Question to Fun Pass experts

Terry305

I am online on the process of doing the Sunpass , is asking me to set up the Sign and Sail card,shall I do this now?? will they run my credit card if I do it or shall I do it at the pier???

Thanks

Terry:)

HI,

First it only askes for the last 4 digits of the card number. There will be no charge on your card, until you get on the ship. So just fill it out, and this way when you get to the check in, they will have all the info, makes for faster boarding.

They then will just need, your passport or Birth Cert, Credit Card, and thats it.

Have a great cruise.

You can leave the SS info empty and the Fun Pass will still show as "completed" when the rest of the info is entered.

Ilovepj is right, it will speed things up at the port but that's a differnce between 10 minutes and 12 minutes. Not that much.

DW and I use a cash deposit so never fill it out and don't worry about it until we are on board and then go to the pursers desk. We get to the port early enough to be in one of the first groups on the ship and the pursers desk is not crowded then.

You can leave the SS info empty and the Fun Pass will still show as "completed" when the rest of the info is entered.

Ilovepj is right, it will speed things up at the port but that's a differnce between 10 minutes and 12 minutes. Not that much.

DW and I use a cash deposit so never fill it out and don't worry about it until we are on board and then go to the pursers desk. We get to the port early enough to be in one of the first groups on the ship and the pursers desk is not crowded then.

Thanks for the info UnclePat...This is my 1st cruise so I opt for cash. I was wondering how this worked. So we have to go to the pursers desk and add the money, correct? Also I am so confused with the tips...Do you pay in advance or as you go?

You can use cash or CC or both. You can put cash down as you go on your account even with a CC attached to the account. I always do that, then I don't have to wait in line to open a cash account and just put money down when I am going by and there is nobody in line.

Thanks for the info UnclePat...This is my 1st cruise so I opt for cash. I was wondering how this worked. So we have to go to the pursers desk and add the money, correct? Also I am so confused with the tips...Do you pay in advance or as you go?

They add the tips to your SS account, is $10.00 per day per person.:)

I want to put cash because we already had saved our money for expenses and is here seating in a drawer. SO I rather put the money and had no bill on our return. :)

Here's a copy of a post I made in another thread:

DW and I always use cash instead of credit because the hold they place on the card, limits my use of the card. Here's how we figured it out on our cruise aboard the Legend last September:

Tips ($10.00 per pay per person) = $140.00

Coffee (2 Latte's a day @ $3.50) = $49.00

Drinks (I take wine and champagne so use little of the bar) = $50.00

Pictures (Always swear to spend less but usually spend more) = $100.00

Drink card (Soft drinks - We bring a 12 pack but always need more) = $25.00

Miscellaneous (flowers, cards, medicine and souvenirs, extra pictures) = $100.00

Total = $464 (round to $500)

This does not include any excursions we take so we add money when we decide what to do. Our total for the Legend was just under $700 including excursions.

Using cash also keeps us from spending more than we expect to. I check the balance every evening and replenish is need be. We met one couple on the Liberty that used their credit card and paid no attention to what they spent. When the got their bill at the end, they had put over $3,000 on their card and paniced on how they would pay the card down. If you do use a card and have more than 1 or 2 charging against it, my suggestion would be to put a limit on the account and only you could authorize an increase.

We always take "Thank You" cards and use them for our steward, the coffee bar hostess and anyone else we get GREAT service from. My secret is to ask the steward when we first arrive for something extra; more ice, extra towel, anything. Then I leave a $20 with a note of thanks and you'd be surprise how much they do for us after that. We always get the best service and the friendliest crew taking care of us. A little "Thanks" goes a looooong way!

Tips are added to your S&S card right off the bat so, any deposit you make will need to cover the tips. You can always adjust the tips up or down depending on the service you get. We have found the service to ALWAYS warrant the $10 per day. Most goes to your room steward and his helpers, little goes to the staff in the dining room. The last night they will give you an envelope to tip the matre'd but we generally don't. We tend to tip our room steward more because we have always been very pleased. One cruise we did the dining room only 1 time in 7 days so moved the tips to the room steward and buffet staff instead.

Thanks for the info, If I put the card and at the pier I decide to put cash will that be Okay??

Absolutely. They will remove the card from the S&S and when you get on board, just go to the pursers desk and put your deposit down.

The key is to "do what's best for your circumstances". I'm like Terry305, I want to get back with NO bills outstanding and usually some extra cash in my pocket. My best suggestion is keep tabs on your account and when it gets low, add more or spend less. Spend less is harder for us! Most of our money goes for excursions and pictures and more pictures and more pictures! You get the point.

What ever you do, have a GREAT time!!

They don't run it till you are checking in at the pier

I am online on the process of doing the Sunpass , is asking me to set up the Sign and Sail card,shall I do this now?? will they run my credit card if I do it or shall I do it at the pier???

Thanks

Terry:)

Archived