Voyager of the Seas - men's suit

norcalgal

I've done a search, but didn't really come up with an answer, so here goes: does a man have to wear a suit on formal night? Will he be denied access to the dining room on that night if wearing a dress shirt, slacks and a tie? Is the jacket so very important? This is on a cruise in and out of Barcelona & it sounds difficult to drag a suit around Europe. Is the charge to press a suit outrageous?

Hummm. A suit might be nice come picture/portrait time. I have seen men without a jacket on formal night RCI cruises. After day of sun, I've taken my jacket off in the dining room as it gets warm.

I usually wear a dark blazer or suit jacket with open shirt, usually with jeans when I travel to the ship to save packing space.

Ofcourse, it's still possible to rent a tux on the ship too. :)

I just wear a sport coat, slacks and open button down shirt and have never had a problem. You will see everything from tux to suits to sport coats to no coats and both ties and no ties. On carnivore I did see one 20 something with jeans and a dress shirt with athletic shoes on formal night.

You don't HAVE to wear anything. It's a suggestion.

Per the website:

During the day, casual clothes are fine for the main dining room. In the evening, there are three distinct types of dress onboard: casual, smart casual and formal.

Bare feet or bathing suits are not allowed at any time in the dining room and shorts are not permitted at dinner.

Archived