have not been on Cunard before. I am, however, seriously considering a TA at the end of my next European holiday, a few years down the road. So I have recently been perusing the Cunard board, gathering information and participating in the discussions.

So assuming that the TAs go to seven days and further assuming that Cunard maintain that same TA arrangement for the forseeable future the effect on you won't be felt for some time which should give you time to save for the extra cost, which in all fairness won't, in a commercial world be that much. Do you think:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I really like the 5days 6nights its perfect for a nice get away! having done 7 crossings I must say most of the time Im about ready to get off the last day. I also have a hard time getting friends up for just a 5 day deal..6 they will never go! Plus I love when were going 25knots!!

I really like the 5days 6nights its perfect for a nice get away! having done 7 crossings I must say most of the time Im about ready to get off the last day. I also have a hard time getting friends up for just a 5 day deal..6 they will never go! Plus I love when were going 25knots!!

I agree with you, I like the 6 nights westbound but I would like longer coming east to avoid the daily loss of 1 hour which I find cumulatively tiring.

It is not all bad news, you get to spend an axtra night on a great ship. If you're in a hurry you need an airport.

Exactly my thoughts! We feel the longer QM2 takes on a TA, the better. Why the rush on a fantastic ship like that?

Archived